tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's for my old pc i5-2400
The psu just kaput.

Seasonic S12ii Non Modular 520W 80+ Bronze $82 5yrs
EVGA BV 500W 80+ Bronze $81 3yrs
FSP Hyper K 500W 80+ Bronze $64 5yrs

Or any other better one around these price.

Thanks

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The psu just kaput.

Thanks

AHHHH i brought Superflower today....i should have go for FSP Hyper K 500W :(Same seller..! shopee selling $53.88!!!

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AHHHH i brought Superflower today....i should have go for FSP Hyper K 500W :(Same seller..! shopee selling $53.88!!!
Never look at FSP Hyper K for someone who chosen Superflower Leadex Gold psu. Superflower is like the Mercedes of PSU while FSP Hyper K series is like a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX in comparison.

The psu just kaput.

Thanks
Any of which is fine, see how much you want a clean looking rig. While all are non-modular PSU, EVGA BV-series is all black cables, where as Seasonic and FSP have colourful ketchup-mustard cables. Quality wise all about the same tbh. Also, you can try to choose see which distributor is nearer to you for ease of warranty.

Seasonic by Corbell (AMK)
FSP and EVGA by Tech Dynamic (Chai Chee Lane)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget below 100? Better ones still need more than 100 but then again needs to see your usage(heavy or light, long or short).

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never look at FSP Hyper K for someone who chosen Superflower Leadex Gold psu. Superflower is like the Mercedes of PSU while FSP Hyper K series is like a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX in comparison.

Any of which is fine, see how much you want a clean looking rig. While all are non-modular PSU, EVGA BV-series is all black cables, where as Seasonic and FSP have colourful ketchup-mustard cables. Quality wise all about the same tbh. Also, you can try to choose see which distributor is nearer to you for ease of warranty.

The old pc was using FSP 500W Aurum Gold bought in 2011 :s13:

Most probably will get Seasonic, 5ys warranty and near my place :s13:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seems like seasonic has this clicking sound problem. Damn.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
i was like you, deciding betwen psu. went for FSP Hyper K 500W. btw it's 80+ White not 80+ Bronze, but depending on your usage, if light work/web surfing/streaming, <500W also can liao. warranty all 5 years. avoid Seasonic because of the same clicking video you saw.

if you do a search, a lot of forummers recommend FSP Hyper K 500W. if you particular about the pure black cables, can go EVGA, if not i think Hyper K will be more than enough :)

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was like you, deciding betwen psu. went for FSP Hyper K 500W. btw it's 80+ White not 80+ Bronze, but depending on your usage, if light work/web surfing/streaming, <500W also can liao. warranty all 5 years. avoid Seasonic because of the same clicking video you saw.

if you do a search, a lot of forummers recommend FSP Hyper K 500W. if you particular about the pure black cables, can go EVGA, if not i think Hyper K will be more than enough :)

The new psu is for
old pc i5-2400
8gb ram
1gb hdd
Sapphire HD7850
mostly for gaming like BF4 and youtube.

Due to seasonic ticking noise problem, looks like EVGA is a better choice.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new psu is for
old pc i5-2400
8gb ram
1gb hdd
Sapphire HD7850
mostly for gaming like BF4 and youtube.

Due to seasonic ticking noise problem, looks like EVGA is a better choice.

For your gaming usage best have at least bronze 80+ for better efficiency.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The old pc was using FSP 500W Aurum Gold bought in 2011 :s13:

Most probably will get Seasonic, 5ys warranty and near my place :s13:
Aurum is better series and it's 80+ Gold rating. Seasonic s12ii isn't a very good series tbh but it's energy efficiency is not bad. Quality of build is a gamble (refer the YouTube video you posted)

For me, it's EVGA. They source their psu pretty good, like how their G2 and G3 series are made by Superflower, with the same components as their leading Leadex series.

Anyway, your psu you can invest more. Your rig is aging. If anything kaput, at least you can move your psu to a next build. Think about it.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, how can one video determine all the Seasonic PSU got clicking sound :s11::s11:

so far we haven got complains on this anyway.
moreover, we never bring in the S12ii-430 before

Do a search on youtube for 'seasonic psu clicking noise' to see more.
No complains doesn't mean the problem does not exist.

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
Do a search on youtube for 'seasonic psu clicking noise' to see more.
No complains doesn't mean the problem does not exist.

I did a search for PSU clicking sound and all the different brands came up, including EVGA
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/394277-clicking-noise-from-psu/

I mean even if there are a few cases of clicking sound, there is no basis to condemn the brand or even the series, cos apart from the few cases, there are also tens of thousands working fine.

I respect your decision on whatever brand you choose to buy but to make sweeping statements based on one or a few cases is not fair to the brand.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.