Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

in1996

Reaction score
Hopefully, need to get 1 32" one. Keep toggling between 2 remote controls is painful. 1 remote for switching on tv and volume, the other for STB switching of channels.

Some remote can copy certain button from the other remote. Need to read the user guide to find out,however, such features may not stated inside the user guide.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, need to get 1 32" one. Keep toggling between 2 remote controls is painful. 1 remote for switching on tv and volume, the other for STB switching of channels.

Well, can always get a cheap universal remote costing around $4 that do the functions you require. The only con is, the main TV remote is still needed if need to adjust TV related settings.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some remote can copy certain button from the other remote. Need to read the user guide to find out,however, such features may not stated inside the user guide.

Well, can always get a cheap universal remote costing around $4 that do the functions you require. The only con is, the main TV remote is still needed if need to adjust TV related settings.

Yeah understand the universal remote part, but not sure if my old DVB-T2 box bought from Qoo10 can support universal remote or not.

Even though can, like what you said, some features might not work. Cos my family member always find the hassle of 2 remotes, always press wrong. Perhaps shall see if i receive the letter and can use the $100 to get a new tv.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah understand the universal remote part, but not sure if my old DVB-T2 box bought from Qoo10 can support universal remote or not.

Even though can, like what you said, some features might not work. Cos my family member always find the hassle of 2 remotes, always press wrong. Perhaps shall see if i receive the letter and can use the $100 to get a new tv.

Of course can, me and some fellow HWZers also using.

The one I'm talking about, has almost the same remote layout as K2/K3 STB. It has additional 4 buttons for TV control, namely power, volume up/down and AV/TV. For the TV part, it can "learn" from the TV remote but for older TV model, it require multiple tries to get it to work correctly.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The one I'm talking about, has almost the same remote layout as K2/K3 STB. It has additional 4 buttons for TV control, namely power, volume up/down and AV/TV. For the TV part, it can "learn" from the TV remote but for older TV model, it require multiple tries to get it to work correctly.

Thanks Albert. I'll give it a try with my universal remote to see how.

mhgee

Reaction score
Any one know LC52LE835X support digital TV?
Do I need to get a setup box or just an antenna will do ?

Thanks

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no. That is really pain to see. If i'm not wrong, if you are eligible for the free STB, you can choose either a STB+Antenna or a $100 voucher to buy your own STB and antenna.

Not sure if that voucher can buy a new 32" TV, so don't need another STB

How to see if eligible or when will receive?
Moving to new home BTO soon.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to see if eligible or when will receive?
Moving to new home BTO soon.

Can't remember where I saw the roll out phases, some places will receive a letter in April, Some in May.

Those eligible are household without Starhub/Singtel TV set up box. If you don't have you, you might be eligible

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any dvb t2 set top boxes that can receive both sg and my channels?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any dvb t2 set top boxes that can receive both sg and my channels?

It's really dependant on your antenna and signal strength. I don't use the box as my tv is dvb-t2 ready. I can receive Singapore and Malaysia digital channels.

I live low floor, need a stronger amplified antenna as my area is blocked by high rise blocks and trees. