Highest End Semi-Professional Grade Coffee Espresso Machines Mass Order - For Singapore & Malaysia

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you purchase 2 cases onward, there's a 5 to 10 percent discount.

1 case will be either 20 bags of 250g or 6 bags of 1kg.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, still trying the other blends, will order in bulk next week.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought 8 250g packs for my office last week. Finished in a week.

Favourite blend is Alto Palomar and Meloria.
Meloria is really cheap and good.
All blends very well defined and different from each other.

Any special offer for HWZ mass order?
Looking for long term supplies to my office.
:o

Tried Alto Palmar ground coffee powder. Tasted bland. Does it have to do with the coffee being ground and packaged 1 year ago?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought it in bean form and grind on demand.
I used abt the same grind setting for my locally roasted coffee got from Nylon/Tiong Hoe.
The crema is rich with the honey notes still there in the aftertaste. Don't have the rancid after taste of oxidised coffee. Meaning the coffee is still good, very good in fact.

Alto Palomar is the most well balanced espresso I had for a long time. It's like the Pinot Noir of coffee. I think it's the closest to the coffee I drank at the Java & Mocca cafe I tried in Oslo. The roast is really just nice. San Luis is another good one, it has a very neat profile but you may not like it if you want something with more pronounce profiles.

If you want a stronger intensity with more bitterness, you need a darker roast. I find Meloria okay. I think it's their smoothest dark roast. My staffs who love those kopi, like the darker roasts.

The yellow label ones from Le Piantagioni are medium dark. If you use Alto Palomar as a benchmark, it's like slightly more bitter and pronounce but the smoothness is still there. My staffs all find this tier pleasant. Forgot is it 100 or 106 blend, reminds me of coffee from Fikafika cafe in Taiwan. The flavours very complex.

The Irridamo taste very bright and more sour, similar to those 3th wave hipster cafes. I personally don't enjoy as much, but a lot of cafes in SG are using coffee with this profile.

So is see what you need lor but better to buy coffee in whole bean form than powder. :o

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
interestingly I bought both Alto Palomar and Iridamo as well. was disappointed that both cans of ground coffee are 1 year+
hence i thought the taste was not good as expected.

thank you the sharing on the products. will have to look at a coffee grinder - which one u using?

I bought it in bean form and grind on demand.
I used abt the same grind setting for my locally roasted coffee got from Nylon/Tiong Hoe.
The crema is rich with the honey notes still there in the aftertaste. Don't have the rancid after taste of oxidised coffee. Meaning the coffee is still good, very good in fact.

Alto Palomar is the most well balanced espresso I had for a long time. It's like the Pinot Noir of coffee. I think it's the closest to the coffee I drank at the Java & Mocca cafe I tried in Oslo. The roast is really just nice. San Luis is another good one, it has a very neat profile but you may not like it if you want something with more pronounce profiles.

If you want a stronger intensity with more bitterness, you need a darker roast. I find Meloria okay. I think it's their smoothest dark roast. My staffs who love those kopi, like the darker roasts.

The yellow label ones from Le Piantagioni are medium dark. If you use Alto Palomar as a benchmark, it's like slightly more bitter and pronounce but the smoothness is still there. My staffs all find this tier pleasant. Forgot is it 100 or 106 blend, reminds me of coffee from Fikafika cafe in Taiwan. The flavours very complex.

The Irridamo taste very bright and more sour, similar to those 3th wave hipster cafes. I personally don't enjoy as much, but a lot of cafes in SG are using coffee with this profile.

So is see what you need lor but better to buy coffee in whole bean form than powder. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the BB005 for home, Quamar M80E for office. You doing as espresso or brew? I do only latte or espresso.

If brewing method can consider the chemex way, the flavours should come out good. Buy coffee bean must look at the roast level first, it's like how you want the steak done. The darker the roast the more bitter and less sour. The lighter the roast, the more unique the flavours as you can taste the fruitiness.

Both you bought are the light and super light ones so i guess you want it more robust, maybe pick a darker one. :o

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Latte usually - will try the beans. Need to shop around for budget-wise grinder first.

I'm using the BB005 for home, Quamar M80E for office. You doing as espresso or brew? I do only latte or espresso.

If brewing method can consider the chemex way, the flavours should come out good. Buy coffee bean must look at the roast level first, it's like how you want the steak done. The darker the roast the more bitter and less sour. The lighter the roast, the more unique the flavours as you can taste the fruitiness.

Both you bought are the light and super light ones so i guess you want it more robust, maybe pick a darker one. :o

calbay

Reaction score
You can still make a latte with a light roast, only that it's usually done with a double ristretto for a 6 oz cup or double espresso for a 8oz. Quite a common practise in modern cafes.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
You can still make a latte with a light roast, only that it's usually done with a double ristretto for a 6 oz cup or double espresso for a 8oz. Quite a common practise in modern cafes.

yeah will try - but the freshness of ground coffee wasnt there given it was packaged 12m back.

