5kg ????? lol i think ezbuy trying to smoke u leh :s22:

my whole shipment only 6.4kg

which includes 2 haversack, 10 boxes of kimswipe

1 x digital 3kg weighing scale

2 x metal phone stand for tripod

2 pairs of speaker foams + 1 pcs subwoofer foam

dun use ezbuy liao...

i have been using oops since last year
i use ezbuy coz they neighborhood collection just next to my block.

but i see the price and price.
sianz

edit it was 4.37kg. 1 pair of 5inch. 1 pair of 6inch

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
If you get R1850DB it comes with a sub out... but then if get R1850DB might as well pay a bit more for R2000DB (which has no sub out but...)

The combination you mentioned will likely sound better than an M50W. Reusing the Klipsch subwoofer is a good idea.

There's one more option - instead of buying active speakers, replace the satellites with passive speakers. I would just gamble with this.
https://www.lazada.sg/products/camb...?spm=a2o42.seller.list.17.5bda2282FrEdFo&mp=1
agreed

8 chars

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coz air shipment consider volumetric weight mah, so big size the box even if inside is foam.

hoaaron

Reaction score
Should i get the logitect z625 since it show have offer or which other speaker should i get? Currently using th old school evo 7 lol. Was thinking between klipsch promedia vs m50w vs logitech z625

sumbody

Reaction score
Hi there HWZ people,

New to the Hi-Fi scene and would like some input on this if its the right place to ask.

Recently inherited a modified Proton AM200 Stereo Integrated Amplifier from my father and I'm looking to use it with my desktop/laptop setup for nearfield listening in a study room (normal size HDB flat bedroom). The Amp used to drive floor standers so passive bookshelves shouldn't be an issue.

I did my research on the net and narrowed down to probably 3 models to consider within my budget ($200-300+). Wharfedale Diamond (220 or older series), Mission LX-2, Q Acoustics 3020.

I have a FiiO E10k DAC connected to my computer so I don't have to use the onboard Realtek sound card.

Where can I demo all 3 speakers in Singapore and anyone with experience here can shed some light on the most suitable bookshelves for me? I listen to all sorts of music (pop, rock, jazz, just not EDM and stuff) and would imagine liking a warmer sound profile but would like decent bass since the speakers have to cater for the light gaming and movies too.

Thanks in advance.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should i get the logitect z625 since it show have offer or which other speaker should i get? Currently using th old school evo 7 lol. Was thinking between klipsch promedia vs m50w vs logitech z625

Of the 3 I would choose M50W easily if considering just sound quality

Problem is it usually lasts around 3 to 5 years before spoiling. If you can solder then not an issue.

Ironic as it has the longest warranty among the three, at 2 years.

That or the typical owners of Klipsch and Logitech are people who just throw when spoil and don't visit audio forums, we wouldn't know. When I was in the USA it was Logitech and Klipsch everywhere, but there their market dominance make sense because their prices are cheap. Here the prices are omgwtfbbq. M50W is actually priced 1.75 times of z625 in USA, yet still highly praised. (Though this may speak more about the nature of reviews in general than actual product performance.)

For $219 offer price, I say still okay lar, if you don't want to spend another $100 more.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wharfedale and Mission are both distributed and sold by City Electronics, Q Acoustics can find at Alpha Audio, I would visit Alpha Audio first because they have a wide range of brands.

When auditioning, take note speaker positioning plays a big role in amount of bass. When in doubt, go as big as possible.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not much love for Logitech here.
Anyway depend on usage and how serious you are into audio.
Monitor/bookshelf speaker will definitely be better
than PC speakers.

I just want to share Logitech got a new speaker G560 RGB
and DTS-X Ultra surround capable.
https://www.logitechg.com/en-sg/product/g560-rgb-gaming-speakers
Creative Katana is going to have a contender real soon.

Both got RGB lighting but Logitech one seems much better.

