 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also had some issues with the iphone x, although I managed to eventually enroll it (according to the Aunty). I think it's a combination of the cheap nfc pad they are using and iphone x's weird nfc placement for me at least. I've had some issues paying for stuff at a particular toast box using my iPhone x.

Luckily I registered my apple watch too, which I'll be using mainly anyway.

Where's the NFC chip situated at on the iPhone X huh?

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
iPhone have to hold in the mid air while waiting for NFC scanner to scan. Cannot place directly on top of the NFC scanner.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also had some issues with the iphone x, although I managed to eventually enroll it (according to the Aunty). I think it's a combination of the cheap nfc pad they are using and iphone x's weird nfc placement for me at least. I've had some issues paying for stuff at a particular toast box using my iPhone x.

Luckily I registered my apple watch too, which I'll be using mainly anyway.
I think I will go try again on Monday, maybe is different aunty so will be better, definitely not my iPhone X issue as I have no issue paying for things while for the white NFC reader from Transit office it cannot even detect or read the iPhone X depsite already authenticate in payment mode already.

Got a feeling is their NFC reader got issue, nothing to do with iOS be it beta or not.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, in case anybody’s going down to BV TransitLink office, both the actual TransitLink office & station control staff, have no idea what mobile wallet ABT thingy. Don’t need to waste your time going down today.

Slavor

Reaction score
Did you show them the poster?

Just FYI, in case anybody’s going down to BV TransitLink office, both the actual TransitLink office & station control staff, have no idea what mobile wallet ABT thingy. Don’t need to waste your time going down today.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just worried the auntie activated the wrong card.

I have dbs Safra debit card and posb everyday card in my apple pay as well as in ABT account.

Then when I go activate via the nfc machine, my screen was displaying posb everyday card.
But when activated, the auntie say dbs card ar, I said ya n go off (without thinking it might be the other card I have).

During activation, while the nfc detect your phone, it won't link back to ABT account right?
It is just purely, input virtual card number into the system to allow we use it to tap on bus/mrt hor?

Still have to wait for 7 days to confirm. lazy to go down and confirm.
I just registered my iPhone. My Mastercard is POSB Everyday Card. The aunty also asked if Im using a DBS card. I think should be fine.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just registered my OCBC Titanium mastercard online, but it doesn't have paypass as I plan to use my Apple Watch.

See when have time then go Tampines transitlink office register.

Scuderia

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm that's very weird then. City Hall had no issue and I could even see the laptop which the Aunty was using to register my phone.

City Hall no need to even show anything. Just say you want to register for mobile payment trial straight away the staff will bring out thinkpad and nfc reader for you to tap.

By the way, need to bring up mobile wallet and authenticate the payment using fingerprint or faceid first then place phone on nfc reader, you will hear a single beep sound and led on reader turn green, then ok already. Everything done in less than 30sec.

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
I guess LTA should know that sooner or later that the general public will know about the 'closed' trial haha

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went down to make around 1pm. Was ok. Everything done in less than 3 mins. A lady right after me was also signing up for it.

You probably encountered a more experienced staff. The one I encountered can’t be bothered even after I show her the coloured poster.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I will go try again on Monday, maybe is different aunty so will be better, definitely not my iPhone X issue as I have no issue paying for things while for the white NFC reader from Transit office it cannot even detect or read the iPhone X depsite already authenticate in payment mode already.

Got a feeling is their NFC reader got issue, nothing to do with iOS be it beta or not.

I'm on beta. No issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.