Samsung Galaxy A8(2018) | A8+(2018) - Infinity Display for everyone!

ericsoon72

Reaction score
Anyone experience poor 2.4ghz wifi speeds on this phone (5ghz is fine). Not sure if it's related to the exynos processor.

Speed test on my old Note 5 is 100mbps.
On my A8+ is only 40mbps.
On my brother's new A8+ also 40mbps.
On my brother's old j5 is 90+ mbps.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience poor 2.4ghz wifi speeds on this phone (5ghz is fine). Not sure if it's related to the exynos processor.

Speed test on my old Note 5 is 100mbps.
On my A8+ is only 40mbps.
On my brother's new A8+ also 40mbps.
On my brother's old j5 is 90+ mbps.

nothing to do with the processor in this case. there might be an issue with the settings of the your 2.4Ghz.. try to bump up channel bandwidth and limit 2.4Ghz to wireless N only..

HoGnix

Reaction score
nothing to do with the processor in this case. there might be an issue with the settings of the your 2.4Ghz.. try to bump up channel bandwidth and limit 2.4Ghz to wireless N only..

Just get A8+ and planned to retire my Note 5.
I am hesitate now. the A8+ screen size is 6 inch, (VS Note 5 5.7 inch) but actually, the Screen display area is smaller than Note 5, and its Screen resolution also inferior to Note 5.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get A8+ and planned to retire my Note 5.
I am hesitate now. the A8+ screen size is 6 inch, (VS Note 5 5.7 inch) but actually, the Screen display area is smaller than Note 5, and its Screen resolution also inferior to Note 5.
The A8+ has a 6" display no doubt, but it's of a 18:9 display ratio. An 6" 18:9 display has a display range similar to a 5.5" 16:9 display.

If you want a display range similar to your Note 5's 5.7" 16:9 display, you should get at least a 6.3" 18:9 display such as the Galaxy Note8(6.3") or the OPPO R11s Plus(6.43").

weeasee

Reaction score
Been using A8+ for 2 months. Bought it on contract during CNY discount from SingTel. Here's my two cents:

Pros:
- 6" Phone screen is huge and design is sleek. Basically a S8+ without curved edges. Perfect for people who dislikes the curved edges
- 6GB RAM and efficient RAM management, no apps reloading. Ever. No lag issues.
- Battery life is great. Can easily last 6 - 8hrs SOT
- Fingerprint scanner in a decent position unlike S8 / Note8
- Has pretty much the same UI experience with S8 / Note8. No bixby button though (not that anyone uses it)

Cons:
- The back camera is average. Day photos are decent, but the lack of OIS means night time photos are straight crap. Front camera is clear with the bokeh effect, but it does feels like a gimmick after a while.
- Phone cases almost impossible to find unless you purchase online

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Just noticed there is an update available at 270mb.
Not sure if its oreo update or just another security update.

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Been using A8+ for 2 months. Bought it on contract during CNY discount from SingTel. Here's my two cents:

Pros:
- 6" Phone screen is huge and design is sleek. Basically a S8+ without curved edges. Perfect for people who dislikes the curved edges
- 6GB RAM and efficient RAM management, no apps reloading. Ever. No lag issues.
- Battery life is great. Can easily last 6 - 8hrs SOT
- Fingerprint scanner in a decent position unlike S8 / Note8
- Has pretty much the same UI experience with S8 / Note8. No bixby button though (not that anyone uses it)

Cons:
- The back camera is average. Day photos are decent, but the lack of OIS means night time photos are straight crap. Front camera is clear with the bokeh effect, but it does feels like a gimmick after a while.
- Phone cases almost impossible to find unless you purchase online

For the price of a8+, can get a s8 plus which has ois in their camera and better specs.

weeasee

Reaction score
For the price of a8+, can get a s8 plus which has ois in their camera and better specs.

If buying on contract A8+ is considerably cheaper than a S8+, but yeah if peeps are intending to buy no-contact than a S8+ is definitely more worth for money.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Software update for May 2018 is out.
It's not Oreo though but it's improvements are considered good.
Auto rotate and unlocking via fingerprint is faster now.

immortal86

Master Member
Reaction score
i guess now the best samsung phone WO curved screen is a8+ ?

i dont like curve screen as im using s7 edge and the curved screen obstruct my view of the docs/website im viewing, easily resolved but irritating.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
i guess now the best samsung phone WO curved screen is a8+ ?

i dont like curve screen as im using s7 edge and the curved screen obstruct my view of the docs/website im viewing, easily resolved but irritating.

You can say so. I am quite satisfied with the A8 I have been using since early feb till now.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.