 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One word — cmi

yes he mentioned 2019 although news said 1st quarter of 2018.

internal staff testing based on virtual device number, then they will face a lot of issues like removing and re-adding cards, change iphones, change watches... then the internal trial will fail. then they need to think of a way to flexibly add virtual device numbers for public users... i think the whole process will drag until next year. :D :s13:

maybe visa support will come first which is scheduled mid of 2018.

tanandy77

Reaction score
Mobile payments trial on ABT

For those who are interested:

https:

//abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Important%20Notice.pdf

Leapin_Toufu

Reaction score
LTA is currently doing trials. I will let you guys know how it all goes after April 4th :spin:
Some thoughts on this ABT using mobile wallet...

-one needs to activate and turn on Wallet, by double tap on side of IPX, pass FaceID, before reach gantry

-make sure it says 'hold near reader', then proceed to tap iPhone on the sensor

-do the same when comes to exit gantry

-it is NOT exactly just pull out phone, straightaway tap on gantry sensor, and the gantry will immediately open

-a bit troublesome, but i guess it is not too difficult to get used to

-however one thing i find disconcerting, is I can no longer see how much is my fare when I tap and exit. It only shows "Bank Card Usage" on the gantry screen

-the only way to check how much was my fare is to go to the Transitlink app, log in to your account and look for your travel in "My Statements"

-and then again, I have to wait one day, for that transaction to appear in "My Statements"

Last edited:

PetPet

Reaction score
May not work nicely on the phone.
But it’ll be really smooth on the watch though.

tanandy77

Reaction score
I printed that page and brought it to one of the 3 service centers mentioned to register my device. Works fine for me now.

Chips

Reaction score
Can use Apple Watch instead of iPhone to register for the mobile if they are both using the same Mastercard on Apple Pay?

Slavor

Reaction score
Going by the document posted earlier, it should work. Now the only question is whether they have a way of tracking whether you are allowed to participate in the trial and whether still got slots :p

Can use Apple Watch instead of iPhone to register for the mobile if they are both using the same Mastercard on Apple Pay?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going by the document posted earlier, it should work. Now the only question is whether they have a way of tracking whether you are allowed to participate in the trial and whether still got slots :p

I'll share more on this after 2pm, or rather around the timing.. :D

tec_geek

Reaction score
Just managed to register both my iPhone and Apple Watch.

Had to open up the Wallet app, select the card that we (or you) want to register as the virtual card and place it near the terminal, which they would bring it out.

Applies the same for the Apple Watch as well.

EDIT:
And here’s the free gift once we register the virtual device(s).
j0E2BJb.jpg

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Steady. So you'll need to wait 7 days before you can use It?

Just managed to register both my iPhone and Apple Watch.

Had to open up the Wallet app, select the card that we (or you) want to register as the virtual card and place it near the terminal, which they would bring it out.

Applies the same for the Apple Watch as well.

Meatfactory

Reaction score

Should be able to participate.

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Frequently Asked Questions.pdf

B.4, no. 22 states just need to bring the invitation poster. I suppose the invitation poster is the pdf document one of the forum member posted earlier.

22. Can I take part in the Mobile Payments Trial if I am an existing card user of ABT
Pilot with Mastercard?

Yes, please visit TransitLink Ticket Offices at selected stations (Buona Vista, City Hall and
Tampines MRT Stations) to register your mobile wallet. Please present the Mobile
Payments Trial invitation poster with your mobile device. There is no need to register for
an ABT Account again.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.