IBM ThinkPad Users' Group

obichacha

Reaction score
Singapore X1 Carbon is selling overpriced.
To compare for Australia and Malaysia.
Actually the starting price more or less should be higher $200 than the 5th Gen.
Now seem like can skip for 6th gen in Singapore.
Better buy in MY or AU.

Even add on discount code 10% still considering much much higher than other countries.

daggerICBM

Reaction score
Just curious, how do you intend to forward the laptop from msia/aus as they do not support direct shipping?

Currently, for x1 carbon i5-8250, WQHD 500nits, 8gb ram, 256 SSD (after applying discounts):
US store - 1529 USD - 2015 SGD
AUS store - 2159 AUD - 2198 SGD
Msia store - 7851 RM - 2647 SGD
Singapore store - 3131 SGD

I would think buying from the US store would be best, not sure if anyone has done it before? Thanks!

obichacha

Reaction score
You can order from US website for add in 500 nits HDR screen, but the specs was premium.
And ship to your forwarder and pay another $200 to ship back SG.

If buy direct from eBay they don't have HDR LCD as a standard package.

Just curious, how do you intend to forward the laptop from msia/aus as they do not support direct shipping?

Currently, for x1 carbon i5-8250, WQHD 500nits, 8gb ram, 256 SSD (after applying discounts):
US store - 1529 USD - 2015 SGD
AUS store - 2159 AUD - 2198 SGD
Msia store - 7851 RM - 2647 SGD
Singapore store - 3131 SGD

I would think buying from the US store would be best, not sure if anyone has done it before? Thanks!

Lord Hokage

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has comments on L380? thinking of getting for office. Also anyone able to introduce a discount more than 10%, thanks for the ADD1 discount code of 10%!!!

obichacha

Reaction score
Lol my X1 Carbon 6th gen just got cancellation due to WiFi card and LCD issue.
Wait until July for re-place order again.

Last edited:

clyp1973

Reaction score
I cancelled my X1 max specs 2 weeks ago the moment they delay my shipment ... Gave excuse like fingerprint sensor out of stock.. lol, Lenovo failed big time

Wardenised

Reaction score
They kept delaying. I just cancelled my order also. From stated shipment out at 12th March delay at least 5 times to 23rd.

I cannot take it cancelled it today.

pcdreams_hr

Reaction score
They kept delaying. I just cancelled my order also. From stated shipment out at 12th March delay at least 5 times to 23rd.

I cannot take it cancelled it today.

Their online store do back to back ordering and keep minimum stocks.
Standard configurations ones can shipped fast. Customized ones takes very long.

rerear

Reaction score
2nd hand X1 3rd gen second hand is it worth to get?
Looks like 400-500 on carousell.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd hand X1 3rd gen second hand is it worth to get?
Looks like 400-500 on carousell.

Up for you.

I am absolutely impressed with X1 carbon thinkpads. Light, powerful, good screen, long battery life, multiple ports and superb thinkpad keyboard.

Coming from a long time macbook air user.

rerear

Reaction score
Where is good place to buy X1 carbon used, are eBay.com good, any recommended sellers?

daggerICBM

Reaction score
Up for you.

I am absolutely impressed with X1 carbon thinkpads. Light, powerful, good screen, long battery life, multiple ports and superb thinkpad keyboard.

Coming from a long time macbook air user.

Compared to MacBook screens, how do thinkpads fare? Also, anyone tried out the new gen X1 carbon in person before? What's the initial impression?

obichacha

Reaction score
X1 Carbon 6th gen is very expensive in the market.
Hope to get another one from somewhere else.

HDR premium display should be awesome for daily views

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compared to MacBook screens, how do thinkpads fare? Also, anyone tried out the new gen X1 carbon in person before? What's the initial impression?

I cannot say for the newer MacBooks. I can only say for MBA screen... it is definitely lower spec compared to thinkpad screen. Lower resolution, glossy with reflection makes it not a good choice to use in bright light condition.

Thinkpad screens are mostly matt and using IPS panels for non touch screens...

I sold my mBA and got myself a Thinkpad 13. Amazing laptop.

Light + decent battery life

Superb keyboard-- one of the best in the laptop keyboard. Hands down

Amazing number of ports available... 3 usb 3 ports, 1 USB-C, SD card slot, thinkpad connector (to connect to desktop mode), HDMI port. I got a USB-C to 3-USB3 ports + Ethernet port for just $10 from taobao... making my laptop having 6 USB 3 ports

Durable... so durable that it replaces my work laptop.. i brought it around to work, in the lab, for meeting, for studying/reading, for holidays, etc...

The trackpad may not be as good as MBA, but it is definitely able to replace the mouse...

obichacha

Reaction score
ThinkPad x260 still worth buy?
Or instead of X280 come with lighter weight.

Anyway ThinkPad T460s still optional haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.