Norway 2 weeks too much?

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Almost settled all. Only bergen to lofoten got problem. Bodo ferry reach late at night so is out. Bergen to leknes flight. Then leknes how to go to lofoten? I'll stay 2 days raine, 2 days svolvaer. Or should i consider elsewhere? And how to get from raine to svolvaer? Public transport

kekeNarwen

Reaction score
Almost settled all. Only bergen to lofoten got problem. Bodo ferry reach late at night so is out. Bergen to leknes flight. Then leknes how to go to lofoten? I'll stay 2 days raine, 2 days svolvaer. Or should i consider elsewhere? And how to get from raine to svolvaer? Public transport
Leknes is in Lofoten. Try this: https://www.177nordland.no/index.php?ac_id=331&ac_parent=280

Reine(Moskenes) to Svolvaer, take bus 23-760. Fare 215NOK. Journey 3h 2min

Leknes (Vestvagoy) to Reine (Moskenes), take bus 18-742. Fare 129 NOK. Journey 1h 10min

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suaku .
Do you change S$ to Euro here ?
And then Euro to NOK, DKK and SEK only at arrival at these Northern European airports ?

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suaku .
Do you change S$ to Euro here ?
And then Euro to NOK, DKK and SEK only at arrival at these Northern European airports ?

SGD to NOK DKK AND SEK can be found in arcade, anyway like what everyone here say use CC best lol

dlimye

Reaction score
I suggest you just change to the respective currencies in singapore better. some of the money changer in europe (certain countries) got this foreign currency exchange charge which is damn ridiculous.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is like PRCs coming for 新馬泰 七日遊.
Must change 3 currencies.

Is a day trip by ship from Stockholm to Finland
of any fun ?

dlimye

Reaction score
This is like PRCs coming for 新馬泰 七日遊.
Must change 3 currencies.

Is a day trip by ship from Stockholm to Finland
of any fun ?

LOL. if you wanna relax and chill with friends its not too bad :) if not i'd just recommend you take finnair/ryanair over. I believe the ship stops over at Estonia or something too

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feasible ?

My plan :
Arrive Stockholm stay 1 night
train to Copenhagen stay 1 night
Fly from Copenhagen to Bergen for ‘Norway in a nut shell’
then Oslo to Lofoten 2- 3 nights
Lofoten fly back to Stockholm then Singapore

dlimye

Reaction score
Ah its feasible but its gonna be a bit rush. I think at the bare minimum you also need 2 nights in each of the major cities :)

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah its feasible but its gonna be a bit rush. I think at the bare minimum you also need 2 nights in each of the major cities :)

2nd tat if not machiam amazing race, bring 1 backpack settle. It is super tiring to pack and unpack

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to change currency. Scandinavian countries are very credit card friendly. I don't see anyone using cash over there.

dlimye

Reaction score
its friendly when using. but when you go back and check your bill, the exchange rate is not too friendly :)

dlimye

Reaction score
In January the sunlight hours are still short, may face heavy snow. Driving is ok as there are snow chains. Driving in snow have to be a lot of more careful (e.g. braking distance turning angle etc) oh and norway drives on opposite side as Singapore.

You drove in winter before?

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just note that northern lights is see heng sway one. not say you want to see it will appear. so will be good to have more opportunities to catch the lights. besides, different nights will have different pattern and strength of lights.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.