Review of Zero1's Unlimited Data Mobile Plan

CyberAlex

Reaction score
I recently received my Zero1 simcard. The first 3GB of data is indeed un-throttled, with speeds of 30mbps average on 4G network. The nightmare begins after the first 3GB of data. The bandwidth dropped to a pathetic 1mbps (regardless if you are on 3G or 4G network) for ALL apps, even though Zero1 claimed that "WhatsApp, emails, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify and YouTube will work normally". A HD clip on Youtube cannot even play smoothly.

I emailed to Zero1 and this is their reply;
"The speed is not a static variable but it is dynamically adjusted according to the type of applications users are using, the network condition of the websites users are trying to reach and the network utilization at that time. Our objective is to give our customers a positive experience so that you would not have to worry about the technical matters!"

How can a user not worry when a basic HD video can't be streamed smoothly? For the benefit of doubt, I tried streaming a HD clip over Youtube during various times of the day and night, end result was the same.

This plan is really catered for users who use their smart phones just for basic data needs. For those who are looking for un-throttled unlimited data plan, you might have to forgo this provider.

Last edited:

CyberAlex

Reaction score
*Updates*
I kept asking them on how does the YouTube app can work normally after the first 3GB of data, they kept replying with standard corporate replies to deviate from the topic. I got fed up and requested to terminate their services. Guess what...termination requires 30 days of written notice! Great marketing BS by Zero1! Sign at your own risk!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.