Android TV Box

teck2104

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a TV box but I am having trouble with the set up and turning it into something simple that older people can use for watching the stuff they watch. The shop I bought it from isn't very much help.

Anyone here who is really good at setting one up with the right apps, that sort of thing that I am clueless at and would like to earn a bit of spare cash helping me set it up (I don't want to go out and buy another box, I don't want to keep a box that I don't use), please do PM me for details.

I don't think my requirements are demanding, I just need it set up and easily maintained thereafter.

Thanks!

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a TV box but I am having trouble with the set up and turning it into something simple that older people can use for watching the stuff they watch. The shop I bought it from isn't very much help.

Anyone here who is really good at setting one up with the right apps, that sort of thing that I am clueless at and would like to earn a bit of spare cash helping me set it up (I don't want to go out and buy another box, I don't want to keep a box that I don't use), please do PM me for details.

I don't think my requirements are demanding, I just need it set up and easily maintained thereafter.

Thanks!

Can shed some information on what is the box that you bought.
Model, brand and spec.
If you are expecting the ease of use like stuckhub setup box, then you need to subscribe to stuckhub. Your parents need to learn how to navigate the android apk by themselves.

antro65

Reaction score

Thanks!
There are a few sellers in Carousell who might be able to help,
maybe you can go and enquire with them.
Just install the app or go to the website, and search for -removed by mod-.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

teck2104

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It is an Innox S2-Mini.

I understand it's not as easy to use as the Starhub box, I'm just trying to get it down to a minimum acceptable level. And get the apk management down to a minimum level for myself as well.

Thanks for the Carousell and FB suggestions, I may check those out as well.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It is an Innox S2-Mini.

I understand it's not as easy to use as the Starhub box, I'm just trying to get it down to a minimum acceptable level. And get the apk management down to a minimum level for myself as well.

Thanks for the Carousell and FB suggestions, I may check those out as well.

How much did you pay for this box?

For old folk who is not tech savvy, it is better to get a simple STB with DVB-T2 tuner.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Personally I like the Minix Neo U1. Its got a good quality built and online community support. There are a lot of cheaper china-made android boxes though...

There is a newer model like NEO U9.. not sure whether it is cheaper and better pictures. I'm look for for one but confusing by all this features and apps.. :s22:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation?

Any China made STB should suffice, search DVB-T2 in Qoo10 or Lazada. If price is almost the same then get it from Lazada, delivery is from courier and any fault just send it back to them.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 out of 7 posts pimping this clementi shop and their goods....must be worker or the shop owner himself:s22::s13: Nowadays hwz moderation so lax ar? Can allow this kind of self advertising and soliciting?

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 out of 7 posts pimping this clementi shop and their goods....must be worker or the shop owner himself:s22::s13: Nowadays hwz moderation so lax ar? Can allow this kind of self advertising and soliciting?
This shop deal with & include online sales.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Recently HWZ was hacked and someone using other people password to log in.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Which has nothing to do with this. :)

Nobody vets stuff posted on the forums - it's live the minute you submit it. The only way we get to know about something that's not suitable is if moderators chance upon it or someone like rECKleSSfElla helps us report it.

Above post and user removed. Thanks rECKleSSfElla.

Recently HWZ was hacked and someone using other people password to log in.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which has nothing to do with this. :)

Nobody vets stuff posted on the forums - it's live the minute you submit it. The only way we get to know about something that's not suitable is if moderators chance upon it or someone like rECKleSSfElla helps us report it.

Above post and user removed. Thanks rECKleSSfElla.

Well done.

I did not notice on that thread.

As i did came across that shop before when they were doing 3 hours sales discount of up to 90% on most items.

Only when i wanted to purchase an item and was told it had to pay the subscription as member first via online.

Thereafter then they could sell the item to me which i decided no go.

Hence just one quick look into that thread confirmed it was that shop selling and doing advertisement.

But that advert on Android TV box is not part of the sales at that time.

Regards.

enrisa

Reaction score
I bought a TX9 Pro yesterday from IT fair. It's not tanix but some other name on it. However the box has 'TX9 Pro'

Anyway I'm very new to tv box but have seen how it works and have been tempted to get one. So I bought one yesterday after checking it out. Came home set it up, worked fine.

This morning I got up hoping to watch a movie, but I spent 1.5 hours trying to connect. Because each time it connects, it wld drop off and when I load the apps it says no network connected. So I'm beginning to question if my internet provider (Singtel) is actually blocking this? Any idea?

I also made a mistake of resetting the box hoping I could start again. However doing this also meant I lost the "AppStore" that was already in the box when I plugged in. Does anyone know where I can find this "AppStore"?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.