View Single Post
Old 22-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #31
alvinym

##################################################################
#### POE FILTER ######################################################
##################################################################

In order for MoCA to work, a 'Point Of Entry Filter' needs to be installed into the main coax cable before it branches off into different coax outlets of your flat. The cable connection can be found at an entry point into your premises such as a riser cabinet or a cable distribution box within your home.

The filter simply blocks MoCA frequencies going back into your cable providers network (or your neighbours network) and potentially interfering with the network or system elements.

Alternatively, the incoming main coax cable can also be disconnected from your home network if no service is used by the cable provider (just ensure to add a 75 Ohm terminator cap to your coax splitter).

Either ways - one solution is mandatory! For me, Starhub installed the POE filter in the riser cabinet free of cost - the filter used is a 'Soontai LPF-1002M3'.

[/FONT]
Thanks for sharing this! your post had helped me understand MoCA network, as i stay in a rented unit. Unable to do renovations and wifi may at times be weak/inconsistent, leaving me with the option of fugly LAN cables or this MoCA network.

Anyway, I am thinking since i am not using the coaxial cables at all, might as well just disconnect it.
> Can I seek advice if i disconnect the coaxial POE, will MoCA network still works?
> Are terminator cap really required? moreover, my unit has a number of coaxial ports, are the caps required to close all unused ports?

Wishful thinking it would be great if i could borrow some adapters to test before buying.

Thanks again!
alvinym is offline   Reply With Quote