[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Do you know that Certis have a few sites such as taman jurong or maybe they have strong room at client's premises?

You will only know where to report & draw arms when you are assign for deployment even if it is an open secret to those who served.

I heard people say all arms drawn at Paya Lebar HQ..eg if you deployed to Airport today, tml you can be deployed to checkpoint so all arms are draw at Paya Lebar.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
frm their website they quote 2575 for starting basic for corporal, sgt got 2.9k?

Same as SPF...

Educational Qualification Starting Salary*
Diploma $1,970 - $2,620
GCE ‘A’ Levels

Higher NITEC $1,820 - $2,170
NITEC
GCE ‘O’ Levels
* Starting salary will vary according to assessment of academic qualifications, relevant work experience and completion of full-time National Service.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let just say my friend used to serve as armskote & the location she issued armed was not in HQ.

I heard people say all arms drawn at Paya Lebar HQ..eg if you deployed to Airport today, tml you can be deployed to checkpoint so all arms are draw at Paya Lebar.

gniljia

Reaction score
anyone can advise what to expect for deg holder? seems like it is inspector rank, but nothing more on it online.

Thanks!

cz287cj

Reaction score
Paya lebar has its own bu and assignment. u report to the bu at paya lebar which u are depliyed to. U would draw your arms there and get deployed from there. U return to paya lebar when your asignment end for the day.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Depend on the bu u are deployed to and who their customers are. It can be crowd control, guard bank or poly clinic, attached to nea to summon smokers, screening of people at airport etc...

Your deployment will only be made known when you are completing your training. You can be expected to be deployed to the east while living in the west. You can also expected to be working conitnuously for 11 days of 12 hours shift before having your only pathetic 1 day off per week.

Such as working hours (shift hours expected), remuneration package, job scope?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on your assignment. Mostly is shift work. Your PO will get OT pay & get signing bonus but as SO, you will not get OT pay & no such thing as signing bonus. This mean that your POs' gross salary maybe more than you. During training phase, you get $2K+ & after course, you will get $3K+.However your salary depend on your qualification, current drawn salary & etc.

If you fail to pass out from course as P/Insp, you needs to pay liquidated damages. If you fail to be promoted from P/Insp to Insp (1) after 1 year of service, you needs to pay liquidated damages.

Such as working hours (shift hours expected), remuneration package, job scope?

Last edited:

LUCKYBUYER

Reaction score
Depend on your assignment. Mostly is shift work. Your PO will get OT pay & get signing bonus but as SO, you will not get OT pay & no such thing as signing bonus. This mean that your POs' gross salary maybe more than you. During training phase, you get $2K+ & after course, you will get $3K+.However your salary depend on your qualification, current drawn salary & etc.

If you fail to pass out from course as P/Insp, you needs to pay liquidated damages. If you fail to be promoted from P/Insp to Insp (1) after 1 year of service, you needs to pay liquidated damages.

i hardly ever seen a so in uniform, what's their ratio to apo?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on their assignment. Their main job for most deployment is to provide services to clients, report to their APF management, do/approve rooster schedule, manage APOs & etc. However they maybe deploy to do ground work like patrolling as TL or ATL.

i hardly ever seen a so in uniform, what's their ratio to apo?

AlwinT

Reaction score
Everyone including MOM know that APOs work more than 12 hours a day & etc when MOM stated that as an employee, you are not allowed to work more than 12 hours a day (Maximum hours of work).

However, your employer can ask you to work more than 12 hours a day in the following circumstances:

1. An accident or threat of accident.
  2. Work that is essential to the life of the community, national defence or security.
  3. An interruption of work that was impossible to foresee.

So how? Kind of stupid to show this Employment Act about Maximum hours of work for OT!

A point to note abt Aetos, when u fall sick and take mc, they consider you've clocked 0hr. Whereas their main competitor will still give you 8hrs/day for mc. So it's akin to no paid medical leave for Aetos. And, after 260hrs, any overtime is paid way below the standard 1.5 rate.
Also, foreigners are paid the same rate or higher than locals, but usually have a very different job scope (make a guess who has tougher and more sensitive job) . Kinda feel like the company's management are pro ft or rather, anti locals -_-"

Last edited:

chillcat

Reaction score
i was wondering how long would the clearance period take. I am an ex-APO from another auxiliary police, and I am joining AETOS. But I am waiting for their management to call me to go for training and etc. I was hoping for an advice on this since I know that if even I dont get a call now doesnt mean I am not qualified. They would inform irregardless whether you have been taken or not. Anyone can advice me?
so long did u wait? im in de same situation too.

matchless7

Reaction score
A point to note abt Aetos, when u fall sick and take mc, they consider you've clocked 0hr. Whereas their main competitor will still give you 8hrs/day for mc. So it's akin to no paid medical leave for Aetos. And, after 260hrs, any overtime is paid way below the standard 1.5 rate.

So on this note, it's better to join the main competitor?

LUCKYBUYER

Reaction score
Depend on their assignment. Their main job for most deployment is to provide services to clients, report to their APF management, do/approve rooster schedule, manage APOs & etc. However they maybe deploy to do ground work like patrolling as TL or ATL.

whats Tl n ATL?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.