ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

Reaction score
Oh. LOL. VQ trying to bring back the raptor plans from ages past LOL.

Is it so that when people search VQ raptor review they only get the good reviews from donkey years ago? LOL.

I thought still April Fool Day sia. Laugh die me.

AC2

Reaction score
At first i thought also how come got raptor plan then i saw on VQ website really got the raptor plan again wor.

j

Reaction score
http://blog.viewqwest.com/viewqwest-introduces-1gbps-raptor-gamer-bundle/

To the casual gamers, the one thing worse than losing itself, is losing due to lag. Lag can be caused by poor network stability which can lead to frequent in-game disconnections and high latency. This is especially so for international games such as FIFA16, Final Fantasy XIV, Dota2 and CS. We are often punished by games for disconnecting too frequently, either by being put into low priority queues or temporary account suspensions. For professional gamers who flaunt their gaming prowess on international streaming platforms such as Twitch or YouTube, it is slow Internet that will be the bane of your career. However, such injustice shall come to an end with better Internet services and equipment.

LOL. I'm thinking those that sign up will lose more MMR and ranks and punished into low priority more often than before they sign up with VQ.

Resonance

Reaction score
ok then you can go fast 100km on local roads but once you reach woodlands checkpoint become 10 km/h stop move stop move to go malaysia then what's the point of buying ferrari? you buy ferrari to zip around singapore at 100 km/h from traffic light to traffic light bumper to bumper only or to show off?

i am not saying you do not deserve 1gbps for what you paid. what i am asking is getting 1gbps LOCALLY only worth your money or not. end of day overseas bandwidth matters most and there is a reason why its expensive for isps to buy

I get what you meant, that's why I say, if they have 300mbps plan, then give me that plan and charge me at $20 instead of $49.

The typical plans around the telco are usually 1gb. Say usually, people eat a "normal" size plate of chicken rice for $4, but commonly nowadays they sell 1 plate at "twice" the size but most people won't be able to finish the plate, then I charge you $10...

End up you have to "commonly" keep paying $10 just for the chicken rice you can't finish, but you tell the seller you want half a plate, he say don't have.

And yes, I have some stuff that I sort of utilize at least 70% of my 1gb locally.
But not constantly.

Resonance

Reaction score
I previously had this issue with my asus ac66u. had to constantly factory reset it and the speed will be back to normal.. Finally changed to the ac88u and the problem was solved.

Thanks, will try that.

Cause previously I was getting 650mbps consistently. (still quite low average compared to other ISP).

Then 1 day without any updating of my router, i get 300mbps capped. While my upload can hit the max 500mbps. :s13:

Last edited:

AC2

Reaction score
Are u checking the speed via the speedtest.net website? Last time using IE, i can constantly hit 900/900 + but last few mth i notice my upload seems to cap around 600. I then switch over to chrome to test and the 900/900 came back again. I am not sure whether its IE issue or chrome or even the website but u can use different browser to test.

My hardwares remains the same during the period.

Resonance

Reaction score
Are u checking the speed via the speedtest.net website? Last time using IE, i can constantly hit 900/900 + but last few mth i notice my upload seems to cap around 600. I then switch over to chrome to test and the 900/900 came back again. I am not sure whether its IE issue or chrome or even the website but u can use different browser to test.

My hardwares remains the same during the period.

This is my Direct LAN to the modem results form my PC using Chrome

I tried using Edge browser, gets about 300mbps instead.

I previously had this issue with my asus ac66u. had to constantly factory reset it and the speed will be back to normal.. Finally changed to the ac88u and the problem was solved.

As above... so no, don't think it's my router problem. Am using AC87U. Thinking of changing to Edgerouter Lite.

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score

As above... so no, don't think it's my router problem. Am using AC87U. Thinking of changing to Edgerouter Lite.

Use a different pc?

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score

Nice I'm having the same issue now. Too lazy to resolve....

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. LOL. VQ trying to bring back the raptor plans from ages past LOL.

Is it so that when people search VQ raptor review they only get the good reviews from donkey years ago? LOL.

I thought still April Fool Day sia. Laugh die me.
I think the only difference is the router?

Other than that, all is the same?

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.