Looking for window tablet any recommendation other then surface tablet

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Any window tablet recommendation other than surface table as I can see a lot of ppl having issue with the tablet after a year or so of usage.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recommend cube brand! i bought iwork 8 in 2016 still working now.
after that i realised i need a tablet with usb port so i can bring overseas and transfer files into portable hard drive. for that i bought iwork 1x.

good thing about iwork 1x is i can attach portable hard disk and watch all my videos in mrt.

mobile2009

Reaction score
There are many brands having surface similar design. Acer switch, hp, lenovo .Can visit best denki or harvey norman to see

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays quite a few brands have windows tablet. personally, I'm using a lenovo yoga book and a surface pro 2.

if you want something really portable and can do simple surfing, YouTube, word document or excel lenovo yoga book is a good fit. however please note, I used the word simple, as the unit lags the horsepower for doing too much stuff at same time.

my pro 2, though much older and heavier... still runs great. so much so that when my keyboard spoilt, I bought another keyboard off Amazon to continue using it.

but now I'm looking to get the surface book 2 15" version, for more power and simple gaming while still relatively portable.

johntan93

Reaction score
I know there's the dell latitude 5285.

I have used it for 1.5 years and it's still working perfectly. It is charged using usb c. The only differential is prolly the price. Anyway, dropped this dell laptop at least 7 times of at least 90cm height but there is only a really miniscule dent. It is build like a tank.

Screen oso did not crack unlike the Surface Pro 4 which I owned 0.5 year ago which cracked after a drop and it is not covered by warranty. Furthermore, SP4 has temperature issues. From then on, I swore off all Surface Pro.

Last edited:

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Woah looking at the price is scary. I looking for a budget able for me to do simple excel and words will do. No need too high end.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah looking at the price is scary. I looking for a budget able for me to do simple excel and words will do. No need too high end.

Then what's your budget ?
FYI, a Core M3/5 + 4Gb can do basic office and Photoshop.

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Looking at 10 inch and $500 possible? Cos I already have acer predator at home. Now I buying one more for me to bring out and do my work.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
Looking at 10 inch and $500 possible? Cos I already have acer predator at home. Now I buying one more for me to bring out and do my work.

same as u looking for a alt mircosoft tablet as well, but required slots like mircosd and usb (maybe a type C or normal one)?

will be using for my work and school (but still hoping that if possbile to run vm xD)

retrieverim

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.