Kimber Ker

Reaction score
I have a SONIC GEAR DIGITAL ULTRA HIGH BASS 2.1 SOUND BAR SYSTEM
Whenever I turn it on, the blue screen will keep on blinking and there will be a stutter sound. How do i fix it?

Amon86

Reaction score
Not much love for Logitech here.
Anyway depend on usage and how serious you are into audio.
Monitor/bookshelf speaker will definitely be better
than PC speakers.

I just want to share Logitech got a new speaker G560 RGB
and DTS-X Ultra surround capable.
https://www.logitechg.com/en-sg/product/g560-rgb-gaming-speakers
Creative Katana is going to have a contender real soon.

Both got RGB lighting but Logitech one seems much better.

well I am a logitech follower in term of input peripheral like for gaming G910 & G903...I used to have Z5500 in my school days those are big bang for bucks love those...but the sad thing in life in audio is you get to choose to whether to maintain or upgrade to a better one....if you choose upgrade you are stuck on that level you can't go back...so logitech's for audio to me is a stepping stone to another level....you can either maintain with logitech's newer speaker upcoming or climb up the ladder which has no peak

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well I am a logitech follower in term of input peripheral like for gaming G910 & G903...I used to have Z5500 in my school days those are big bang for bucks love those...but the sad thing in life in audio is you get to choose to whether to maintain or upgrade to a better one....if you choose upgrade you are stuck on that level you can't go back...so logitech's for audio to me is a stepping stone to another level....you can either maintain with logitech's newer speaker upcoming or climb up the ladder which has no peak

True like phone, once into iPhone always iPhone. Lol!

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score

Here's my story. Klipsch Pro Media went busted. Initially thought it's gone case liaoz, since it's already 6+ years old, so went to get a Z623. Later after some online research, identified the core problem, ie just the foam surrounds worn out and disintegrated.

Relatively easy to fix ( went to Tai Cheong in SLT, $30 and done in just under 1 hour ).

Klipsch is back alive, and at the same time, did a short comparison VS Z623.

For music, even for EDM, I prefer Klipsch. Bass is tighter and more accurate as compared to the muddier and boomier Z623. Of course, Z623 is good for those action games or movies to feel the table or room shake, but other than that, I prefer Klipsch, since I listen to music more than gaming or movies on my PC.

PS, already swapped back to Klipsch on my desktop PC and packed the brand new Z623 into the box lol

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's my story. Klipsch Pro Media went busted. Initially thought it's gone case liaoz, since it's already 6+ years old, so went to get a Z623. Later after some online research, identified the core problem, ie just the foam surrounds worn out and disintegrated.

Relatively easy to fix ( went to Tai Cheong in SLT, $30 and done in just under 1 hour ).

Klipsch is back alive, and at the same time, did a short comparison VS Z623.

For music, even for EDM, I prefer Klipsch. Bass is tighter and more accurate as compared to the muddier and boomier Z623. Of course, Z623 is good for those action games or movies to feel the table or room shake, but other than that, I prefer Klipsch, since I listen to music more than gaming or movies on my PC.

PS, already swapped back to Klipsch on my desktop PC and packed the brand new Z623 into the box lol

My Klipsch used to have such issue also that I sold it off and get others.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The foam for subwoofer is to do what ah? Must cover the area of the subwoofer? Or just the "legs"?

Currently I'm only using the default 4 rubber legs thingy that comes w my sub.

Any foam can right? Recently got some feedback from downstairs neighboUr say vibration or some noise.

Last edited:

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
The foam for subwoofer is to do what ah? Must cover the area of the subwoofer? Or just the "legs"?

Currently I'm only using the default 4 rubber legs thingy that comes w my sub.

Any foam can right? Recently got some feedback from downstairs neighboUr say vibration or some noise.
legs is key area

foam is normally used to absorb sound.

oA7SarTl.png

behind the speaker like where the bass port is put foam on the wall is also good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.