Fitbit Versa

earthtk

Reaction score
Anyone looking at this device? I am currently using samsung gear sport but it seems that the heart rate sensor is derp.

While running it will stop recording the heart rate(or gets stucked at a single reading). Saw online regarding this issue and it seems like a common problem. Did not have such a problem with my fitbit charge HR 2.

Hence I am looking back at fitbit devices. Wondering if ionic or this will be a better buy? I am also curious on how the notifications are managed. Can I read all notification from all apps? (Don't really need to use the watch to reply)

I read online that the fitbit OS is really slow.. not lag just slow. Is that true?

dayfornight

Reaction score
Anyone looking at this device? I am currently using samsung gear sport but it seems that the heart rate sensor is derp.

While running it will stop recording the heart rate(or gets stucked at a single reading). Saw online regarding this issue and it seems like a common problem. Did not have such a problem with my fitbit charge HR 2.

Hence I am looking back at fitbit devices. Wondering if ionic or this will be a better buy? I am also curious on how the notifications are managed. Can I read all notification from all apps? (Don't really need to use the watch to reply)

I read online that the fitbit OS is really slow.. not lag just slow. Is that true?

Yep, I'm buying this too. Now waiting for it to release in SG only.

Based on my research, the difference in Ionic & versa is that Ionic has an GPS built in, and has more of that angular design compared to Versa.The rest all same.

Depends on your needs, if u run a lot outside without your phone. And don't mind the design of Ionic. Maybe then ionic suit u better.

I am buying it mainly for normal activities and Sleep tracking, I think this versa looks better and is swim proof and has interchangeable bands, therefore can change to a bands suitable for work, more presentable.

Notification I would say maybe the same as your Charge HR 2, after watching some reviews on Youtube.
I find my old Fitbit notification abit slow as well, your notification on Phones will start 1st, after a few seconds then the notification on Fitbit will start.
Replying on Smartwatch itself is not supported on ISO, they mention will be adding it soon to android.
I don't mind cause I'm not using the notification functions anyways.

Last edited:

earthtk

Reaction score
Initially I was thinking of getting ionic as it has GPS. however I don't have music as now I only use Spotify.. so will be carrying my phone anyway. Thus connected GPS will do. I'm not referring to slow notification. Referring to slow navigation around the OS itself.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm buying this too. Now waiting for it to release in SG only.

Based on my research, the difference in Ionic & versa is that Ionic has an GPS built in, and has more of that angular design compared to Versa.The rest all same.

Depends on your needs, if u run a lot outside without your phone. And don't mind the design of Ionic. Maybe then ionic suit u better.

I am buying it mainly for normal activities and Sleep tracking, I think this versa looks better and is swim proof and has interchangeable bands, therefore can change to a bands suitable for work, more presentable.

Notification I would say maybe the same as your Charge HR 2, after watching some reviews on Youtube.
I find my old Fitbit notification abit slow as well, your notification on Phones will start 1st, after a few seconds then the notification on Fitbit will start.
Replying on Smartwatch itself is not supported on ISO, they mention will be adding it soon to android.
I don't mind cause I'm not using the notification functions anyways.

Already released ma. Just gotten mine.

Last edited:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waa.. you buy at retail ? Where sia?
I cannot find anywhere so I went and ordered a set through challenger's Hachi.com on Friday night.

Haven received mine yet =(

all challenger stores have physical stocks (both black and rose gold).

got mine at 308 there.

mobby80

Reaction score
Hi, anyone saw if the Limited edition is in Singapore? Was hoping to get the woven strap version :D

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the Special Edition too as I want Fitbit Pay. There is a lack of information in Singapore. I read the Fitbit Community forum and found out Black and Charcoal are shipping faster than the other colours. That would imply there are enough Charcoal Special Edition to go around. The official launch is 16 Apr. Maybe we would see it at Challenger store by then.

