NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
For those of us heading for NS with a reserved place in NUS / NTU / SMU, is there a way to be able to check the continued existence of this reserved place during the course of next two years?

Admittedly, this could be viewed as borderline paranoid (schizophrenia ???), but, nevertheless an anticipated comfort for NSF to have access to this reassurance. After all, we do not have many things that are kept / 'reserved' for us for two years.

Any advice from dear Seniors, please?

Amituofo

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
For those of us heading for NS with a reserved place in NUS / NTU / SMU, is there a way to be able to check the continued existence of this reserved place during the course of next two years?

Admittedly, this could be viewed as borderline paranoid (schizophrenia ???), but, nevertheless an anticipated comfort for NSF to have access to this reassurance. After all, we do not have many things that are kept / 'reserved' for us for two years.

Amituofo

You keep your hardcopy offer letter safely to comfort yourself ba.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Amituofo

Slight schizophrenia. In any case, for NUS I was able to login till today even though I was accepted a year ago.

denaration

Reaction score
Physics: D
Econs: C
Math:C
Geog: C
GP:C

Will I be able to get into SUSS biz or SMU social science or any of NTU’s engineering courses?

Vestigestorm

Reaction score
since some are receiving their NUS/NTU offers, let me share how their admission system work..

I was accepted by NUS and NTU last year so these are my observations. If things has changed or I'm wrong, don't hammer me :(

When your NUS applications status changes to "YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN PROCESSED", you should be able to login to the JAP portal after an hour and see your NUS offer there. But if you cannot login after a long long time, it's most likely you're rejected by NUS. Nevertheless, after 12 midnight, you will definitely be able to see the acceptance/rejection letters in NUS's portal. Those who are accepted should receive a SMS from NUS the next day too. My friend who was rejected (and ended in SIM :() told me he also received a snail mail from NUS to say sorry for the rejection.(Not sure if it's true) For second year NSF like me, you will receive another snail mail letter during September to ask you to reconfirm your choice.

For NTU, it's simpler. The moment you are accepted/rejected, you will receive an email from them to inform you that there's has been a change in your application status and from that instance you can login into NTU's portal to see the letter.

NUS and NTU usually reject applicants in batches from late April onwards. Usually few dozens, or maybe hundreds will be slaughtered together. It is usually very messy. You can see the HWZ thread where several applicants with low GPAs jumping for joy and excitement that their NUS status changed to processed but after 12 midnight you don't see them anymore. Lol :( So if your friend with GPA 2.5 and you with GPA 3.2 have the NUS portal changed to processed together and can't login to JAP, it's probably you are given the privilege of being rejected together. Yay!!

Then they're these rare breeds who receives no news from NUS or NTU after the first window (24 May this year), it could be good news! You're probably placed in a waiting list. Those who did not take up the offer, you maybe up next for the spot and may receive an offer in the second acceptance window.

And yes! You can accept NUS or NTU first and if you are offered in the second window, your choice in the second window will supercede the choice in the first window!

Uni application is a fun and exciting process and I wish everyone the best of luck!

To those who are patiently waiting I would like to say don’t lose hope just because you never hear from back a long time and are on the waiting list because I know quite a few friends giving up their slots in NUS/NTU/SMU for this year admissions (But they are still
Holding On while waiting for their other Overseas Uni applications). So if I know a few I am pretty sure quite a Number has no intentions of taking it up as the guys have 2 years to choose which uni they want while taking up the offer(hence reserving their slot).

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys

One thing

Don't worry about your English o level result

I got a C6 for English O level but still accepted by NUS business

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Slight schizophrenia. In any case, for NUS I was able to login till today even though I was accepted a year ago.

Would you be slightly schizophrenic, if you are unable to login ... ?

This is from the NUS enrolment page for Returning NSmen matriculating 2019: "RNSmen who are due to enroll in the University in 2019 or thereafter will only receive the NUS Application Number and PIN letters from the University in October 2018 or later."

If you are able to login, then why the need to send you "NUS Application Number and PIN" again ?

Amituofo

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would you be slightly schizophrenic, if you are unable to login ... ?

This is from the NUS enrolment page for Returning NSmen matriculating 2019: "RNSmen who are due to enroll in the University in 2019 or thereafter will only receive the NUS Application Number and PIN letters from the University in October 2018 or later."

If you are able to login, then why the need to send you "NUS Application Number and PIN" again ?

Amituofo

As mentioned near that period your pin will resent to you as NSF needs to reconfirm their choices again in the RNS portal. Why they resent presumably is because most applicants will not bother logging in repeatedly and probably forgotten their pins.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
As mentioned near that period your pin will resent to you as NSF needs to reconfirm their choices again in the RNS portal. Why they resent presumably is because most applicants will not bother logging in repeatedly and probably forgotten their pins.

Ah. Logical. However, your presumption may be flawed; unless kiasuism died recently in our little red dot.
Great to know that you are also NUS.

Amituofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.