Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
That time my colleague unplug and plug back liao. Start liao still the same.

No leh. Only car camera loh.

If you can get voltage reading, monitor your voltage when car is running. Should be 13v and above. Else alternator may not be working well already.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to this shop at skudai call kings motorsport, specialize in audio.

Did my 2 way active tuning there, must say very impress by their tuning.. sit in my car for 2hr+ to tune. Not like those sg shop tune a while say ok. And best thing is tuning price is half 1/2 of SG.

Can visit them for people who wanna play ice n low budget, seem they have some malaysia brand speaker n dsp which sound impressive.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

This one. Can go try since got good review

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has lobang to install Magic collar at JB? Price should include product, installation and alignment. SG is about $340 total. Thnx!

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been there 3 times and I noticed they dont really take initiative to check everything to let you know what needs to replace. Normally you need to tell them specifically what to check then they will check. Other than this, their service and price is good

yeah. only bad point i can think of ah yuan is they should have at least some checklist to check thru some stuff instead of we tell him what to check then he check. sometime got a few issue but really cannot remember all and one shot tell him.

anyone know roughly how much ah yuan charge for tyre rotation?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's from AK workshop. I find the price + installation abit too step for a replica product. Magic collar is the same as stiff ring right?

I remember this one started by SPOON, rigid collar or some name. Unnecessary unless you go track.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah. only bad point i can think of ah yuan is they should have at least some checklist to check thru some stuff instead of we tell him what to check then he check. sometime got a few issue but really cannot remember all and one shot tell him.

Sg workshops that check this/that then tell you need to change this/that - you say they are pushing for sales. LOL

Actually to the Malaysians, nothing spoil nothing to check/replace.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score

actually, its quite simple. As car owner, you should roughly know the condition of your car. Got sound, got this, got that, you should know it. Make your own checklist before heading down. I do that so i make sure he covers all my suspicion. To make things simple, everytime i visit them, i will tell them my problem, ask ah yuan to test drive. Test drive is very very important. After he test drive, he will tell you the issue or he will check for you. I think ah yuan also want you to save some money. Don't everything also change. Of course, he can tell you to change everything, but are you ready for it? Those parts that can use a bit longer, he will tell you not to change. Of course, if its worn or unusable anymore, he will advice you to change. And to change or not, he also won't force you. So do you want a mechanic who tells you to change everything, even at the slightest suspicion or wait awhile longer, drive it out and have a more obvious telltale sign before changing? There is a reason why we recommend ah yuan. If you think of it, this is one of it.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is good to have checklist cos most of sg workshops do that to show the work
process.... naturally, sg car owners are tuned to this concept.

In Jb, please tune to go along the JB way of getting the repair fixed.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Not sure for tyre rotation only, I went in to do rotation+alignment+balancing for RM45.

Is alignment+balancing a must during tyre rotation? :s13:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Good price bro.. LCH brothers or LCH ?

LCH brothers @ 2, Jln Perkasa 3, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia

Scare me for a moment, I've been speaking with Ah Yuan for quite some time scarli is not Ah Yuan :s13:

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, its quite simple. As car owner, you should roughly know the condition of your car. Got sound, got this, got that, you should know it. Make your own checklist before heading down. I do that so i make sure he covers all my suspicion. To make things simple, everytime i visit them, i will tell them my problem, ask ah yuan to test drive. Test drive is very very important. After he test drive, he will tell you the issue or he will check for you. I think ah yuan also want you to save some money. Don't everything also change. Of course, he can tell you to change everything, but are you ready for it? Those parts that can use a bit longer, he will tell you not to change. Of course, if its worn or unusable anymore, he will advice you to change. And to change or not, he also won't force you. So do you want a mechanic who tells you to change everything, even at the slightest suspicion or wait awhile longer, drive it out and have a more obvious telltale sign before changing? There is a reason why we recommend ah yuan. If you think of it, this is one of it.

I know but i feel is always good if can say which part not so good or what. then ultimately, is up for car owner to decide to change anot

Is good to have checklist cos most of sg workshops do that to show the work
process.... naturally, sg car owners are tuned to this concept.

In Jb, please tune to go along the JB way of getting the repair fixed.

Guess this is how an honest JB workshop work. will tune to their way of things and remember to do a list out in my phone incase i forget

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LCH brothers @ 2, Jln Perkasa 3, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia

Scare me for a moment, I've been speaking with Ah Yuan for quite some time scarli is not Ah Yuan :s13:

this one confirm is ah yuan. i got whatsapp him and his whatsapp profile put his photo. same guy i saw at the workshop.

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember this one started by SPOON, rigid collar or some name. Unnecessary unless you go track.

Exactly. I'm planning to go to track with my colleagues. Just want to push this car to its max. :X

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going in JB later to hunt for stiff ring. Any jb workshop sells quality car mat? Eg those 3M type? Thnx!

lurker88

Reaction score

I dont think I have spoken to ah yuan during my past 2 visits. First time was the guy wearing shirt. The 2nd time liaised directly with their mech wearing specs. During my last visit, they didnt issue any receipt to me until i requested for it, thus the hand written one. It was until when I was about to leave when i saw one spore reg veh arriving and requesting for ah yuan. Seems like a quiet guy as all along he was quietly doing his stuff at one corner without much interaction . is he the boss or one of the mech?

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.