 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the cap for apple still at 100 or its removed?

Apple pay has no limit if use at apple store to purchase products. Informed of this by Apple store staff when changing battery last weekend. All others should still have $100 cap

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are freaking useless

our govt usually take the wait and see approach, slowly do things...look at how convenient it is when using Sucia with Apple Pay for transport, simply tap and go, no need to even unlock (there is a setting to allow security if the user want)

I give up on Citibank Singapore already, inequality of treatment compare to USA customers, global brand but lack behind when come to support iOS users, missing out one huge pie locally. You don't support, i use other bank cards.

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple pay has no limit if use at apple store to purchase products. Informed of this by Apple store staff when changing battery last weekend. All others should still have $100 cap
Actually, the limit (if any) is set on the merchant's terminal.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If i'm not wrong, its apple store online, where you use your apple devices for apple pay purchases. I made my iPhone purchase using mac and authenticated with apple pay. Has anyone tried to pay physically at apple store orchard with >100 dollars purchase?

for physical store purchase, the 100 dollars limit should still apply according to MAS policy on contactless payment. Samsung pay is excluded in this due to MST technology. Of cos, with contactless tap, it still apply..

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor so I will be getting others and using others banks for my Apple Pay like uob ocbc Hsbc

Too bad Citibank reward is better but 2nd in line is Hsbc revolution card will be getting t next for ng apply pay

But I use uob for my japan suica top up it’s quite good on the exchange rates as I recall someone in hwz did mention uob use in japan is quite good rates

our govt usually take the wait and see approach, slowly do things...look at how convenient it is when using Sucia with Apple Pay for transport, simply tap and go, no need to even unlock (there is a setting to allow security if the user want)

I give up on Citibank Singapore already, inequality of treatment compare to USA customers, global brand but lack behind when come to support iOS users, missing out one huge pie locally. You don't support, i use other bank cards.

PongRareRare

Reaction score
If i'm not wrong, its apple store online, where you use your apple devices for apple pay purchases. I made my iPhone purchase using mac and authenticated with apple pay. Has anyone tried to pay physically at apple store orchard with >100 dollars purchase?

for physical store purchase, the 100 dollars limit should still apply according to MAS policy on contactless payment. Samsung pay is excluded in this due to MST technology. Of cos, with contactless tap, it still apply..

Actually there are restaurants that have higher restrictions. Can just ask when paying. Till this date, I know 2. The Nara Thai at vivo and one korean bbq restaurant at jem. Both accept more den $100 contactless

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score

It's the physical apple store. That is what the Apple staff told me.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually there are restaurants that have higher restrictions. Can just ask when paying. Till this date, I know 2. The Nara Thai at vivo and one korean bbq restaurant at jem. Both accept more den $100 contactless

Maybe the retailers have applied for limit removal through contactless and such, not too sure too.

According to UOB released statement, contactless purchases made through UOB Mighty app / Apple Pay have limits removed from some of the terminals. This suggests a software update to their terminals, which would progressively change over time to include all the terminals. The statement also mentioned that the limit is only lifted through their UOB terminals, while did not specify if OCBC/Citibank/Amex terminals are included as well.

However even with these exclusions, UOB included a small footnote that the current limit for paywave/paypass/amex are still capped at $100 by default, unless excluded from the limit above.

https://www.uobgroup.com/assets/pdfs/new-release/NR_UOB_lift_transaction.pdf

Nevertheless, 100 limit or no payment limit, just ask lor.

Later i go try apple store for >100 dollars purchase, see can make it or break it.

PetPet

Reaction score
In the Apple Store, you can make payments above 100$ with Apple Pay.

Maybe the retailers have applied for limit removal through contactless and such, not too sure too.

According to UOB released statement, contactless purchases made through UOB Mighty app / Apple Pay have limits removed from some of the terminals. This suggests a software update to their terminals, which would progressively change over time to include all the terminals. The statement also mentioned that the limit is only lifted through their UOB terminals, while did not specify if OCBC/Citibank/Amex terminals are included as well.

With regards to the UOB $100 terminal thing, it’s not some. It’s all of their UOB terminals. (which is a quite rare Pokémon in the wild).

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Definitely depends on merchants now. I have paid for dinners above $100 with my OCBC card, and I just paid $360 worth of IKEA stuff using my standchart card via apple pay lol.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yup, bought an Apple Watch($498) at Apple Orchard using Apple Pay. :s12:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Definitely depends on merchants now. I have paid for dinners above $100 with my OCBC card, and I just paid $360 worth of IKEA stuff using my standchart card via apple pay lol.

it depends on which bank's terminal. so far mostly are UOB readers with updated firmware. sometimes even the cashier didn't know. u have to try.
for apple/samsung/google/android pay >100, mostly no signature required.
for paywave/paypass >100, need signature.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.