SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Joffany

Reaction score
Are RT and IPT sessions essentially the same thing? So if my friend signs up for RT while I sign up for a IPT session on the same day and time we can get to train together?

Calander

Reaction score
nono...i understand IPT in 1 year window, RT in another 1 year cycle.

what i meant was.... By doing RT, i cleared 2 windows of requirements?
By completing RT, i cleared 2017 and also 2018 window cycle?

what i confuse was RT clearing previous cycle only or clearing 2 years cycle.

is all 1 year.. never ever a 2 years cycle.

so to say, if in Year 2 u still cannot complete "20-D" RT sessions, in Year 3 u will need to do "20-D" again. Where this "D" is the number of sessions u have attended in Year 2

Illustration:

Year 1 -
Attended 5 IPT

Year 2 -
Required to do: 20-5 = 15 RTs
Attended 5 RTs

Therefore, in Year 3-
Required to do: 20-5 = 15 RTs (plus subjected to more severe disciplinary actions)

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so to say, if in Year 2 u still cannot complete "20-D" RT sessions, in Year 3 u will need to do "20-D" again. Where this "D" is the number of sessions u have attended in Year 2

Illustration:

Year 1 -
Attended 5 IPT

Year 2 -
Attended 5 RTs

Therefore, in Year 3-
Required to do: 20-5 = 15 RTs (plus subjected to more severe disciplinary actions)

Thanks for the information, it help a lot. I will complete RT, and drag Year 3 requirement till MR.

Are RT and IPT sessions essentially the same thing? So if my friend signs up for RT while I sign up for a IPT session on the same day and time we can get to train together?
Yes, you can. Subjected to the same color group availability.

terrykorkor

Reaction score

Illustration:

Year 1 -
Attended 5 IPT

Year 2 -
Attended 5 RTs

Therefore, in Year 3-
I think, maybe people might have heard of some flaw in the RT system in the past. For the 1st year, you will just fail your ippt at the last day of your current 1st year window, and you will be asked to do RT on the second year window while your second year IPPT window opens.
However, after you completed your RT session in the 2nd year, your 2nd year IPPT window is automatically cleared too.
Effectively, you will only need to do RT every 2 years. I think laojiao might know what I am talking about here in the early days.
If you can pass your IPPT easily, then this is probably not a topic for you.

There are even ways to calculate the minimum amount of times you need to go to FCC (which includes risking and the amount of time you can get disciplinary warning from NS + the penalty cost of it). But I will not discuss this here.

However, NS.sg update their system 1-2 years ago and required soldiers to attend ippt asap or else face disciplinary action for that year (in term of window). You will need to clear ippt (as pass status, or through completion of ipt/rt) for every window. So, I believe, the patch up the loophole.

Actually, I think going for RT/IPT is good. At least a few days of exercise is the healthy choice isn't it.

nhakim

Reaction score
Bedok FCC "Special" RT Sessions

Hi, does anyone know when does Bedok FCC have their kpop/MMA etc RT sessions?

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know when does Bedok FCC have their kpop/MMA etc RT sessions?

Dunno abt Bedok but Kpop available at Khatib but only on Thursday, u have to try ur luck cuz FCC always change the program ;)

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need anymore IPPT as your MR will be held before this workyear closure (Apr'18). Unless it is after.

congrats.

If you MRed, no more IPPT for you. Doesn't matter if you clear, no clear. After you MRed, wait for a few days go inside your NS portal. Under IPPT there will put not applicable. :)

Thks guys

My MR date is on 01/04/18
Though my NS portal still requires me to take ippt I shall wait after April and then see how ;)

SpeedyGonzo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be going for my first RT session this week at 7pm at Maju. I'll be rushing from work so ETA is exactly 7pm. I'm afraid I'll be slightly late if there's a jam. Any idea what the cutoff time is for inpro?

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be going for my first RT session this week at 7pm at Maju. I'll be rushing from work so ETA is exactly 7pm. I'm afraid I'll be slightly late if there's a jam. Any idea what the cutoff time is for inpro?

latest about 10mins n u are to be already properly attired.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi friends, has anyone done the Tues 1230pm IPT at bedok camp before? Does it really end at 145pm sharp? I'm looking to try this during my office lunch and hope to be back in office by 215. Bit of squeeze if it ends only at 145 sharp.

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to check if I haven't completed my RT after I MR, do I need to complete the RT? Had went for a few sessions before I MR.

Calander

Reaction score
Would like to check if I haven't completed my RT after I MR, do I need to complete the RT? Had went for a few sessions before I MR.

basically after MR, u do not need to complete RT or do anymore IPPT

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one knows if maju camp is using the sit up and push up machines? or still manual?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.