Almost 3 weeks without internet

Bus555

Reaction score
Basically i was still using a Singtel DSL plan & was expired so I went to upgrade to fibre (yes call me wols on doing that) so i call to make an appointment with them to upgrade to fibre.

So there 2 section of it, netlink & singtel. So far only netlink came to install the wiring & what not. Problem is the Singtel side. Firstly they cancelled the installation saying that there was a technical issue on their end & would call once done within 1-3 working days. Almost 1 month already & despite numberous calls to them, they say they have technical issue again & once resolve they will call within 1-3 working day. Then recently 2 weeks my dsl got no internet access cause of the netlink thingy which cause not to have internet access.

Wonder if anyone here got simillar experience?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Basically i was still using a Singtel DSL plan & was expired so I went to upgrade to fibre (yes call me wols on doing that) so i call to make an appointment with them to upgrade to fibre.

So there 2 section of it, netlink & singtel. So far only netlink came to install the wiring & what not. Problem is the Singtel side. Firstly they cancelled the installation saying that there was a technical issue on their end & would call once done within 1-3 working days. Almost 1 month already & despite numberous calls to them, they say they have technical issue again & once resolve they will call within 1-3 working day. Then recently 2 weeks my dsl got no internet access cause of the netlink thingy which cause not to have internet access.

Think you have to keep calling them. Since they already disconnected your Adsl Before your fiber service is up.

I think fiber delay happen on all ISP. but since singtel says problem with their end therefore only can push them.

sp0inK

Reaction score
i bought starhub no contract cable broadband for temporary usage because i'm expecting singtel internet to have some downtime

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i thought recontracting to singtel fibre from adsl, singtel should continue provisioning the adsl until your fibre is up and running?

If you don't have existing fibre connection, why is the delay for provisioning fibre by NLT? Unless you don't even have a TP.........

Bus555

Reaction score
Well by right singtel suppose to install the remaining fibre on the 9 march. Then when they didnt come at the timing they stated, i called them and say why they didnt come and they say they have some technical at their end and they would call asap

Fast forward to today still no call for an appointment despite repeated call to them.

Bus555

Reaction score
i thought recontracting to singtel fibre from adsl, singtel should continue provisioning the adsl until your fibre is up and running?

If you don't have existing fibre connection, why is the delay for provisioning fibre by NLT? Unless you don't even have a TP.........
Well sadly it unexpected got cut off even bef it came

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
must be the work of some sotong. Cut off b4 you even get the fibre.

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
StinkTel should provide a mobile BB dongle as a temporary measure while they sort out their end.

Sadly they will probably ask you to suck thumb and wait.

I hope, at least, you are not paying for ZER0 home internet service.

Bus555

Reaction score
U have to call them up and get them restore your DSL
I have called them the other day & they say due to the netlink fibre thing tat was firstly installed that somehow affected the ADSL, they were unable to troubleshoot or restore it.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I have called them the other day & they say due to the netlink fibre thing tat was firstly installed that somehow affected the ADSL, they were unable to troubleshoot or restore it.

Do you have a recording of that call? I smell a pr nightmare.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Suggest you should force them to look at your case from your viewpoint.

As an example refer to > Singtel reply to a member on thread: [NEWS] Singtel to shut down ageing ADSL network in April 2018

Answer to Q1
Ans: The fibre plan will take effective from the date of installation. Hence we strongly recommend you to sign up before the communicated closure date. The ADSL will be cease on the communicated closure date if you do not take any action. However in the event if you sign up a fibre plan with Singtel, the ADSL service will continue until the date of successful fibre installation.

Company like to push the blame to others while avoiding brickbats ...

Hence it is up to them to resolve this matter to your satisfactory.

Maybe you could PM them here too.

Last edited:

Apex

Reaction score

You have to get their manager to do the work.

Have to push them and wack them restore. Say unable is easy for them as consider case close.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah this is nasty n unacceptable... if singet cant deliver, then dont promise. Basic cust svc.

should write in to their fb and ask them to provide a proper explanation! Dont just say tech issue, elaborate! :(

Else send an email to singtel ceo and let her know this is happening on her watch.

Btw does anyone when u upgrade from adsl to fibre, know how long it takes to port a landline to the new isp? Ie singtel to starhub or m1 or myrepublic? Tia.

Bus555

Reaction score
Just an update: about 1hr+ on the phone & they gave me same old answer saying that i have for their team to call my house for the appointment despite numerous attempt to push them

Idk how long is to wait is going to be almost 4 weeks

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Just an update: about 1hr+ on the phone & they gave me same old answer saying that i have for their team to call my house for the appointment despite numerous attempt to push them

Idk how long is to wait is going to be almost 4 weeks

Singtel does not face any repercussions for not delivering internet service to you since you do not escalate the matter. They can delay as long as they like without fear of you publicly calling them out as you have demonstrated for the past 3-4 weeks.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On hindsight, TS should jump to Fibre well before the cutoff date! SingTel already given sufficient notice that ADSL is ending in Apr 2018.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Surprise to read this.

Bus555

Reaction score
Ok another latest update: the team finally called back & they agree to come nxt sat to install the fibre (hopefully they dont back out again)

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok another latest update: the team finally called back & they agree to come nxt sat to install the fibre (hopefully they dont back out again)

They should not back out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.