NTU Chinese

CountingSheeps

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed some light about life in NTU Chinese; how's the workload/culture and stuff? Seems like there's a good chance that's where I'm ending up soon ._.

Thanks!

niliandj66

Reaction score
Quite late tbh :( Early May iirc, havent had any response from NTU This year though (I applied for other HSS courses)

JC kid here, haha, sub 70 rp

Thanks for the reply:) i put Chinese as my first choice not sure will come abit early mah,pray hard hhaahh

JellyJell

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed some light about life in NTU Chinese; how's the workload/culture and stuff? Seems like there's a good chance that's where I'm ending up soon ._.

Thanks!

My cousin is currently studying in NTU Chinese and this is what she told me recently (cause I also applied to Chinese).

"NTU Chinese is a humanities course so you can expect a lot of readings for almost every mod. For history mod the reading itself can be filed in a ring file LOLOL especially as the sem goes by the reading gets heavier. Some readings will be in English so if it’s been tested in the exams you have to translate it in Chinese yourself.

For lit at least 10-20 novel readings to read. For ancient lit just memorising work but it’s hard cause all the words is just.....:/ Linguistic not much readings but really based on ur understanding, like whether you get it or not."

She did mention that it gets better once you are familiar on how it works.

CountingSheeps

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply:) i put Chinese as my first choice not sure will come abit early mah,pray hard hhaahh

Think that might happen, I put as 5th choice

My cousin is currently studying in NTU Chinese and this is what she told me recently (cause I also applied to Chinese).

"NTU Chinese is a humanities course so you can expect a lot of readings for almost every mod. For history mod the reading itself can be filed in a ring file LOLOL especially as the sem goes by the reading gets heavier. Some readings will be in English so if it’s been tested in the exams you have to translate it in Chinese yourself.

For lit at least 10-20 novel readings to read. For ancient lit just memorising work but it’s hard cause all the words is just.....:/ Linguistic not much readings but really based on ur understanding, like whether you get it or not."

She did mention that it gets better once you are familiar on how it works.
Damn, doesnt sound fun haha, thanks a lot man

Btw can help me ask her how's the culture and workload outside of reading is anot ah? Haha

JellyJell

Reaction score
Think that might happen, I put as 5th choice

Damn, doesnt sound fun haha, thanks a lot man

Btw can help me ask her how's the culture and workload outside of reading is anot ah? Haha

"In every mod there will at least be one report or ppt and some will have both. Busiest sem had like four reports and five ppts plus 2 mid terms.

Eh as for the culture, it really depends on the people you hang out with. But I would say majority of the people in the Chinese course are generally helpful especially the prc."

From what I see, I think she actually enjoys studying Chinese and the career prospect from studying Chinese is not that bad too.

norahswong

Reaction score
Hi! I have been called for an interview for NTU Chinese! Anyone who have went to the interview can offer insights about the question asked?

Hopingx

Reaction score
I’m not v sure, cos someone said that admission interview is not equivalent to DA interview

Oh... Then that's quite lucky leh!! I'm still waiting for a reply but so far no news at all:(

What MTL related subjects did you take in jc?

dreamsxc

Reaction score
yea omg, all the best!!!:)
I took H2CLL and H1GSC, did u take any MTL related subjects?

Oh... Then that's quite lucky leh!! I'm still waiting for a reply but so far no news at all:(

What MTL related subjects did you take in jc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.