Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i check online for taking shinkansen from tokyo to osaka is around S$700 for 2 adults 2 childrens (1 way), will it be cheaper if i book domestic flight say from haneda to kansai ?
If you can check shinkansen price why can't you also check flight ticket price? 🤔

Answer is generally yes, flights are cheaper. Jetstar Japan for example ¥4500-¥6000/pax (depending on baggage) also can get liao. But depends of course on your exact day / preferred time.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can check shinkansen price why can't you also check flight ticket price?

Answer is generally yes, flights are cheaper. Jetstar Japan for example ¥4500-¥6000/pax (depending on baggage) also can get liao. But depends of course on your exact day / preferred time.

domestic flight is 10800 yen ONE way

with 20kg of luggage.

ana experience japan fare

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just googled around, seems ANA domestic flight for economy the luggage is 20kg.
Quite cheap to fly instead of getting a JR pass but then think need the JR pass for more than just 1 place so still thinking whether to buy it.

concreteman

Reaction score
i would suggest taking shinkansen if you are going from tokyo to osaka/kyoto/nagoya , less hassle

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got to factor in the time and cost to get from city to the airport also. Whereas for shinkansen, it usually takes u straight into the city

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If I'm going during mid April, is it wiser to be in Hokkaido or Akita? To catch the cherry blossom.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
domestic flight is 10800 yen ONE way
with 20kg of luggage.
ana experience japan fare
Low cost airlines can be cheaper than that leh, I don't pluck my numbers from thin air.

h8l5Xiw.jpg

Add 1500y+ for baggage

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Low cost airlines can be cheaper than that leh, I don't pluck my numbers from thin air.

h8l5Xiw.jpg

Add 1500y+ for baggage

I saw ANA, 20kg included only $140 for the some domestic flights.
Tokyo to Sapporo $275 return air tix.

Tokyo to Osaka $195.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 to 3gb usually
Why not rental mifi in sg or a japan sim in sg or hoot a local prepaid sim from the 3 major telco save u the hassle hunt for SIM card as japan u need to activate it via wifi if u hoot form the shop

I rent a mifi locally and hoot a starhub prepaid and activate the data roam not bad is in docomo i test from tokyo outdoor and indoor mall no issue and go lake kawakuchiko and nikko jo issue with it beside on highway some times will auto drop to 3g but it willl go back go 4g pretty decent

And u can top up if u use it up and if u didn’t use it up it wil auto roll over to local data too

Buying sim card in jp got how many gb?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which one should i get for winter, uniqlo wool coatigan or down jacket? both i also like~ :s22:

54_400466.jpg

78_400727.jpg

Neither I feel they are bulky. I will recommend north face. Some of gortex certified and they offer better warmth without the bulk

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello guys, 1st timer to japan/tokyo. i'm planning to do 2 day trips to hakone and kawaguchiko...

good to get the Fuji Hakone Pass right?
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_014.html

for the day trip to hakone, i think i'll probably top up for the romance car. i can top at at the counter where i buy the Fuji Hakone Pass right?

for the day trip to kawaguchiko, do i also get the highway bus tix from the same counter as above or i'll have to go to another bus tix counter and show them the Fuji Hakone Pass? does the bus tix include a return trip?

i think i will follow the sequence/plan as listed here https://highway-buses.jp/course/kawaguchiko-onedaytrip.php

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.