Dental clinic in jb

hwsstx

Reaction score
Hi, can i check if they accept credit card? Your first visit is consultation only or they will start doing RC on the same day? Any xray done?

In my case for Crowning, the dentist started immediately; X-ray was performed.

I paid by cash, over the 3/4 visits. You can call them to enquire about credit card payment.

Last edited:

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
comparable to same procedure done here, clean environment lady dentist and recep are friendly and approachable.

going back for teeth whitening this thursday, appointment made through whatsapp since they have my record on file.

Cheers

Hi!

How is your teeth whitening experience? Do you feel sensitive after doing? Is it white?

zeyarlinaung

Reaction score
another clinic near pla pelangi

I regularly visited one dental clinic opposite to Plaza Pelangi. Not because i know this is better or any comparison, just that i see it and went in there before on first visit, then subsequently go there for myself, family and parents.

Dr Yang dental clinic, it is opposite plz pelangi on jln tebrau. On 2nd floor. Simple no frill clinic, Doctor Yang is gentle and kind. Not much complaints nor complements as I only do filling and cleaning and satisfied. One doctor only. rates, i don't remember but i think normal price in JB, cheap in SG version.

34-A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century,
mon,tue,wed 9am-6:30pm
thu 9am-1pm
fri,sat 9am-5pm
sun close

seuZach_T90

Reaction score
Hi!

How is your teeth whitening experience? Do you feel sensitive after doing? Is it white?

Depends on your sensitivity. I went with my SO and we both did the same procedure. She was totally fine but mine hurt like sh*t for the first 2 days. After that it was ok.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on your sensitivity. I went with my SO and we both did the same procedure. She was totally fine but mine hurt like sh*t for the first 2 days. After that it was ok.

So you paid RM1500 for the teeth whitening? How's the results? Is it whiter?

proddy

Reaction score
I just extracted a badly decayed tooth and it cost me $200... i think the doc gave me 3 jabs in total to the gums. maybe that's why it cost more? painful not just to my teeth but my wallet!
i have to go back to remove the stitches.

now that there is a gap, it seems like root canal + crowning is the best option since im quite sure im not going to use dentures. bridging seems like it could lead to worst scenarios.
he said it would cost around 2k in total for that one tooth replacement. my heart sank. then he said can claim medisave...so total is still around 1k +? cant remember... he said it was going to be a 8-9 month process altogether...i didnt know it was that complicated until he said have to wait another 4 months before he crown it.
Anyhow, seems like doing in JB is the next best option. i think i will most probably go for it and go for checkups there in future......my previous dentist retired/sold her clinic years ago and I havent gone for checks in years.

so from what i read its around 2kMYR for the whole process.... and advised to go early...anything else i need to know?
how much cash should i bring on my first visit.

funky05

Reaction score
I just extracted a badly decayed tooth and it cost me $200... i think the doc gave me 3 jabs in total to the gums. maybe that's why it cost more? painful not just to my teeth but my wallet!

now that there is a gap, it seems like root canal + crowning is the best option since im quite sure im not going to use dentures. bridging seems like it could lead to worst scenarios.
he said it would cost around 2k in total for that one tooth replacement. my heart sank. then he said can claim medisave...so total is still around 1k +? cant remember... he said it was going to be a 8-9 month process altogether...i didnt know it was that complicated until he said have to wait another 4 months before he crown it.
Anyhow, seems like doing in JB is the next best option. i think i will most probably go for it and go for checkups there in future......my previous dentist retired/sold her clinic years ago and I havent gone for checks in years.

so from what i read its around 2kMYR for the whole process.... and advised to go early...anything else i need to know?
Which clinic u went to ?

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Regular scaling and polishing not worth the trip as you can just go to polyclinic. Less than sgd$50 per visit.

If you wanna go to CH Tee.. for my case, the first deposit amount was up to me. Anyway, if there is a gap, shouldn't you do implant instead? Since the decayed tooth is already extracted.

Also, I think tooth extraction and implants are considered surgical procedures. Means you can claim from medisave. So you might actually end up paying lesser hard cash if done in sg.

Last edited:

proddy

Reaction score
the dr also clarified that my total $ outlay after medisave claim will be around mid $1xxx.
he was jumping between total $2xxx-3xxx during my 2 visits.

1st to do root canal ( i suppose this is the implanting process). 2nd to crown.
So vs done in MY, total outlay up to 2000MYR, its a no brainer i guess. Am i missing anything out?

