Apple's education-themed launch, the new 9.7 ipad

radiancez567

Reaction score
Laminated screen a lot of diff. In fact even iPad mini 4 uses laminated screen. The screen in ipad 2018 is 2014 tech. IPad Air 2 and Mini 4, pro lineup all using laminated screen. This A10 processor dunno use what graphics chip also. But for the price diff, still worth it if you compare basic model to basic pro model. If want get higher capacity and cellular and keyboard etc, Best is get pro. I am using 12.9. Inch iPad Pro 2nd gen really outperforms my surface pro 4 for media consumption

I got the iPad Pro 10.5, no regrets. The stereo speakers and screen. Woo.

Eidekos

Reaction score
Interesting. Very good price. Just enough to complement the phone inside the house.

But is it still not laminated? will it matter? even its already retina display?

pwnies5600

Reaction score
I've been looking for something to replace my 2012 MBP as a note taking device and this new ipad seems quite a tempting purchase since it supports apple pencil now.

Or perhaps should I wait for a new mb / mb air?

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Very good price. Just enough to complement the phone inside the house.

But is it still not laminated? will it matter? even its already retina display?

Laminated is a big diff. The non laminated screen is iPad Air 1 technology. No use one la

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier on I was comparing both the Pro’s full laminated display against the 2018 iPad without the full laminated display. Honestly there IS indeed a difference between the two and definitely the laminated one looks better, though the difference isn’t drastic.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Apple is slowly opening up the gap between iPad and iPad Pro

iPad (entry level) - everyone can afford. Entry specs, non laminated
iPad Pro (business or expert level) - price high. High end specs. Laminated screen

Just like car. Suck thumb one. U want a better car, fork out more $. I went to the shop to have a look. Seriously u can’t tell the difference. When we use iPad, we are focused on the content rather than the screen. Just like Oled and 4K. My friend swore how good oled black color is but who cares.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even my mini 4's laminated screen looks better than the new iPad.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad Pro:
+ laminated screen
+ anti-reflective screen
+ ProMotion
+ Smart Connector

buyer decide if it's worth e extra ~$500 🤔

Last edited:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol! Mini 4 cost more than iPad lo.

IPad mini 4 screen is much better. If they bump the specs to A10 processor confirm alot of People buy. Very good for iOS gaming, reading books and portable. 333 grams only I think

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol! Mini 4 cost more than iPad lo.

Not really. If take 128GB wifi model, mini is $598 compared to the iPad’s $648. Taking the iPad’s larger screen size as extra cost, both are around similar priced.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPad mini 4 screen is much better. If they bump the specs to A10 processor confirm alot of People buy. Very good for iOS gaming, reading books and portable. 333 grams only I think

My wifi one only 298g haha.... Sadly Apple never refreshed the mini 4, else I’d definitely buy it. Now waiting for new iPad Pro this year to upgrade from my mini 4.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wifi one only 298g haha.... Sadly Apple never refreshed the mini 4, else I’d definitely buy it. Now waiting for new iPad Pro this year to upgrade from my mini 4.

Yeah lol. I think they not going to launch mini 5 ba. I sold my mini 4 lte. Now using 12.9 inch iPad Pro dam good

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah lol. I think they not going to launch mini 5 ba. I sold my mini 4 lte. Now using 12.9 inch iPad Pro dam good

I absolutely love the mini's size. Actually I was hoping there's a 'mini Pro' haha...but I suppose it'll never come. I'll still keep my mini 4 even after I get my new iPad, but the new one still need to wait until after WWDC in early June.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true. I forgot about e stereo speakers. so that's 5 things e Pro has to it's advantage.

The 'Pro' designation has its advantages over a regular product, usually featuring more advanced hardware.

Cost between the regular iPad and the 10.5" Pro (base model) is almost double.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now flagship iPads also hitting 2k mark with accessories. Zz. Last time flagship ipad like 1.1k only

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.