One Canadian at the community was advised by Fitbit to pick up from Amazon, Best Buy ,etc. Amazon is shipping Versa to Singapore.

Last edited:

mobby80

Reaction score
Yeah, was thinking about Fitbit Pay too. But was given mixed info on this by Fitbit support, some telling me Singapore version normal edition has FItbit Pay, some telling me only Singapore's Limited Edition has it.

Any one who purchased already can advice if they able to use?

Thanks alot.

dayfornight

Reaction score
Hi, I managed to get hachi to help change my order to self collection at outlet.
I got myself the black version and can help confirm the ones I got from challenger has Fitbit Pay, u can check as the word "Fitbit pay" is printed at the back of the watch near the sensors. I also double confirm this before with Hachi CS before I place my order.

So far I like this watch a lot, not all the face is free. Some need to pay after their trial period. Calls notification is fast compared to their older models.

mobby80

Reaction score
Thanks dayfornight. Glad it has the fitbit pay feature.
Hope you enjoyed the Versa :D

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the Special Edition too as I want Fitbit Pay. There is a lack of information in Singapore. I read the Fitbit Community forum and found out Black and Charcoal are shipping faster than the other colours. That would imply there are enough Charcoal Special Edition to go around. The official launch is 16 Apr. Maybe we would see it at Challenger store by then.

One Canadian at the community was advised by Fitbit to pick up from Amazon, Best Buy ,etc. Amazon is shipping Versa to Singapore.

Local sets have fitbit pay.

earthtk

Reaction score
https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=605837650&__ar=Y

I purchase it from here with $20 weekend voucher. Still pending to deliver.

Those who have it how was it? Was the chunky bezel a turn off? Haha

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Local sets have fitbit pay.

Hey, thanks for the confirmation. Fitbit product page is really confusing, but yes, now that you mentioned, as long as local sets have Fitbit Pay, I shouldn't worry about the worldwide version. Also appreciate dayfornight's tip on how to verify this on the tracker.

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
i got the pink for my wife, now waiting for the graphite for myself. someone mentioned 16 Apr? confirmed?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How was it? Still considering if I should get one .

I liked the design. Battery life is better than other flagship smart watches.

Fitbit pay doesnt support common local banks (dbs/posb) so i didnt try.

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got the pink for my wife, now waiting for the graphite for myself. someone mentioned 16 Apr? confirmed?

Apparently they are officially available in Singapore on 10 Apr. I read 2 reports this morning, dated yesterday.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-fitbit-s-latest-smartwatch-versa-arrives-singapore

https://straatosphere.com/fitbit-versa-smartwatch-2018/

Courts have $30 online voucher today only (11 Apr) with promotion code FREE30, but I still do not see the Special Edition being offered. Since the standard one has Fitbit Pay, it really does not matter to me. Courts includes free delivery.

The extra $40 for Special Edition will only be for 2 extra straps of different colour now, given the standard ones already come with Fitbit Pay.

Challenger said there are 18 units available at Vivocity store. A few other stores I asked for have 3-4 units.

mobby80

Reaction score
Hi Level42,

The 18 units available at VivoCity challenger store. A few other stores I asked for have 3-4 units, you were saying the Limited Edtion or the standard Black / Pink version?

Thanks alot.

Apparently they are officially available in Singapore on 10 Apr. I read 2 reports this morning, dated yesterday.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-fitbit-s-latest-smartwatch-versa-arrives-singapore

https://straatosphere.com/fitbit-versa-smartwatch-2018/

Courts have $30 online voucher today only (11 Apr) with promotion code FREE30, but I still do not see the Special Edition being offered. Since the standard one has Fitbit Pay, it really does not matter to me. Courts includes free delivery.

The extra $40 for Special Edition will only be for 2 extra straps of different colour now, given the standard ones already come with Fitbit Pay.

Challenger said there are 18 units available at Vivocity store. A few other stores I asked for have 3-4 units.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.