Need help with jpae

inversedark

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i applied for JPAE 2018 and was rejected today despite applying for 3 years straight. I was from electronics engineering in higher nitec but sadly graduated with only 2.3gpa. I have already completed my NS and now i am very lost and don't know what should i do. Can someone give me any sort of advice? i am thinking if i should redo Higher Nitec.

Asdfghjklz

Reaction score
Maybe you should go private or try applying for DAE offered by the different polytechnics, preferably RP or NYP as it's easier to get into those polytechnics

selcargo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i applied for JPAE 2018 and was rejected today despite applying for 3 years straight. I was from electronics engineering in higher nitec but sadly graduated with only 2.3gpa. I have already completed my NS and now i am very lost and don't know what should i do. Can someone give me any sort of advice? i am thinking if i should redo Higher Nitec.

Go find employment in your field of expertise and apply part time diploma, your experience in the work related field will greatly benefit your studies, visa versa.

I have friends that have taken up part time diploma and they were able grasp the lessons easily and then ace all their exams.

When you are 30 or 40 or 50 yrs old, 1-2 extra years to purse your education is negligible. My 2 cents worth.

toffee3

Reaction score
I feel you bro

HNitec 3 ****ing point 8 and yet still got rejected

Don't even know if I can appeal this or something, really thinking of dropping this **** and just starting work already

stfuryan

Reaction score
I feel you bro

Don't even know if I can appeal this or something, really thinking of dropping this **** and just starting work already

3.8 and rejected, seriously? may I know what course you applied to, I thought it was mainly those < 3 cgpa that get rejected. my friends below 3 never tio any of their courses. got some put 8 choices also never tio.

inversedark

Reaction score
i head from my friend saying that if i go for private diploma and complete it, i can apply for local poly after that. can anyone confirm this?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel you bro

What course did you applied for?

I scored 3.1 after CCA bonus point and I got a place in a poly course, albeit the course intake points is around 3.0-3.199

Last edited:

Llamahere

Reaction score
I feel you bro

Serious? 3.8 kena rejected by all 8 choices?!

virus1988

Banned
Reaction score
i head from my friend saying that if i go for private diploma and complete it, i can apply for local poly after that. can anyone confirm this?

Don't think so. Poly entry requirement is look from N'level results, O'level results, ITE results... No private diploma written as their entry requirement because private diploma will lead you to private degree... Do you have the bonus 0.2 points CCA? Did you include it in? If 2.5 then got chance cos certain poly courses just need 2.5 minimum..

inversedark

Reaction score
sadly i do not have any cca... i think i will try applying for kaplan since i don't think i have any chance to get into local poly

virus1988

Banned
Reaction score
sadly i do not have any cca... i think i will try applying for kaplan since i don't think i have any chance to get into local poly

I think still can but probably have to take a different route? If your end goal is to enter local poly, then you may try apply the part time diploma from all the 5 local poly using your ite cert. Then after you complete the part time diploma, you can apply for local uni part time degree (nus, suss, etc...). So end of the day, you will still end up in local poly.

Another way is to try re-take your N'level or O'level subjects which you did not do well in. Try to score and improve on that subject grade so at least you stand a chance to enter poly with your improved overall points.

Worse case scenario is redo your ite to get a better GPA which I feel is redundant. Not only waste time but also you might not get govt subsidy cos you did it second time and will be very expensive. But overall I still feel ite cert is much better and valuable than kaplan diploma in terms of job application in the workforce. But if you really going for kaplan diploma, then make sure go all the way until degree. Doesnt matter degree from same kaplan or wherever, continue all the way to degree and don't stop at diploma.

maggigoreng

Reaction score
perhaps you could try skillsfuture or earn and learn programme at the respective local polytechnics? heard a lot of positive results from family and friends

Last edited:

toffee3

Reaction score
3.8 and rejected, seriously? may I know what course you applied to, I thought it was mainly those < 3 cgpa that get rejected. my friends below 3 never tio any of their courses. got some put 8 choices also never tio.
What course did you applied for?

I scored 3.1 after CCA bonus point and I got a place in a poly course, albeit the course intake points is around 3.0-3.199
Cybersecurity

Serious? 3.8 kena rejected by all 8 choices?!
I think I might have messed up here because I didn't fill up all 8 choices
I literally picked only Cybersecurity, left the other choices empty, and then disabled the option to put me in a related course if I couldn't get my picks

stfuryan

Reaction score
Cybersecurity

I literally picked only Cybersecurity, left the other choices empty, and then disabled the option to put me in a related course if I couldn't get my picks

I think can try appeal la since 3.8, email the poly's admission dept.

I didn't put all 8 choices too, only 3 and ticked that option as well. later kena some ** course :s12:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cybersecurity

Whoa you playing a risk leh.. :eek:

I just filled up all 8 choices because why waste those choices available to you. :o

shalala1234

Reaction score
2.3 is pretty Low, if you have at least 2.5 above, you would have stand some chance, the best option is not to select popular courses in your choice or else’s lack of chance to get in one of the slot
Hi guys,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.