[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
FF XV us$60 + Season Pass us$25 + royal pack us$15 = FF XV Royal Edition us$50

Well done Square Enix on screwing your fans that bought the game on day 1 or pre-order, without even waiting for reviews. I understand that a game depreciates in price, later bundles will always be cheaper with more contents, buy on day 1 enjoy on day 1. But the fact is even if you buy royal edition today, it is still not complete, there are more DLCs to come (not included in season pass, need to pay more).

The problem with DLCs (including those individual character DLCs already out) is that it's months after you played the base game, you already moved on to many other games, you forgot how to fight and all the details and tricks you learned before. It's hard to go back into the game again every time there is a new DLC, even if you want to.

And in order to get the fuller picture (and I mean to just understand the basics of the story), you not just need the game, you need to watch the movie first, and also the 4 episode anime (at least these episodes are free). (To be honest, the whole story is crap anyway, there's no need to bother, just play and enjoy the open world part of the game.)

Seriously they should have just released the first half of the game (till chapter 8, but with the big story gaps filled back in instead of being character DLCs) at us$50. Then go make the proper second half (with real open worlds, not the linear crap) and call it XV-2, selling at us$50 two years later. This whole "game as a service" strategy that SE is taking, where they sell a game and keep add to it (for a fee of cos), hoping that players will stay in their game forever, it's just total nonsense. Go back to making complete games, then move on to the next complete game, and the next. I'd rather be playing FF XX now than getting stuck in a forever growing (but still incomplete, and not worth completing anyway) FF XV.

The only FF XV worth the money is "FF XV: A King's Tale". It's a side-scrolling beat 'em up that tells the story of Noctis' father and his gang (yep, yet another separate piece you need to complete the puzzle). Whether it's worth your time is a different matter (it's an ok game, not very good) but at least the price is right... at FREE dollars.

qwertified

Reaction score

Well done Square Enix on screwing your fans that bought the game on day 1 or pre-order, without even waiting for reviews. I understand that a game depreciates in price, later bundles will always be cheaper with more contents, buy on day 1 enjoy on day 1. But the fact is even if you buy royal edition today, it is still not complete, there are more DLCs to come (not included in season pass, need to pay more).

The problem with DLCs (including those individual character DLCs already out) is that it's months after you played the base game, you already moved on to many other games, you forgot how to fight and all the details and tricks you learned before. It's hard to go back into the game again every time there is a new DLC, even if you want to.

And in order to get the fuller picture (and I mean to just understand the basics of the story), you not just need the game, you need to watch the movie first, and also the 4 episode anime (at least these episodes are free). (To be honest, the whole story is crap anyway, there's no need to bother, just play and enjoy the open world part of the game.)

Seriously they should have just released the first half of the game (till chapter 8, but with the big story gaps filled back in instead of being character DLCs) at us$50. Then go make the proper second half (with real open worlds, not the linear crap) and call it XV-2, selling at us$50 two years later. This whole "game as a service" strategy that SE is taking, where they sell a game and keep add to it (for a fee of cos), hoping that players will stay in their game forever, it's just total nonsense. Go back to making complete games, then move on to the next complete game, and the next. I'd rather be playing FF XX now than getting stuck in a forever growing (but still incomplete, and not worth completing anyway) FF XV.

The only FF XV worth the money is "FF XV: A King's Tale". It's a side-scrolling beat 'em up that tells the story of Noctis' father and his gang (yep, yet another separate piece you need to complete the puzzle). Whether it's worth your time is a different matter (it's an ok game, not very good) but at least the price is right... at FREE dollars.

Put it simply, they want to recoup the time and resources spent. This game took a decade to complete after all, so they won't stop until they deem enough milking.

But to be fair, dlc content takes time to make, other games release dlc also will have the same problem you mentioned (bloodborne old hunters dlc for example, you may be good in the base game alrdy, 5 months later play dlc kena chop left right centre lol).

Anyhow there wont be another numbered ff until ps5, the next one ff7 remake not even sure if will out on ps4 or not yet.

Majima

Banned
Reaction score

they shud just change their company name to Scam-Enix , taking advantage of fans to milk and milk,

believe or not they gonna come out with many more edition, expanding luna story, noctis father story, and even some of the kingsglaive story.

and then port the game to future playstation generation as duno what remaster again.

we will nv see the end of this game until ps5 era.

jieqian

Reaction score
IT show having slim fifa bundle with free controller and charging station at 479.
Is it a good deal ?

bberry

Reaction score
IT show having slim fifa bundle with free controller and charging station at 479.
Is it a good deal ?

outside Sony(IMM) and Harvey Norman also same deal, even before IT show started.

i'm looking to buy within this month. if u have a good deal, please let me know.

