Is it abnormal to go karaoke to sing alone?

WannaBee89

Master Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to go karaoke - never go before. But I have no friends to go with. Thinking of going alone. Is it okay?

Do the shops allow people to go alone?

Imamage

Reaction score
I do that also, now i join meetup grp go karaoke with random ppl, about $10 for few hours.

U can dl meetup app, location teo heng rendevous outlet.

CptCaveman

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing wrong in going alone. KTV will still welcome you with open arms as long as you pay.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I juz buy those karaoke microphone from remax and cast utube

annie123

Reaction score
quite boring to sing in a room alone...might as well on youtube and sing at home...

Sushilicious

Reaction score
I always wanted to go karaoke - never go before. But I have no friends to go with. Thinking of going alone. Is it okay?

Ok ah, and of course shops allow you to go alone ... where got karaoke shops will deny your biz just because you go alone ? haha actually this is very common in taiwan and japan especially ... japan have those like karaoke box for one person only so yeah ... maybe in singapore you will be deem as abnormal for going alone but who cares ? just do what u want ... worse case u can say white lies that your fren is joining you later :D

rinsu10

Reaction score
Of course can la. i see some people going alone too.

Recently there are Pop Up Karaoke in shopping malls (saw it at Suntec). You can try it if you just feel like seeing a few songs.

Have Fun!

ttys91

Reaction score
Frequently see people in the room alone.

Some look like they very serious to train their vocals.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Just go alone. Think party world need 2pax price so hv to pay twice ? But the last x kbox? Now change to jap name allow leh. Once I sing n the pax like forget to change the sys I sing extra 1-2 hrs alone lol
But off peak or weekday ba. Else ppl do biz ma

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ok ah, and of course shops allow you to go alone ... where got karaoke shops will deny your biz just because you go alone ? haha actually this is very common in taiwan and japan especially ... japan have those like karaoke box for one person only so yeah ... maybe in singapore you will be deem as abnormal for going alone but who cares ? just do what u want ... worse case u can say white lies that your fren is joining you :(later :D

I just saw 1 at Kallang wave. Open n inside smell a bit.

megatron678

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll let you, business is business

Why not? A lot of people go watch movie alone also, I think it's quite cool if you go by yourself

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.