Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
Maybank 1.65 /12 months
Min 50k

Maybank has additional requirement. It's not straightforward FD.
I don't like

Maybank used to have "attractive" FD rates compared to others. But it has lots of pattern now for FD.

Every S$1,000 deposited into Maybank Current or Savings accounts
(minimum S$5,000)
You can deposit S$10,000 into Maybank Singapore Dollar Time Deposit accounts (minimum S$50,000)
Receive up to
1.65% p.a. on your Maybank Singapore Dollar Time Deposit

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
What does it mean when banks are starting to offer higher rates than before?
Is it a signal for crisis?

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks thanks 😊
what i mean is. For those who place in maybank last month. have they receive their bonus interest today yet? i have place a sum in February and March without touching. i have gotten February's bonus interest on 5th March. but today i haven't receive March's bonus interest yet. i thought so long i don't touch the sum for consecutive 2 months. I'm entitled to 2 months bonus interest credit in month by month? I'm referring to this promo https://singpromos.com/banks-credit...it-fresh-funds-from-1-jan-31-mar-2018-212403/

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybank has additional requirement. It's not straightforward FD.
I don't like

Maybank used to have "attractive" FD rates compared to others. But it has lots of pattern now for FD.

Every S$1,000 deposited into Maybank Current or Savings accounts
(minimum S$5,000)
You can deposit S$10,000 into Maybank Singapore Dollar Time Deposit accounts (minimum S$50,000)
Receive up to
1.65% p.a. on your Maybank Singapore Dollar Time Deposit

i agree with you. i prefer straight forward ones. I'm also avoiding maybank for such placements. what if i forgot go use the $. hope maybank can go back to more old school placement.

savinmax

Reaction score
Thanks thanks 😊
what i mean is. For those who place in maybank last month. have they receive their bonus interest today yet? i have place a sum in February and March without touching. i have gotten February's bonus interest on 5th March. but today i haven't receive March's bonus interest yet. i thought so long i don't touch the sum for consecutive 2 months. I'm entitled to 2 months bonus interest credit in month by month? I'm referring to this promo https://singpromos.com/banks-credit...it-fresh-funds-from-1-jan-31-mar-2018-212403/

Isnt the interest for the 1.65%p.a. FD given upfront ? Why wait monthly ?

see point 5 of T&C

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/pdf/promos/tnc-deposits-bundle.pdf

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree with you. i prefer straight forward ones. I'm also avoiding maybank for such placements. what if i forgot go use the $. hope maybank can go back to more old school placement.

you can't use those $$$ earmarked for promotional deposit

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
go check your account online, you see difference between current & available balance

oic.. they will hold the amount. that's really good. so as to prevent accidental transfer out or deduction where it meant to be kept aside instead.

Axelwolf

Reaction score
Maybank promo for 12 months 1.30% to 1.4%i

Standard Chartered offered 1.35% to 1.4% for 5 months. Slightly better i guess

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Maybank promo for 12 months 1.30% to 1.4%i

Standard Chartered offered 1.35% to 1.4% for 5 months. Slightly better i guess
For maybank, open a joint account with senior for time deposit and get extra 0.25%pa, not applicable for isavvy

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.