Best Acne and Acne Scars treatment anyone?

TinyPocoyo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far most of the laser technology for scar is pretty effective but the problem is new acne keep popping up! :(

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far most of the laser technology for scar is pretty effective but the problem is new acne keep popping up! :(

Settle & resolve the acne issue before scar revision.
retin A or accutane (if yours is serious)

:o:o

ppancke

Reaction score
I highly recommend Radium for acne scar revision. Very ethical doctor.

Used to have very bad pockmark all over my face. Initially i visited Mizu (previously they were known as Simplistiq). Young doctor and he seems to be well-versed only in handling the machines rather than having real knowledge on the treatment of different skin conditions/types of acne scars.

Went for about 6 sessions of the venus viva which he recommended. No difference at all. Complete waste of money. His assistants were also always trying to get me to do more stuffs for pigmentation or wrinkles. It can get quite annoying.

Subsequently with my own research, I decided to try out subcision as I have seen others with great results. Went to another clinic around Raffles Place. Clinic is called Clifford Aesthetics - doctor is Dr Gerard Ee. Big fancy clinic in a prime location with huge manpower. Obviously you pay for his overheads rather than actual skill. Went to him to do subcision. He ended up using the consultation time trying to get me to do this expensive Infini treatment which he claims is very effective for my scars. He showed me all the before and after pictures of his patient to convince me of its effectiveness. He then proceeded to diminish the effectiveness of subcision by saying it is very traumatizing to the skin,etc. Told me to sign up for a package or do a la carte treatment at $2800+ per session. TBH, he managed to convince me to try out the machine once.

I paid and 1 month after doing the treatment, I went back for my post-treatment review. There was deepening of certain scars on my face and once of the larger pores became a pockmark. Instead of addressing this, he just skipped reviewing the areas which was further damaged.

After experiencing all the money-grubbers, I went to Radium which was located at the same building as my office. I went in, straight away asked Dr Siew to do subcision. He carefully reviewed my scars and told me that subcision is very suitable for me as I have rolling scars. He also mentioned the reason why all the other expensive treatments previously didnt work was because they weren't meant to treat rolling scars!! That's why no matter how many times I did, there were no results. This is what I call professional expertise! Able to review the condition and apply the correct treatment accordingly.

I went ahead with the subcision and during the process I asked him how many times should I return back for this treatment. Guess what he said? Once is enough. He will do the whole face and cover all areas completely. He could have done partially and request me to come back again so that he could earn the treatment fees twice. But no, he was honest enough to tell me I only need to do once.

6 months later (after all the micro-swelling has completely gone away), Im left with skin I'm seriously happy with. It's not 100% perfect but I can go under flourescent lighting and sunlight without having a moon-face. I can take pictures and look good in them. It's a great boost of confidence.

And how much did this ethical and effective doctor charged me for making a life-transforming change to my skin? $500 max inclusive gst .

Wow, sounds great. How long did the entire recovery process take? I dont have major scarring, just some hyper pigmentation and enlarged pores. So would like to fix those... I'm surprised by what was mentioned of clifford clinic since the reviews I read online were mainly positive..

basketboy

Reaction score
I got quoted $1000-1600 for each fractional laser. I would not recommend National Skin Centre at all! The atmosphere is dreadful, unappealing and lingering hospital smell and lacklustre doctors. The prices aren't cheap either. Used to make visit to NSC as a teen. The charges for the medical director range from $80-120. Its the worst!!!

I am currently seeing Dr Ewen Chee at The Chelsea Clinic for my active adult acne. I have done Carbon Peel Laser and Sylfirm (radio frequency). Results are pretty good so far with pores unclogged and all. Damage is $1800 for 6 sessions with consultation thrown in. Although its more expensive than PPP, I was told that the machine used is different and of "higher quality".

The clinic at Wheelock feels very welcoming and cozy. Service is great. My only complaint is the waiting timing. Once I had to wait 40 mins before treatment on a busy Thursday because of the over flowing patients! But perhaps thats a good sign that doc is the real deal haha.

Cant wait for the acne to cleared up. Will do Picosure laser which I am told is really effective for scars after that!

basketboy

Reaction score
Wow, sounds great. How long did the entire recovery process take? I dont have major scarring, just some hyper pigmentation and enlarged pores. So would like to fix those... I'm surprised by what was mentioned of clifford clinic since the reviews I read online were mainly positive..

Clifford clinic spends a lot on their marketing and blogger endorsements. Im not surprised about the tactics they resort to for sales. Gotta hustle to pay that monthly 30-40k marketing expense somehow.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
will face become smooth like baby after laser ?

