[NEWS] Singtel to shut down ageing ADSL network in April 2018

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The land line can be ported over to the digital line while retaining the same number, this is only doable if the subscriber for the phone line is the same as the fibre account..

Nowadays analogue line is no longer as popular as digital line due to its 0 cost and no subscription fee

Just migrated over to singtel fibre from adsl. They gave another home line via the fibre router box. If the broadband and fixed line is paid by different person in the household, will the land line number will get waiver for the quarterly fee?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

suuhhc

Reaction score
just leceh nid bring my dad to Hello Shop to process the transfer of home line ownership, can't do it off-site.

I managed to transfer home line ownership from my dad to me over the phone 2 days ago, I'm also keeping the analogue phone line. The cso just need to talk with my dad to verify, no need go to physical shop. Sometime the cso is just not well-informed. Like mine, she claimed that the quarterly subscription can't be waived off but I insist her to double check, she did it TWICE cos the 1st time still reply back can't waive & finally the 2nd time she checked with her department head then apologize for her mistake.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received a reminder letter to do migration before 9th april deadline... tis time the attached faq is longer than the previous one...

8. What will happen to my existing Singnet email account?

all the while has been free, now they let u opt in "free" for 12 mths...

nvr say how much they gonna charge later....
:vijayadmin:

HB9EBJ8.jpg

however, their website faq

https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/...ervice_FAQ.pdf

states that it'll be retained, nvr talk abt opt in or wat...
I hope I will receive this letter..

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u nid a copy of the reminder letter? i can screenshot for u...

just too much tat email acc oso nid pay after 12 mths... my singnet email has been in use for over 14 years free lor...

now switch fibre nid pay more + usage of singnet email
Yeah, I think I need a copy to see what they mention in the letter, thanks! :s12:

Though I think it may differ a little from my case, because your's is ADSL broadband only but mine is mio Home ADSL bundle. :o

suuhhc

Reaction score
Hi CareBears, we would like to share that the Singnet email will be chargeable after the free 12 months. This is due to the current Singnet email servers reaching it's end of life and the cost of replacement are high. Hope this clarifies. - Zack

Didn't know the email will be chargeable after 12 mths. If Gmail, Yahoo can offer worldwide free email accounts, wonder why Singtel can't maintain some local accounts and somemore we're still paying for the internet subscription :(

For those who switch to fiber 12 mths ago, can share the fee after 12 mth & is it easy to opt out after that?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My ADSL internet keep on dc-ing today, have to rely on my mobile data most of the time.. :s22:

Think it's a sign that it will be closing down real soon (in a month's time).. :o

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi CareBears, we would like to share that the Singnet email will be chargeable after the free 12 months. This is due to the current Singnet email servers reaching it's end of life and the cost of replacement are high. Hope this clarifies. - Zack

Checked my current ST fibre plan contract (pdf), did not see the above clause.

Will just cancel/remove the email sub if ST is going to charge me.

RKSXkX5.jpg

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had an online chat conversation at singtel.com just now, the Singtel CSO say my ADSL is not affected by the few batches that ADSL will be closing this April.. :o

Don't know true or not, but they also arranging the Sales department to contact me in 3 - 5 working days about the migration.

TheHeist

Reaction score
My TP is in living room and I need the internet service in the bedroom.
If i received ONR (ONT+router in one), does it mean I need to do trunking for a very long optical cable to connect TP (in living room) to ONR (in bedroom)?

Or is it better choice to do trunking for Ethernet cable? In this case need to request for ONT and router as separate devices, so that ONT is near TP and router is in bedroom?

Any advice? Thank you.

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone moved from ADSL to fibre, but choose to retain your analogue home line instead of switching to digital home line?

Do you have to pay the $30 fee every 3 months?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my cousin did.... waiver of $30 for quarterly subscription, outgoing usage chargeable... i'm waiting for IT show to migrate....
Good to know don't need to pay $30 quarterly fee, because I ask one Singtel CSO she say need pay but I ask another CSO he say it's waived off. :o

I'm also waiting for IT Show to see if got any last promo before ADSL closes, hopefully will have some extra incentives. :s13:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For pt 3, does tat mean there isn't a need to transfer of ownership for home analogue line if my adsl plan is under my name but home line isn't when migrating to fibre?

Would say this is based on the SAME Address for both services.

oliverlim

Reaction score
I am one of the guys affected as well. I was on miotv under adsl just for Mio TV. I have been with viewqwest for years. Now I have a problem, My fibre point is at my raiser. The Miotv box is in my living and is currently conneted via a ADSL modem to the phone line there. There is a ethernet port there where a ethernet switch is located to connect some of my device like Hifi box and printer and TV to the raiser where the viewqwest router/modem seat.

So I understand that the new Fibre MioTV will have a modem which will use port 2 from the ONT at my raiser. Then I will need a ethernet cable direct to the MioTV box at the living room. I do not want to run any surface trunking as it is going to be ugly. What are my options? I understand that I can put a smart managed switch at both the living room and raiser and connect both the Viewqest router and the new Singtel router ONR to the switch and it would work?

Really confused right now.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either you terminate singtel tv, or you accept their proposal to run over fibre.

Both networks cannot be sharing the same smart switch, and there is no technical basis to do so. Since singtel tv is running by onr, the set top box goes straight to onr and there’s no way you can combine 2 different networks into one smart switch..

I am one of the guys affected as well. I was on miotv under adsl just for Mio TV. I have been with viewqwest for years. Now I have a problem, My fibre point is at my raiser. The Miotv box is in my living and is currently conneted via a ADSL modem to the phone line there. There is a ethernet port there where a ethernet switch is located to connect some of my device like Hifi box and printer and TV to the raiser where the viewqwest router/modem seat.

So I understand that the new Fibre MioTV will have a modem which will use port 2 from the ONT at my raiser. Then I will need a ethernet cable direct to the MioTV box at the living room. I do not want to run any surface trunking as it is going to be ugly. What are my options? I understand that I can put a smart managed switch at both the living room and raiser and connect both the Viewqest router and the new Singtel router ONR to the switch and it would work?

Really confused right now.

sp0inK

Reaction score
Hi guys due to delay in setting up fibre network at my home, I won't be able to access fibre network until 1-2months from now. I will need to source for temporarily Internet until then.

Was thinking about starhub cable broadband 100mbps 19.90 no contract. Any alternatives or is this the best solution for now?

suuhhc

Reaction score
For pt 3, does tat mean there isn't a need to transfer of ownership for home analogue line if my adsl plan is under my name but home line isn't when migrating to fibre?
I'm asked to transfer home line from my dad to me by cso although am keeping the analogue line. Her reason is easier to group everything under me & since I can do it over the phone, I just do it.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys due to delay in setting up fibre network at my home, I won't be able to access fibre network until 1-2months from now. I will need to source for temporarily Internet until then.

Was thinking about starhub cable broadband 100mbps 19.90 no contract. Any alternatives or is this the best solution for now?
StarHub cable is good for temporary internet, plug and play and fuss free

suuhhc

Reaction score

Are u with adsl now? I think you should still be able to continue using adsl until the date of successful fibre installation if you've already sign up Singtel fibre plan.
refer to this post (Q3 ans)

Better check with Singtel before u sign up starhub.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.