View Single Post
Old 23-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #33
Compose

Think you may need understand more on how MoCA network works, but let me try to help though i am not using (yet).

1. No clue, TS did mentioned starhub did for him FOC and this lies with Starhub which you need to speak with them to confirm

2. POE filter as its full name is "Point of Entry".. explained in multiple posts and it is not a TP point for fiber. You will still require a TP and ONT for fiber broadband. The most layman setup would be "TP > ONT > Router > MoCA adapter > coaxial port"

3. Any MoCA 2.0 adapter would work, make sure to read the description/specs to ensure it is the latest which support gigabit transfer. Sidenote, ECB6250 is only released for enterprises/ISP, you wouldnt be able to find in the consumer market.

4. Simple glance on amazon shows it is the same, just a single "S" or two/twin "K" pack.
Thanks for your reply. I have called Starhub and am not successful in getting them to install the POE filter at the common corridor riser. My problem is the cabling part for Open Net to come into my home and as such, I don't have a TP and ONT yet. Does not mean the MoCA option will not work for me then? Sorry for the stupid questions.
Compose is offline   Reply With Quote