Aliu_sing

Reaction score
I am going in Sept, haven't been there. First-time consultation is $50. Yes, according to Clifford, 1 INFINI = 5 CO2 Fractional. I have enquired about the pricing at Tiffiny:

1) Acne scar package: 2 FCO2, 3 INFINI and 2 TCA for SGD 3650 before GST.
2) Fractional CO2 laser alone is SGD 2000 for 5 sessions
3) These are the after-care products that you will need after you've done the FCO2 / Infini Treatment.
1.) Foban Cream (Antibiotics Cream) : $12
2.) Quick Recovery Cream : $35
3.) Tiffiny Yang's Gentle Cleanser: $48
4.) Tiffiny Yang's Gentle Moisturizer : $32
5.) Sunblock : $40

Additionally for DRx, the package price for acne laser scar package is $3000 before GST for 5 sessions. (I believe is CO2 Fractional).

Hope this helps.

Hello, I am in the midst of deciding which clinic to go for treatment. How was your experience at Tiffanys'?

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
what are the recommended treatment for pithole scars?

few years back, i tried Fractional CO2, chemical peels, dermaroll.
dont seem to do any miracle

basketboy

Reaction score
If its helps anyone, I came across Eileen Tan while doing my research. She seems to be the only person who can do skin grafting for acne scars. Anyone has any experience with punch replacement graft? Her consultation starts from $200, so I haven't visited her yet. :s13:

u can just google her. Mount E clinic

Right now am just satisfied with my carbon peel laser with Dr Ewen Chee from wheelock's Chelsea clinic. Active acne controlled!

dudedudette

Reaction score
ahwei91 wrote:
sometimes must learn how to see whether a post is a genuine post or just an advertisement in disguise....
So true... like this one:

Replies: 5,680
Thinning Hair problem
Views: 1,756,995
Posted By JennyWoo
Can consider the Hair Restoration Program by...

Can consider the Hair Restoration Program by Radium Medical. I tried the program and I am surprised that I saw hair regrowth after about 5 sessions of laser and PDRN treatment.

Male Pattern Hair Loss Success Story
Views: 19,299
Posted By JennyWoo
My husband's hairline is also receding. The trick...

My husband's hairline is also receding. The trick is to address the issue early and not wait until its in its advanced stage. Because by then, it will be very difficult to regrow your hair.

I...
Forum: Fashion & Grooming 22-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Replies: 605
Views: 246,400
Posted By JennyWoo
I recommend you try Dr. Siew.. He opened his own...

I recommend you try Dr. Siew.. He opened his own clinic about 1 year plus ago... its at Suntec City.. Called Radium Medical Aesthetics.
Forum: Fashion & Grooming 22-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Replies: 605
Views: 246,400
Posted By JennyWoo
Such a coincidence!! I go to Radium too.. Their...

Such a coincidence!! I go to Radium too.. Their acne treatments are very effective although its not very cheap. Otherwise, can get their in-house products too. I am using their to-the-rescue gel!
Forum: Wedding Bells 16-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Replies: 1,841
anyone regretted marry your wife?
Views: 385,255
Posted By JennyWoo
I DO (regret)....

I DO (regret)....
Forum: Pets Inner Circle 16-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Replies: 532
Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore
Views: 298,465
Posted By JennyWoo
I feed my pets Wellness brand for almost all...

I feed my pets Wellness brand for almost all their lives... They love it and they are very healthy!
Forum: Health & Fitness Corner 16-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Replies: 5,680
Thinning Hair problem
Views: 1,756,995
Posted By JennyWoo
Hey! Small world! I am also go to Radium. Dr....

Hey! Small world! I am also go to Radium. Dr. Siew is such a nice and patient doctor! I go there for my diffused hair loss problem too.. I finished the Hair Restoration Program last week and I just...
Forum: Fashion & Grooming 19-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Replies: 0
Anyone tried this Pre-Wedding Beauty Makeover Program?
Views: 272
Posted By JennyWoo
Anyone tried this Pre-Wedding Beauty Makeover Program?

Hi everyone,

I want to check if anyone has experience in going to Radium Medical Aesthetics for their pre-wedding programs. Seems like they have quite a few programs to suit different people.

dudedudette

Reaction score
ahwei91 wrote:
sometimes must learn how to see whether a post is a genuine post or just an advertisement in disguise....

And this is Beru Ong, talking to himself AKA JennyWoo. Please don't insult our intelligence thanks.

Quote:
I think above should be sufficient already. Unless you are saying you have very serious aging skin problem, then maybe can go for aesthetics. There are quite a few range which I think you need to check with the doctor or maybe go to the website to research first.

The one that i think is very good is this one.

