ViewQwest Expired and Recontract Drama

MaTriX07

Reaction score
#truestory

So my 2-years contract has ended in Feb'18. Nothing was sent to my email about re-contract, as they claimed. The contact center guy just assumed that marketing will send a reminder to expiring customers and ask them to re-contract with a better deal.

My fees in the past 2 years was about $70/month for 1GB plan. Now at IT show, its $40.

So I am paying $70 still...

Anyway, I called in and they said - They can't roll back to the date it expired with the new fee and THERE IS DEFINITELY NO BENEFITS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO RE-CONTRACT.

I checked, Singtel, Starhub and even MyRepublic, there is some sort of benefits to keep existing customers from re-contracting. So this high & might ViewQwest thinks I will continue to stay with them...
So... Jumping boat.

I don't think its unfair to request for roll back with the newer fee.

For all ViewQwest users, please watch your expiring date and why bother with this ISP who don't care if you stay or leave...

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Wow you pay $70 a month for your internet? Switching to other ISP that charge from $30-$39 for internet can save you $800+ over 2 years. Can save even more with cheaper plans like m1's $29 or starhub cable @ $20 a month.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing new. Just move on to another isp or sign another 2 years plan

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Lol, didn't have great experience with viewqwest customer service either. The first time i signed with them they provided a router with firmware that had defects which caused the router to repeatedly crash and sometimes not being able to grasp the internet connection. Only after 3 months, a new firmware was released by asus and then i could have a stable connection.

During that period, i requested on swap of router model which they had refused and also refused to give me waivers on my bills.

Which ISP on earth would provide a model of router to users signing up without even testing it in advance, they obviously didn't test it because the issue is down right reproducible. If not for their good routing overseas they would be dead.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#truestory

So my 2-years contract has ended in Feb'18. Nothing was sent to my email about re-contract, as they claimed. The contact center guy just assumed that marketing will send a reminder to expiring customers and ask them to re-contract with a better deal.

My fees in the past 2 years was about $70/month for 1GB plan. Now at IT show, its $40.

So I am paying $70 still...

Anyway, I called in and they said - They can't roll back to the date it expired with the new fee and THERE IS DEFINITELY NO BENEFITS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO RE-CONTRACT.

I checked, Singtel, Starhub and even MyRepublic, there is some sort of benefits to keep existing customers from re-contracting. So this high & might ViewQwest thinks I will continue to stay with them...
So... Jumping boat.

I don't think its unfair to request for roll back with the newer fee.

For all ViewQwest users, please watch your expiring date and why bother with this ISP who don't care if you stay or leave...

So jialat? I was using M1 $49 plan, after contract expired, I re-con it to the $39 plan.

Few weeks after I sign the $49 plan, m1 tweak their plan to become $39. I call in to complain, to my surprise, they give me $10 rebate for 24mths ( which theoretically I will be paying $39 for 24mths).

loupgarou2

Reaction score
huh. i wrote to them for recontract. cs@viewqwest.com i think

Fibernet 1Gbps Bundle @ $49.90 (Monthly)
· 24 Months Subscription
· Free Modem Rental
· Free Freedom DNS for the first 3 months (optional thereafter at $10.70/mth)
· Free Delivery, self-installation
· $250 Bill Rebate ( from 7th month onwards )
- Options :
Options
Free NetGear AC1200 Smart Wifi Router R6220

seePyou

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 does the same thing
They silently move you to $89.90 :vijayadmin:

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but M1 will send you a mailer inviting you to recontract
VQ? ... nada

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.