Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

justme

Reaction score
Only for Pasmo. Suica has a ¥220 admin charge if I didn’t recall wrongly.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html#category06

https://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/use/repayment/

Thanks bro.
another question. thinking of visiting a straweberry farm.. that is easy to get to myself via transport, i have 2 elderly, 2 infants..

any recommendations?

do u have any websites to recommend for 1 day trips to fuji? normally they combine it with a visit to strawberry farm..

i have looked through japanican.. klook.. anymore?

thwysg

Reaction score
Thanks bro.
another question. thinking of visiting a straweberry farm.. that is easy to get to myself via transport, i have 2 elderly, 2 infants..

any recommendations?

do u have any websites to recommend for 1 day trips to fuji? normally they combine it with a visit to strawberry farm..

i have looked through japanican.. klook.. anymore?

Try to use Google first.

http://www.forestbus.jp/cdt/fuji_and_fruit.html
http://attractions.changirecommends.com/japan
https://www.yokosojapan-tour.com/en/feature_categories/21

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Going Osaka, Kyoto n Nara end of this month. I saw the temperature will be like 15 to 0 degrees

I dun travel often to cold countries n no winter jackets.

Now not much winter jackets to buy but I saw Uniqlo still selling ultra light down. I will wear t-shirt n thermal wear inside if is too cold. Is it good enough to protect me from the cold especially at night?

shiddough

Reaction score
Tochigi

hi hi im gg on a 1 week sch trip in late May to this uni (IUHW) in Otawara, Tochigi. we only have lessons from around 9am and our itinerary is till latest 4pm everyday and we're free after that.

i did a search online & theres nothing of my interest. maybe will head to 1 park or something.

anyone has visited this prefecture/area before care to share what else to do? tbh, i kinda want to head to Tokyo to get something!!! but an eastern tohoku JR pass is so $$$$ and idk if its worth the pass/travel.

am also wondering, the nearest station to my apartment is Nishinasuno. but im kinda unsure about the trains/passes/subway. is nishinasuno a regular subway station where i can use my suica card (does it expire? i bought it during my Osaka trip in '15).

appreciate all the help i can get. thanks!!

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka got many Uniqlo - can go there first see how’s the weather then first thing head there buy

thwysg

Reaction score
hi hi im gg on a 1 week sch trip in late May to this uni (IUHW) in Otawara, Tochigi. we only have lessons from around 9am and our itinerary is till latest 4pm everyday and we're free after that.

i did a search online & theres nothing of my interest. maybe will head to 1 park or something.

anyone has visited this prefecture/area before care to share what else to do? tbh, i kinda want to head to Tokyo to get something!!! but an eastern tohoku JR pass is so $$$$ and idk if its worth the pass/travel.

am also wondering, the nearest station to my apartment is Nishinasuno. but im kinda unsure about the trains/passes/subway. is nishinasuno a regular subway station where i can use my suica card (does it expire? i bought it during my Osaka trip in '15).

Your station is a JR station. Suica Card doesn’t expire so long as you use it at least once every 10 years. You probably need to head to Nasu-Shiobara station to catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo or go up north to Aomori.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Osaka got many Uniqlo - can go there first see how*********s the weather then first thing head there buy

I reach Osaka at night 9pm liao. Airport got Uniqlo?

Uniqlo there selling cheaper than sg? what if no more selling winter wear?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nishi-nasuno is one stop away from nasu-shiobara and 1hr train ride form nikko... nikko everyone knows and nasu-shiobara have her own page on japan guide.... so you should have stuff to do...

you can use your suica, but just remember you cannot use the suica to take the train directly to tokyo on limited express trains or shinkansen, you have to buy a pass or get your tickets from the train ticket counter for these kind of long distance travel

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Osaka, Kyoto n Nara end of this month. I saw the temperature will be like 15 to 0 degrees

Now not much winter jackets to buy but I saw Uniqlo still selling ultra light down. I will wear t-shirt n thermal wear inside if is too cold. Is it good enough to protect me from the cold especially at night?

Good enough for me. Was below 10c in dec when i was there. can consider to buy a cap when in japan to cover head and ears. can get for less than 500yen.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Good enough for me. Was below 10c in dec when i was there. can consider to buy a cap when in japan to cover head and ears. can get for less than 500yen.

Wow, I guess u stronger than me

I was in Korea during Nov 2016. Temp fell to -5 but with 2 layers inside, a thick down jacket (borrowed from ex-colleague), scarf n gloves, I still feel pretty cold

That is why I m worried now although forecast is not as bad as Korea trip

thwysg

Reaction score
Wow, I guess u stronger than me

I was in Korea during Nov 2016. Temp fell to -5 but with 2 layers inside, a thick down jacket (borrowed from ex-colleague), scarf n gloves, I still feel pretty cold

That is why I m worried now although forecast is not as bad as Korea trip

Bring hand warmers. They do help. But since you’re heading to the cities, it won’t be as cold as in Hokkaido. And I’ve been there in early April, the coldest it gets in Tokyo was just below 5°C.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not that cold. Shirt and jacket can already. Once reach April will be even warmer, sometimes need to take off jacket when walking

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Not that cold. Shirt and jacket can already. Once reach April will be even warmer, sometimes need to take off jacket when walking

But my jacket is not those down coat/jacket/parka. Mine is those sweater kind of jacket material. Good enough mah?

VacheronLim

Reaction score
But my jacket is not those down coat/jacket/parka. Mine is those sweater kind of jacket material. Good enough mah?

i went to the same places (osaka, kyoto, nara) as you from late feb to early march

during my stay there, there were some days the temperate in osaka went up to 19/20 degrees, so don't need thermal wear also can

but there are some days the max only 11/12 degrees with wind, those days can be quite cold

maybe check this website for the 1 week forecast before you depart (http://www.jma.go.jp/en/week/331.html), right now the temperature is not as cold le so actually 2 layers should be alright

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qns for Expressway Bus from shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station .

Do these bus allow storage of trolley luggage like below the bus ?
or do we need to store them in lockers or storage service counters?

I only know taiwan bus got this service. Never took a jap one before.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qns for Expressway Bus from shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station .

Do these bus allow storage of trolley luggage like below the bus ?
or do we need to store them in lockers or storage service counters?

I only know taiwan bus got this service. Never took a jap one before.

You will need to take your luggage away after you reached your destination - not sure if I understood your question correctly ?

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
i went to the same places (osaka, kyoto, nara) as you from late feb to early march

during my stay there, there were some days the temperate in osaka went up to 19/20 degrees, so don't need thermal wear also can

but there are some days the max only 11/12 degrees with wind, those days can be quite cold

maybe check this website for the 1 week forecast before you depart (http://www.jma.go.jp/en/week/331.html

Funny cos I checked AccuWeather n is like 3 degrees now. But the website u shared do not have any days with that temp

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

everyone's cold tolerance is different. have u been to cold places? eg. I know my fingers n ears always kena so I make sure to bring hand warmers, gloves, ear muffs/neck warmer.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo here has promo on heat tech stuff. You may want to get a piece or 2 before your get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.