Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
everyone's cold tolerance is different. have u been to cold places? eg. I know my fingers n ears always kena so I make sure to bring hand warmers, gloves, ear muffs/neck warmer.

Been to Korea in Nov 2016

My hands was freaking cold all the time although I was wearing gloves

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Day time seems ok but worried night time dip to 0 degrees

the daily diurnal range of temperature is fairly big normally, especially on days where the skies are clear during daytime

the 3 days which I spent in Kyoto & Nara, generally daytime temperature was very manageable as the sun was out

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everyone's cold tolerance is different. have u been to cold places? eg. I know my fingers n ears always kena so I make sure to bring hand warmers, gloves, ear muffs/neck warmer.

Actually is the wind speed that makes the most difference .
normally u only need a good thermal jacket and long pants unless its snowing .

Its hard to freeze to death with so many vending machines selling hot drinks in japan also.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
My coldest was in Harbin and Uniqlo was good enough

1. 1 heattech tights
2. 1 blocktech warmlined pants (now got sale $29.90)
3. 2 heattech longsleeve tshirt
4. 1 short down jacket
5. 1 mid length down jacket

Because for windchill, so I used those versatile scarf/hat, 3M thinsulate gloves...29rm
VqTXagk.jpg

Pls say no to thermal underwear. :s22:

Before I had my blocktech warmlined pants, I was using my ski pants.

Last edited:

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Speaking about attractions. For example like Robot Restaurant etc. Do we need to book in advance or can just buy at the door?

nemo88

Reaction score
Robot restaurant better check the reviews first before going

Don’t order the meal just go for the show. Really uniquely Japan. And buy tickets online for discount but I think shouldn’t be difficult to get.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Robot restaurant better check the reviews first before going

They say don't order their meals. Just watch the show can already. Can book through klook and use discount code but problem is I can't confirm which day I wanna go yet.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually is the wind speed that makes the most difference .
normally u only need a good thermal jacket and long pants unless its snowing .

Its hard to freeze to death with so many vending machines selling hot drinks in japan also.

I agree.. wind is the killer. not so much the temps

chirurene

Reaction score
Lithium Battery and Power Bank

For JAL, they have listed lithium battery and power bank as prohibited for both carry-on and check-in luggage. May I know how strict is the enforcement?

I have a spare camera battery and a power bank but I will not bring if it will cause problems at the customs :(

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For JAL, they have listed lithium battery and power bank as prohibited for both carry-on and check-in luggage. May I know how strict is the enforcement?

I have a spare camera battery and a power bank but I will not bring if it will cause problems at the customs :(
Thot carry on should be OK.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Going USJ on 3rd April but realised a bit too late to get Express pass on Klook. Anywhere else I can get Express pass? If I get standard pass from Klook n Express pass from another site, does it work?

Rheopaipo

Reaction score
Hi all, i check online for taking shinkansen from tokyo to osaka is around S$700 for 2 adults 2 childrens (1 way), will it be cheaper if i book domestic flight say from haneda to kansai ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.