[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

LUCKYBUYER

Reaction score
PO from SPF does not get pay OT for similar amount of OTs. So how? The more you dig, it became more shifty cause you just open up a can of worms.

POs r Public servants, they're not even covered under the Manpower Act so how is that even a fair comparison?

cz287cj

Reaction score
Take up armed position first. More money. The rest talk to your supervisor when the opportunity comes.

I'm kinda in a dilemma now... i want to be an outrider but also want to be a firearm trained personnel. Currently there is no intake for armed outrider, so i applied for APOe outrider. They r not sure when there is any intake for armed outrider in the near future.

Does anyone knows what are the chances that i can convert to armed APO in the future?
If chances are slim, is it advisable to go cisco instead?

LUCKYBUYER

Reaction score
I'm kinda in a dilemma now... i want to be an outrider but also want to be a firearm trained personnel. Currently there is no intake for armed outrider, so i applied for APOe outrider. They r not sure when there is any intake for armed outrider in the near future.

Does anyone knows what are the chances that i can convert to armed APO in the future?
If chances are slim, is it advisable to go cisco instead?

What r e circumstances that requires an armed outrider? Wld'nt it mean less assignments since most prob customers wun be willing to pay xtra for armed outriders n wld prefer cheaper unarmed outrider?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True but APO is an unique occupation & cannot compare to other occupations in other industries. Even in same Security Industry, APO job scopes are different compare to SO/SSO/SS/SSS/CSO.

POs r Public servants, they're not even covered under the Manpower Act so how is that even a fair comparison?

cz287cj

Reaction score
How unique is it? Peopke only look at it as a higher class security guard.

True but APO is an unique occupation & cannot compare to other occupations in other industries. Even in same Security Industry, APO job scopes are different compare to SO/SSO/SS/SSS/CSO.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Apoe seems to be in more demand than apo.

What r e circumstances that requires an armed outrider? Wld'nt it mean less assignments since most prob customers wun be willing to pay xtra for armed outriders n wld prefer cheaper unarmed outrider?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
APOs are trained & armed to protect themselves or others but SOs do not have it.

APOs like POs have the right to to arrest an individual & held for up to 48 hours unless a court order is obtained to extend the detention period. SOs only have civilian arrest like public & pass arrested individual to SPF upon their arrival.

But it is true that they are treated as higher class security guard in Singapore.

How unique is it? Peopke only look at it as a higher class security guard.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Truth is ppl dun care what kind of training apo goes through or whatever right they have because in the end they are just like any ordinary so standing guard down there.

APOs are trained & armed to protect themselves or others but SOs do not have it.

APOs like POs have the right to to arrest an individual & held for up to 48 hours unless a court order is obtained to extend the detention period. SOs only have civilian arrest like public & pass arrested individual to SPF upon their arrival.

But it is true that they are treated as higher class security guard in Singapore.

matchless7

Reaction score
How does the reporting for APO work? Let's say a Certis APO assigned to woodlands, do they report at paya lebar HQ then from there move out to woodlands? Or do they report directly to the location? Then draw arms and gear collect from where?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know that Certis have a few sites such as taman jurong or maybe they have strong room at client's premises?

You will only know where to report & draw arms when you are assign for deployment even if it is an open secret to those who served.

How does the reporting for APO work? Let's say a Certis APO assigned to woodlands, do they report at paya lebar HQ then from there move out to woodlands? Or do they report directly to the location? Then draw arms and gear collect from where?

LUCKYBUYER

Reaction score
does anyone know what is an avg monthly gross of a typical apo (including allowance, bonus, ot n what not etc) of someone who's fresh out of training school?

cz287cj

Reaction score
The recruiter will see your working experience and qualification and propse a rank and salary for u.

Alliwance and bonus depend on the bu u are deployed to. Total can earn up to 1000++. Biggest component is your ot.

does anyone know what is an avg monthly gross of a typical apo (including allowance, bonus, ot n what not etc) of someone who's fresh out of training school?

matchless7

Reaction score
Do you know that Certis have a few sites such as taman jurong or maybe they have strong room at client's premises?

You will only know where to report & draw arms when you are assign for deployment even if it is an open secret to those who served.

Thanks, i figured they will have deployment sites around the island for people to change into uniform.

matchless7

Reaction score
The recruiter will see your working experience and qualification and propse a rank and salary for u.

Alliwance and bonus depend on the bu u are deployed to. Total can earn up to 1000++. Biggest component is your ot.

Is $2400 basic for a SGT rank correct? Someone from HR quoted me that figure (excludes allowance, NS, etc). I thought basic SGT is closer to $3k?

cz287cj

Reaction score
It depend on your education and working experience. Sgt now can get up to 2900.

Is $2400 basic for a SGT rank correct? Someone from HR quoted me that figure (excludes allowance, NS, etc). I thought basic SGT is closer to $3k?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.