The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, usually these straight temple frame have some/little rubber at the back to grip to your head. E.g. Oakley. The rubber tends to grip harder when you sweat thus it really depends on the comfort of the user. Don't worry about it, it can also be curved slightly to fit the curvature at the your temple area.

Thanks!
Been awhile since I last shopped for new frames.
I've tried straight temples design frames and yes it is comfortable but was paranoid about the specs sliding out due to no hook curve down the back of the ear.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I've tried straight temples design frames and yes it is comfortable but was paranoid about the specs sliding out due to no hook curve down the back of the ear.

Even those specs got hooks also will slide down if not adjust properly.. Thus is no different to me. Need to bend the temples of any frames to curve ard yr skull.. That will solve the problem of sliding..

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The salesperson at optical shop demonstrate the effectiveness of their anti blue ray lenses by shining a blue light touch against it

I cannot see the blue light after wearing their lenses.
Somehow I find this is a gimmick because we shouldn’t see blue ray with our naked eyes

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

No worries Marshy, usually they have R-D-ed properly........ unless you play vigorous sports :s13::s13::s13:

subprimelive

Reaction score
Can recommend Where to find cheapest frame with lens that has computer lens protection?
Computer lens not cheap , where to find the whole thing cost less than 100

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Blue light is not visible to your eye. Most blue light comes from UV as oppose to electronic devices.
The ones you were shown are the lenses which absorb light rather than the others which is reflecting the blue light.
Not a gimmick as it really feels more comfortable as glare is really reduced BUT it does not serve other purpose e.g protect retina blah blah(not proven yet).

The salesperson at optical shop demonstrate the effectiveness of their anti blue ray lenses by shining a blue light touch against it

I cannot see the blue light after wearing their lenses.
Somehow I find this is a gimmick because we shouldn’t see blue ray with our naked eyes

sk1609

Reaction score
my progressive lens when seeing computer is not very clear. even after they sent back to adjust it. got giddy/headache end of the day and my neck also tired.

the other issue I noticed is extreme left is clear but extreme right is blur. I created excel in 19 columns. Column 1st to 12th is better than 13th to 19th.

:s11: Why? :s11:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
my progressive lens when seeing computer is not very clear. even after they sent back to adjust it. got giddy/headache end of the day and my neck also tired.

the other issue I noticed is extreme left is clear but extreme right is blur. I created excel in 19 columns. Column 1st to 12th is better than 13th to 19th.

:s11: Why? :s11:

Do you still rmb what kind of lenses you bought?
Roughly know what degree you were give? Usually if thats the case, there could be a few reasons.
1st- Power not enough thus you might have to tilt head up to see clearly
2nd-Your PD(pupil distance) might be off thus you seeing through the wrong area. (IMPT for progressive)
3rd-Long or short corridor Might affect the way you see.
4th-Your fitting height(eye point height) might be off.
5th-Power is wrong(not same as reason 1). Thus the progression down is not comfortable.
These are the few reasons i can think of at the moment.

Regarding your second issue. Progressive is not fully clear for the whole lenses. Only the center part is clear, there will be peripheral distortions thus the sides wont be clear at all. BUT if u say right is clearer than left, EITHER PD is off(highly likely) or else the progressive lenses INSET value might be off... gotta ask them verify..
Hope this helps!

sk1609

Reaction score
It's Hoya lens. They checked my power again by another person and said power is correct. Not sure about pupil distance, did ask me to see right see left to do some marking on the len. They did some adjustment on the height issue and did a new len in order for the mid range to be clear. But still result not very good plus the left side is clearer and right side.

Progressive len side is blur, I can understand if only say excel column 1 to 3 and 17 to 19 is blur and center 4 to 16 is clear. But now no.

Will ask them.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha sorry been busy. Thanks alot, when arrive will share photo. Probably 1 month eta.

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be visiting Seoul soon. Any quality Korean specs brands to look for? Or any particular shop to go to? Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Generally Korean frame are just known for their weight and ultem/flexible material. Particularly famous Korean frame brand not too many if I'm not wrong. If you are looking for quality frame then probably are those made in Germany, Japan, Denmark, swiss and *some*italian Brand’s.

Will be visiting Seoul soon. Any quality Korean specs brands to look for? Or any particular shop to go to? Thanks!

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone wear Bally frame before? Comfy?

$228 worth the price or nt experts?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
770-840 before discount. Depending on which series you get. N.O.W is more expensive. The acetanium is cheaper. After discount many around 600 plus?
Edit:600-700 plus*

650-800 is after or before discount?

Last edited:

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about JB but it was more expensive in europe. Also u would want the local aftersale service support. So support local store ba, service is good and price very competitive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.