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
IMG_20180331_WA0001.jpg

Weird, I opened this bag on around 4th of March and forgot about it. Look like the condition is still okay.

Not say my favourite but Yrgalem is pretty close to the ones I had from Nylon with less acidity. The harenna is more interesting to me. San Luis is indeed very neat.

Will try the rest after I'm finished with my current bag.

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yeah will try - but the freshness of ground coffee wasnt there given it was packaged 12m back.

Used to pre-grind my coffee bought from local roasters and ready in advance, then realised that there's no crema.

Later read that ground coffee oxidises and loses 60% of its aroma every 15minutes.
Resting for few minutes is equivalent to oxidising for a few days.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/importance-grinding-coffee-correctly-justin-metcalf
https://www.noircoffeelab.com/faq/

You should buy whole beans if you are concern, makes a world of difference.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For the coffee powder range, Iridamo and Alto Palomar are both meant for brew coffee, like Chemex, filter, drip, etc. Not espresso that can be used as a base for latte.

The main difference is in the grinding, which they are done in a coarse setting, far from espresso fine. So it's hardly possible to extract well with it as an espresso. The roasting is also on the lighter side. If you require the intensity, you need to go darker. Given that you are underextracting as an espresso and the coffee is naturally of a gentle profile, we find it is absolutely reasonable that you will think it's "bland".

All packagings are sealed with MAP to keep the oxidation process dormant. However, as the previous poster had mentioned, coffee will oxidise rapidly in powdered form as they break into smaller particles with surface area multiplied by the hundreds/thousands.

For the best result, it can only be from coffee in whole bean form.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Received some enquiries for the new Bezzera Duo/Matrix double boiler.

After some discussion with FCC, it seems that they had decided not to carry them ATM and placed on KIV.
There are many reasons listed. Technically they think that the machine will be extremely difficult to repair given the tight space and many components. With so many components, the chance of failure is also naturally higher.

The new model definitely has many helpful features to give the user better control but it does not mean that it will produce a better espresso. If the machine will be admitted to their range, the estimated rrp will be near 3.5k onward.

FCC may on the other hand look for new products to be carried in singapore, particularly for offices and fnb.

scorpio88

Reaction score
Hi Bro,

May I know how much you are charging the coffee beans? Any delivery service included?
Any recommendation of coffee beans for morning espresso? Not acidic type.
Thank you.

goldsilvercity

Reaction score
Hi Bro,

May I know how much you are charging the coffee beans? Any delivery service included?
Any recommendation of coffee beans for morning espresso? Not acidic type.
Thank you.

n00b here... so the coffee machine style is french press coffee type or pour over coffee type?

archcherub

Reaction score
The darker the roast the less acidic.

Anyone tried ordering Laos exotic coffee beans from here?
I was searching for vietnamese coffee beans but found their site. Emailed them to ask, since Laos to Singapore shipping time maybe too long for coffee beans. I think coffee beans will spoil in 4 weeks, right?

so they replied me the shipping from Singapore warehouse. its a singapore firm. :eek:

anyone bought from them can share experience?

turboo

Reaction score
Bezzera BZ Thermal Efficient Groupheads
A revamp of the E61s with up to 60% lesser start up time, smaller footprint and great value.

Bezzera BZ16 Electronic Dosing (Plumb in or connect to external water tank)

Bezzera-BZ16-Electronic-espresso-machine-500x500.jpg

Price SG$2,699.00

What's the difference between the Rancillo Silvia/Gaggic Classic vs the BZ13? What does BZ13 have that justifies the 2x cost?

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz16/

Bezzera BZ16 Electronic Dosing

Bezzera-BZ16-espresso-machine-500x500.jpg

Price SG$2,349.00

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz16-electronic-version/

Bezzera BZ13 Push Button

Bezzera-BZ13-push-button-espresso-machine-500x500.jpg

Price SG$1,949.00

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz13-push-button/

Bezzera BZ13 Electronic Dosing

Bezzera-bz13-Espresso-Machine-500x500.jpg

Price SG$2,349.00

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz13/

Bezzera BZ10

Bezzera-BZ10-500x500.jpg

Price SG$1,799.00

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz10/

Bezzera BZ09 [Single Boiler]

Bezzera-BZ09-500x500.jpg

Price SG$1,399.00

For more information: http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/shop/bezzera-bz09/

What's the difference between Rancilo Silvia/Gaggia Classic vs the BZ13? Or rather, what justifies the >2x cost of the BZ13?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.