Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Very competitive

Suddenly M1 launches the free additional data for "Switch to M1" promotion.

- SIM-Only can get 2GB/mth extra data for 12 months contract (all plans except mySIM 3 98).

- Handset contract can get either 2GB/mth extra for 12 months (all plans including Lite/i-Lite except mySIM E 118) OR $100-150 handset subsidy (Lite+/i-Lite+/mySIM E 40 and above only) when switching over.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seem like the clear voice aka VOLTE didn't come on default for the ST sim only plan...have to call Singtel then only they activate it...~

townman

Reaction score
same, i am curious too! 2 of my family member have the $19/m but since they are on singtel prepaid, having to change a number number after entering Zero1 is whats holding them back.
it says 4g speed at 3gb and after that the litmited speed can surf youtube/instagram/facebook and whatsapp which seems decent.

They sent me the signup link yesterday, however I on hold first until they answer few questions I email them yesterday on roaming service (when will release), actual data speed after use up the 3GB on 4G, is it drop to H, 3G or lower to EDGE, allow tethering or not?

Another thing that put me off is how are they going to notify the user when facing network issue or disruption, can't find their Twitter or Facebook page, no hotline only email address.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Starhub is ok so far, under contract, I want to switch to zero1 $19 plan.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

toffeelatte

Reaction score
Suddenly M1 launches the free additional data for "Switch to M1" promotion.

- SIM-Only can get 2GB/mth extra data for 12 months contract (all plans except mySIM 3 98).

- Handset contract can get either 2GB/mth extra for 12 months (all plans including Lite/i-Lite except mySIM E 118) OR $100-150 handset subsidy (Lite+/i-Lite+/mySIM E 40 and above only) when switching over.

Where can I see this please?

toffeelatte

Reaction score
They sent me the signup link yesterday, however I on hold first until they answer few questions I email them yesterday on roaming service (when will release), actual data speed after use up the 3GB on 4G, is it drop to H, 3G or lower to EDGE, allow tethering or not?

Another thing that put me off is how are they going to notify the user when facing network issue or disruption, can't find their Twitter or Facebook page, no hotline only email address.

I hope they answer on that! I would like to know too.

Downloader

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the S9+ 256GB.

Can anyone advise if it's cheaper and better to get a contract plan with S9+ or go sim-only with S9+ from retail?

So many different plans and VASes, contract vs sim-only, it's getting too big for my brain to process. :s22:

I'm on Starhub 4G corporate plan with expired contract so no more 10% discount and free Caller ID so it makes sense to either recontract or go sim-only.

I have option to recontract with Starhub or port over to Singtel or M1 corporate plan all with only 10% discount for mid to low plan and free Caller ID (possibly cos didn't update myself yet) or port over to sim-only plan of any telco.

Outgoing calls usually don't exceed 150min.

Data usage wise, I try to minimize downloading or youtubing so have never exceeded 4GB but it will be nice if I have more free play.

I have Zero1 $19/mth option offer but unsure if the managed network speed would support my usage of Android Auto which uses Google App/Google Assistant, Google Maps, Waze, occasional Spotify, GrabHitch and Uber Commute app.

TIA

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to lock into sg network for M1? Sometime my phone will connect to indonesia network after i take the lift up to my office.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to lock into sg network for M1? Sometime my phone will connect to indonesia network after i take the lift up to my office.

- Phone settings: Manually set to SGP-M1
- Disable roaming on MyM1 app (Postpaid Mobile) / M Card Prepaid App (Prepaid Mobile)

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can anyone advise if it's cheaper and better to get a contract plan with S9+ or go sim-only with S9+ from retail?

So many different plans and VASes, contract vs sim-only, it's getting too big for my brain to process. :s22:

I'm on Starhub 4G corporate plan with expired contract so no more 10% discount and free Caller ID so it makes sense to either recontract or go sim-only.

I have option to recontract with Starhub or port over to Singtel or M1 corporate plan all with only 10% discount for mid to low plan and free Caller ID (possibly cos didn't update myself yet) or port over to sim-only plan of any telco.

Data usage wise, I try to minimize downloading or youtubing so have never exceeded 4GB but it will be nice if I have more free play.

I have Zero1 $19/mth option offer but unsure if the managed network speed would support my usage of Android Auto which uses Google App/Google Assistant, Google Maps, Waze, occasional Spotify, GrabHitch and Uber Commute app.

TIA

Port over to M1 have up to $200 port in discounts for Corporate Individual scheme.

Downloader

Reaction score
Port over to M1 have up to $200 port in discounts for Corporate Individual scheme.

Thanks. However, I don't qualify for CIS, only corporate and thus only 10% discount on monthly recurring. But aside from that, I think Singtel also offer me port over discount $150 OFF selected handsets for port-in on Combo 2 and Combo 3 plans $200 OFF selected handsets for port-in on Combo 6 and Combo 12 plans so I guess M1 has it too. I think I need to crunch some numbers.

toffeelatte

Reaction score

TIA
Where to get the 19$ option? Does it include cid?

yotoden

Reaction score
m1 in some shopping centres during weekend really cmi.

especially at ION near imperiel treasure, fu bar signal but data wont move. happened to Nex before also Changi during xmas 2017.

wwp also, just near to m1 shop, haha...

all were during weekend lah... normal non peak i am not sure.

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry pal, NO!

m1 in some shopping centres during weekend really cmi.

especially at ION near imperiel treasure, fu bar signal but data wont move. happened to Nex before also Changi during xmas 2017.

wwp also, just near to m1 shop, haha...

all were during weekend lah... normal non peak i am not sure.

M1 so jialat ah?

still thinking of switch from Red to Orange camp becos of the 7GB for $20... :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.