Internet fibre broadband what to get

diegomagnum

Reaction score
Hi i am going to sign up for internet this coming IT show. May i know which fibre broadband is a better deal ?

I having resale flat which doesn't comes with TP installation and will like to have good internet coverage. Occasionally playing some PC games and PS4.

Please recommend, thanks.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It depend what u need like fibre Tv. If you want fibre Tv then go for Starhub hubbing.

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only m1 and whizzcom gives better deals. The rest u can work out the maths.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got write down all the current deals now. Come Thursday morning, compare the promotions. Then decide for yourself.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got write down all the current deals now. Come Thursday morning, compare the promotions. Then decide for yourself.
Actually most of the time the deals are same same. They usually repeat their promotion. It also depends on his need like fibre Tv or Starhub Tv Go etc.

ITNovice

Reaction score
Actually most of the time the deals are same same. They usually repeat their promotion. It also depends on his need like fibre Tv or Starhub Tv Go etc.

Hi all gurus:

My 15mb singtel ADSL expires in early april.

Starhub offers a cable broadband 200mbps $22.90

Starhub HOmehub has fibre broadband 0.5G onwards.

Can someone explains the difference? Is it always must have fibre? I have family of 4 who use phone and laptop.

And 300mbps fibre for family of 4 for phone and laptop and smart TV. is already good enough if not playing game professionally, is that correct?

thank u all for your advice

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all gurus:

Can someone explains the difference? Is it always must have fibre? I have family of 4 who use phone and laptop.

And 300mbps fibre for family of 4 for phone and laptop and smart TV. is already good enough if not playing game professionally, is that correct?

Fiber is fast speed but setup can be quite dread for some people other than is only the backend connection. Like cable using coaxial point and fiber required fiber terminal point.

As for usage it varies to each household. Like for yours even a cable should more than enough. But if you want fiber can consider M1 port from ADSL to fiber scheme. Where they help u offset certain things for u enjoy fiber.(but ain't sure if the promo still ongoing or not :p)

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all gurus:

Look out this Thursday morning for fibre broadband $29 for 500mbps.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fiber is fast speed but setup can be quite dread for some people other than is only the backend connection. Like cable using coaxial point and fiber required fiber terminal point.

As for usage it varies to each household. Like for yours even a cable should more than enough. But if you want fiber can consider M1 port from ADSL to fiber scheme. Where they help u offset certain things for u enjoy fiber.(but ain't sure if the promo still ongoing or not :p)

The promotion is still there. During fair may have promotion for 500 Mbps.

https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/bundles and promotions/highlights/fbb-switch

dragonics

Reaction score
Watching man utd game live on web with my adsl 3mbs plan, in used since 2000's, $22.90/mth... half time 0-0... lol... do i nid fibre? wifi?

i guess it's more for singtel to raise average revenue per user in forcing adsl to migrate...

likely to get singtel fibre 300mbs at 29.90, hopefully got better rate at IT show, with waiver of analogue home line quarterly fee of $30...

Fibre usually comes for free digital line. U can request to keep it as analogue but phone call charges apply

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EQ9v68E.jpg

cu2Mzqi.jpg

What kind of marketing is this on their site.
What's the free router model by the way?

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its due to the $15 monthly rebate for 1gbps

Sent from the Salt of the Land using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watching man utd game live on web with my adsl 3mbs plan, in used since 2000's, $22.90/mth... half time 0-0... lol... do i nid fibre? wifi?

i guess it's more for singtel to raise average revenue per user in forcing adsl to migrate...

likely to get singtel fibre 300mbs at 29.90, hopefully got better rate at IT show, with waiver of analogue home line quarterly fee of $30...

Well you can write to Singtel regarding your request.

What is offer in IT show &or advert are open to all public.

As you are their customer and upgrader, maybe they would consider free or this or that, for all you know.
Anyway a request to see if they still value you as their customer or not.
There is no harm in trying by all means.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all gurus:

Same here, Looks like M1 has the best offer. Anything special from Signtel or they don even bother retaining customers?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chao cheesepies the 300mbps $26/mth only. more worth than it show 500mbps $29/mth

During it show the same promotion may be upgraded to 500 Mbps plan but it is only for ADSL or Cable BB jumped to M1 only. Not for recon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.