Android TV Box

boonkang

Reaction score
No. I only watch HK drama with English subtitles. Don't understand chinese or cantonese.
And I only cast dramas that are 720p and 1080p to the TV. Tiny Cast for Chromecast will detect url video source quality and show all low and high quality url video source.

I suggest you use Adguard to block all unwanted advertisements from all browser apps and all other apps.
https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html
I am using adguard.

I never like ad. My smartphone is totally ad free.

For example, Channel News Asia, AsiaOne, Today online app .... they are all ad-free.

If you want free ad blocker for android. Here are a few you can try to see which one works for you. They don't just blocked ad in your browser but they also blocked ad from any other apps you are using.

https://block-this.com/

https://www.seven.com/android-adblocker-download.php

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...drain-0174614/

https://adbl0ck.com/

http://blokada.org/

You can try block-this and blokada ad blocker.

Ad-blocker will create a localize VPN. You will see a key symbol once it is active.

I wanted to give your above post a 'Like'; but before I could do it -- (at least) two of your posts today (including the one above) are already deleted by moderators.

This is -- one of the reasons -- why I no longer participate much in this forum.

LordeShinN

Reaction score
hi guys,

which android tv box is capable of connecting to a touch screen? I have a 23.6" touch monitor. connected it to an old xiaomi box but the touch don't work.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the thing I dun find any app with the shows... Btw, even if I can find, I can stream using Chromecast right?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

go to your facebook and read the group "new tv box sg".

too many apps for you to choose from.

mosasoma

Reaction score
I have been trying to wrap my head around all these boxes. Can't seem to exactly find an answer. Would like to know if there are recommendations for any Android TV boxes that support DVB-T2. If so, do you guys have any recommended resellers too?

I'm interested in the Nvidia shield and xiaomi box, but do they have DVB-T2 tuner function?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I have been trying to wrap my head around all these boxes. Can't seem to exactly find an answer. Would like to know if there are recommendations for any Android TV boxes that support DVB-T2. If so, do you guys have any recommended resellers too?

I'm interested in the Nvidia shield and xiaomi box, but do they have DVB-T2 tuner function?

Just buy a seperate DVB-T2 tuner? The Xiaomi and Nvidia shield boxes are the only android tv boxes available. The rest are just a tablet version of Android.

mosasoma

Reaction score
Hmm, the thing is, if possible im looking for an aio solution. Do i need to buy an external tuner for them? do you have any recommendations?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
The thing is if you are set on the Nvidia shield or the xiaomi box, there wont be any other alternatives that give you the same functionality or experience. You can search aliexpress or taobao see if any android tv boxes come with a DVB-T2 tuner.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the thing is, if possible im looking for an aio solution. Do i need to buy an external tuner for them? do you have any recommendations?

Yes there are tv boxes with dvb-t2 tuners built in but nobody sells them locally. You have to buy them online from oversea sellers. And they dont come cheap. They costs around $150 and up. If you can help it, just buy a tv box and a digital tuner seprately for below $100. And there is no reason not to unless the tv or monitor you using the boxes on dont have sufficent connectors to support 2 seperate devices.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices there like chop carrot . I honestly can't rec anyone to buy there.

Basic android tv box ard 30-40sgd only why spend 100+? too lazy to download and install apk?

VigilanteX

Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking of getting those cheap Android boxes, and install the apks myself, etc google play store instead of those more expensive branded ones with apps pre installed.

Any recommendations for these cheap but functional Android boxes?

Or should I get the Mi box 3 global version?

It is possible like to play video files on these boxes? Like for example download a video file from a browser, or upload video file from pc, and play it like a media player on these android boxes?

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking of getting those cheap Android boxes, and install the apks myself, etc google play store instead of those more expensive branded ones with apps pre installed.

Any recommendations for these cheap but functional Android boxes?

Or should I get the Mi box 3 global version?

It is possible like to play video files on these boxes? Like for example download a video file from a browser, or upload video file from pc, and play it like a media player on these android boxes?

Those official Android TV boxes will only have the play store tv version unlike the 3rd party boxes with the phone/tablet Google play store. I think you still can sideload unsupported APK in to the mibox manually.

To play a video file from local storage or network storage you can use Kodi. Not sure if there is a web browser for the official Android TV boxes.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
any setup box to watch world cup prefer those 4k ones pls give details on the channel and got lag or not tks

Microstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using these boxes on WiFi? Cable is not possible with my house layout so wanna check if wireless is fine as long as I get good coverage

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.