Quote:
Hmm..for myself, i went for facial at least once a month! That is because i put on make up to work..so need a deep cleanse for my face.
For guys, i think maybe once every 2 mths will do?

Can also buy those off shelve mask to do at home

If interested, cantry this clinic Radium Medical Aesthetics @suntec. You can google and see which facial you like.

The one i loves most is ... URL

Quote:
If the condition is super serious, then go for professional treatment. I find it ex but effective! Go for it to "cure' it and then maintain it yourself (using above tips) =D

The one i went is at Suntec - Radium Medical Aesthetics

But what's underhanded is that they don't just advertise their services, they take the chance to discredit other clinics... TSK TSK ... Did you really do botox at MIZU? How about posting the receipt...

Quote:
i did botox at Mizu, they were advertising on FB at 599 if i remember correctly. Anyway, they told me differing amounts when I asked how many units were injected. Also said they'd call me to follow up, never happened of course.

They claim 30units each side, but effects lasted only 5mths max!!

Quote:
I think you can go to website and check out the prices first. Any doubts can call the clinic to clarify. Only when u are comfortable with the pricing and treatment, then you can make appointment with them.

The one i went is at Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. Location is convenience, doctor and nurses are friendly. I prefer to go for their program package as it is much more cost savings =D

such a coincidence you and your good friend Jenny Woo also go to Radium!!!! One post after another... so qiao

Quote:
Beru Ong wrote:
for minor case - i will normally use oxy10.
But for severe case, you can go to Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec! The treatment is very good and after that - i will go for their facial once a month!
The doctor name is Dr Siew Tuck Wah. U can google!
Such a coincidence!! I go to Radium too.. Their acne treatments are very effective although its not very cheap. Otherwise, can get their in-house products too. I am using their to-the-rescue
Even link back to the clinic webpage... wow thanks for making it convenient for us to book an appointment...
Quote:
U can try the clinic at Suntec - Radium Medical. There is one treatment is quite good - heard from my cousin. Anyway, I think they have a few types there..Maybe u need to talk to the doctor before u decide to proceed.

The one that my cousin tried is this- URL

Glad that some people have gotten sick of these fake posts... there should be a law against this, just like the law against fake news.

Quote:
imdrich

One thing for sure. I'll definitely AVOID going to this Radium Medical. Look at the way they false advertise on everyone's thread.
Quote:
binbinpon

Are we done with clones from clinics advertising for themselves?
Look at the previous posts from these clones... talking about the same fellow and the clinic. Do facial, do hair in this clinic etc.

This is a health and fitness forum. Not a beauty forum.

Really: is Dr Siew friendly and easy to talk to? Are you Dr Siew by the way? Do you enjoy talking to yourself? Because you certainly like talking to Dr Jenny Woo and Dr Beru Ong... or do you get other people to do your dirty work aka fake posts for you?

Quote:
Yes!! I love the treatment =D Dr Siew is also very friendly and easy to talk to..thats why i also continue haha!

Quote:
Hey! Small world! I am also go to Radium. Dr. Siew is such a nice and patient doctor! I go there for my diffused hair loss problem too.. I finished the Hair Restoration Program last week and I just renewed. Results are AMAZING. I have never experience any real hair growth with any treatment before.
Quote:
try to wash your face twice a day. then put some pimple cream.
i tried the aloe vera and is not bad.

--radium-aesthetics.com/xxxyouthful-eyes-agnes-treatment/

Quote:
Can read up Radium Blog to decide which one best suits you.
--> radium-aesthetics.com/best-medi-facials-skin-type/

I do have oily skin and I like to do their rescue plus facial!
--> radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/radium-rescue-plus/

=D

Quote:
Guys also can facial! Can do some reading to understand our skin better =D
//radium-aesthetics.com/best-medi-facials-skin-type/

Quote:
You can look for Dr Siew Tuck Wah at Radium Medical Aesthetics @ Suntec!!

This treatment is SUPER GOOD!! Incredible =D

Go to their website to have a better understanding!

- radium-aesthetics.com/xxxtreatment/laser-wart-oil-seed-skin-tag-removal

Which friend? Dr Jenny Woo?

Quote:
Maybe u can try Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. My friend tried this over there!

- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/led-red-hair-therapy
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/lasemd-hair-loss-treatment-laser

Quote:
You can try Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. There are many facial treatments to choose from! Love it!
Below are some of the facials I like over there =D You may visit their website to choose

- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/hydrapeel
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/radium-rescue-me
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/quick-revive

basketboy

Reaction score
But to be fair, radium has a lot of video coverage on youtube and seems to be one of the in clinics now...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.