Elysium87

Reaction score
outside Sony(IMM) and Harvey Norman also same deal, even before IT show started.

i'm looking to buy within this month. if u have a good deal, please let me know.

go to shopee and look for ps4 bundle, selling with 3 games and 2 controller at 450+ only. i think got delivery charge to add on

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Extra $80 for an extra controller? Better off getting the $378 bundle. Controller can be gotten at $55-60 in carousell.

jieqian

Reaction score
I just bought the 378 bundle. Purchase additional controller and fifa 2018..

Shopee had a citibank 50 bucks offset, I paid around 450.
Need to be 500 above to use the 50 offset.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
WTF... 盘古能量凝聚于人体之内,形成无双能量

楊祐寧:飾演劉備
韓庚:飾演關羽
張建聲:飾演張飛
王凱:飾演曹操
古天樂:飾演呂布
呂良偉:飾演袁紹
劉嘉玲:飾演鑄劍堡堡主
古力娜扎:飾演貂蟬
林雪:飾演董卓
姜皓文:飾演張角
羅家英:飾演呂伯奢

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Price Watch
Super Bomberman R Pre-Order (English/Chinese/Korean/Japanese Ver.)
R3 SGD48.00 at
Released 12.06.2018

or R1 USD$39.99 at
Released 1/1/2019.

Super Bomberman R is coming to PlayStation®4!
Play alone or with a friend in a Story Mode jam-packed with different levels. Re-experience classic Battle Mode,
or discover the brand new Grand Prix Mode in which team play is just as important as individual skills!
New characters are joining the fight, locally or online with friends and players from around the world!
Super Bomberman R is the biggest Bomberman game ever!

■Story Mode
A campaign playable alone or with a friend in local co-op
Join the 8 Bomberman Brothers and help them to defeat the Evil Emperor Buggler!

■Battle Mode
The classic and fun Battle Mode is back
Play with up to 8 players, online or locally!

■Grand Prix
Grand Prix is a new competitive mode in which teamwork is key.
Which team will show the best skills and be crowned as the best in the Universe!?

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I didn't like the combat in the first game, so this is a welcomed change. Not keen on the kingdom building sim and RTS skirmish mechanics though.

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTF... 盘古能量凝聚于人体之内,形成无双能量

楊祐寧:飾演劉備
韓庚:飾演關羽
張建聲:飾演張飛
王凱:飾演曹操
古天樂:飾演呂布
呂良偉:飾演袁紹
劉嘉玲:飾演鑄劍堡堡主
古力娜扎:飾演貂蟬
林雪:飾演董卓
姜皓文:飾演張角
羅家英:飾演呂伯奢

我靠。。。。。。。。

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Driveclub worth it? i see theres a ps+ edition sgd21

i saw on youtube the rain effects is really good. :o

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
That one on SG psn is for upgrading the previous "PS+ version" to the retail "full game version" (full game meaning the original base game, does NOT include season pass, DLCs, Bikes, VR). To use it you need to already own the "PS+ version", which was a stripped down version of the base game (it only includes like 10% of the cars/tracks), offered as monthly PS+ free game long time ago.

The "full game" version is currently sold on US psn for around us$8 (or us$6 if you are US PS+ member) and you don't need to have a PS+ version to use that. (Or get from Canada psn for 8 cad, which is roughly 8 sgd.)

Honestly all the versions, DLCs, season pass, bikes, VR... so confusing. I was hoping there's a "bao ga liao" complete edition, but doesn't seem so.

Last edited:

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i saw on youtube the rain effects is really good. :o

I'm interested in it too. But what does it mean by "Playstation Plus Edition Full Game Upgrade"? How is it different from normal full game?

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup the option to buy is greyed out, so i thought i had it and went to my game library search high and low also dun have so i juz f it and bought the supposed upgrade version end up "unlock" the full ver of the game which i previously did not own.

That one on SG psn is for upgrading the previous "PS+ version" to the retail "full game version" (full game meaning the original base game, does NOT include season pass, DLCs, Bikes, VR). To use it you need to already own the "PS+ version", which was a stripped down version of the base game (it only includes like 10% of the cars/tracks), offered as monthly PS+ free game long time ago.

The "full game" version is currently sold on US psn for around us$8 (or us$6 if you are US PS+ member) and you don't need to have a PS+ version to use that. (Or get from Canada psn for 8 cad, which is roughly 8 sgd.)

Honestly all the versions, DLCs, season pass, bikes, VR... so confusing. I was hoping there's a "bao ga liao" complete edition, but doesn't seem so.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.