Any good anti virus to recommend for 2017?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iirc there is a statistical on avria and Kaspersky. both of them are good at it.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

The best is Kaspersky. Use the Kaspersky Internet Security instead of Kaspersky AntiVirus for its more powerful and comes with more security features.

Other good ones are from Avast and BidDefender. They come with FREE version for its antivirus

Alternatively, consider moving away from using AV signatures. I mean having a signature-less system.

Last edited:

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, how's the Webroot's Internet Security package? My friend used it he says it's lightweight. Any other good points?

Tomsguide : Best Antivirus Software and Apps 2018

TechRadar :The best antivirus software of 2018

PCMAG : The Best Antivirus Protection of 2018

From PCMag, looks like quite a good choice.

Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus is an interesting package — its signature database is stored in the cloud, which means it only takes up about 2MB of space on your hard drive and doesn't require constant updates. It also only takes up about 4MB of RAM during system idle, which is especially important for those of you that don't have much RAM to spare.

Here's how the cloud-based Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus works: new files and programs are scanned and their signature is sent to the cloud to be analyzed. In the meantime, the file or program in question is kept in a quarantine state with some of its function unusable. When Webroot determines the file or program to not be malicious, the quarantine state is lifted. If you don't have internet access, programs and files you've previously accessed on your PC remain usable, but new ones will be placed in the quarantine state until you reconnect to the internet.

Chosen as an Editors' Choice on PCMag, they remarked in their review:

In my malware-blocking, antiphishing, and malicious URL blocking tests, its scores were perfect, excellent, and very good, respectively.

If you're someone who is always connected to the internet and could use the extra space on your hard drive, have a look at Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. It starts at about $30 for one year of protection, and it can be installed on up to three devices. It is compatible with Windows 7 and later, as well as macOS.

webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-2016-screen-01.jpg

Last edited:

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
i used bitdefender free, but sometimes when i boot my com up, i got message saying my anti virus not actived. bitdefender red status, cannot start scan. want to uninstall also hard; have to reboot and uninstall.

tried twice, but same thing, have sinced move to avast free. on this topic, is there any other free anti virus that is on bitfender/avast level too?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used bitdefender free, but sometimes when i boot my com up, i got message saying my anti virus not actived. bitdefender red status, cannot start scan. want to uninstall also hard; have to reboot and uninstall.

tried twice, but same thing, have sinced move to avast free. on this topic, is there any other free anti virus that is on bitfender/avast level too?

Bitdefender is easy to uninstall. Just go to Control parcel then program to uninstall. You can install the trial verions to try it. I suggest Bitdefender internet security. Just need to activate it then update it. Then do a quick scan. After the trial period u must buy it for 1 year. It is very safe but it is not a free anti-virus. Good one all must pay $.

Last edited:

MAmmarNaeem

Reaction score
I do believe that the best antivirus for Windows 10 is Windows Defender which comes inbuilt with Windows 10.

I do believe that there is no specific antivirus which can fulfill the needs for all users. An antivirus software can be perfect for a user can be useless for the other. The choice of antivirus totally depends upon the requirement of the users. If the user has very less online work and remains indulged in offline work for most of the time, then any good antivirus would be fine for them. In case, the user has much of its work in online mode by doing financial transaction, shopping, paying bill, credit card payments, then I would recommend use of any Total Security Antivirus like Kaspersky Total Security or F-secure Total which would be able to provide extremely advanced protection against all sought of online cyber threats which can steal confidential financial information of the user when he/she makes a transaction online.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do believe that the best antivirus for Windows 10 is Windows Defender which comes inbuilt with Windows 10.

I do believe that there is no specific antivirus which can fulfill the needs for all users. An antivirus software can be perfect for a user can be useless for the other. The choice of antivirus totally depends upon the requirement of the users. If the user has very less online work and remains indulged in offline work for most of the time, then any good antivirus would be fine for them. In case, the user has much of its work in online mode by doing financial transaction, shopping, paying bill, credit card payments, then I would recommend use of any Total Security Antivirus like Kaspersky Total Security or F-secure Total which would be able to provide extremely advanced protection against all sought of online cyber threats which can steal confidential financial information of the user when he/she makes a transaction online.

Honestly i will not dare to use Kaspersky again. I just moved to Bitdefender not too long ago.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
I am using Panda antivirus, I think it is good and doesn't take up too much space or RAM.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.