PIDANEGGIE

Reaction score
Finished my root canal and crowning. Total damage 1900rm. Saved almost 800-1k sgd. Made a total of 4 visits. The queue and jam at the customs during this holiday period is a biatch...

If one wants privacy, state of art equipment, and one on one attention and dedication, this is not the place for you. Strictly a no frills clinic for the masses.
I am from Singapore, would like to go JB for root canal and crown treatment for my molar tooth as it is split and there seem to be foul smell from that tooth. I saw your post, would like to inquire about it.

1)if I go on my first visit, will they be able to do root canal on my first visit or its just normal consultation and I need to go 2nd time for the root treatment? as I am staying in singapore kind of inconvenient because of the traffic jam.

2) total how many times I need to go and how much is the total cost? 1900 ringgit as mentioned in post?

3) are the dentist qualified endodontist? which dentist would you recommend for root and crown treatment?

Thank you.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prefer not to disclose. the dr said becos mine was surgical in a way so it was more expensive. otherwise regular tooth removal was $80.

polyclinic like here?
https://www.nhgp.com.sg/Our_Services/Dental_Services/Subsidised_basic_dental_services/

implants advised to be done but some 4-5 months later to let my gums heal as i had minor surgery done to remove the decayed tooth

Yes. U can call them up to make an appointment. Usually cost $40+ for a 6 monthly visit for scaling and polishing.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the dr also clarified that my total $ outlay after medisave claim will be around mid $1xxx.
he was jumping between total $2xxx-3xxx during my 2 visits.

1st to do root canal ( i suppose this is the implanting process). 2nd to crown.
So vs done in MY, total outlay up to 2000MYR, its a no brainer i guess. Am i missing anything out?

I may be wrong but root canal is not implants. Hence my earlier query on why u need root canal since the decayed tooth is already extracted. Unless you meant another tooth. It is usually extraction vs root canal (if tooth can be saved).

If you only need implants, the last I checked was RM5k+ and up. I chose to go for root canal to try to save the tooth first.

It would be a wasted trip if you got your prognosis wrong.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am from Singapore, would like to go JB for root canal and crown treatment for my molar tooth as it is split and there seem to be foul smell from that tooth. I saw your post, would like to inquire about it.

1)if I go on my first visit, will they be able to do root canal on my first visit or its just normal consultation and I need to go 2nd time for the root treatment? as I am staying in singapore kind of inconvenient because of the traffic jam.

2) total how many times I need to go and how much is the total cost? 1900 ringgit as mentioned in post?

3) are the dentist qualified endodontist? which dentist would you recommend for root and crown treatment?

Thank you.

1) consultation and procedure done on my first visit. Was in pain already, so really glad they started working on it the moment we agreed on the price. If you can wait, go after the June holidays.

2) I made a total of 4 visits. I believe it depends on the complexity of the procedure too. There is also a risk that your tooth cannot be saved so u may end up making more visits. Rm1900 was the price I paid, and it includes the x-rays and misc too. Iirc, sg ones charge these separately.

3) can't really answer on their behalf. You have to call to ask, if u can get through. I was attended by Dr Cheng. A lady in her late 40s or early 50s. Pretty ok with her demeanor.

As mentioned in my earlier posts, you have to manage your expectations. They have a different working style and culture than sg. Hope it works out well for you.

proddy

Reaction score
I may be wrong but root canal is not implants. Hence my earlier query on why u need root canal since the decayed tooth is already extracted. Unless you meant another tooth. It is usually extraction vs root canal (if tooth can be saved).

If you only need implants, the last I checked was RM5k+ and up. I chose to go for root canal to try to save the tooth first.

It would be a wasted trip if you got your prognosis wrong.
thanks for the update
hmmm yes my decayed tooth has been removed completely. and yes i need an implant followed by a crown. sorry i got root canal all mixed up with implant.

https://www.doctorxdentist.com/dental-implant-costs-singapore-dentist-tells-all
seems like i can claim S$1250 from medisave. my first dentist gave me a S$3k quote total. my outlay would be ~S$1.8k
if 5.5kMYR is similar to SG pricing S$1.8k. lppl. hahaha
Guess i will make an appointment at polyclinic to have another quote.

proddy

Reaction score
wait crowning seems to be another cost ?
my 1st dr said s$3k+ for everything before subsidy.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to CH Tee to do usual cleaning and polishing. 100rm. really pretty good for my standards.
Attended by Dr Tan Yann Ling. hv to queue thou. waited about 45mins.

Sent from Samsung CURVED UHD S8 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.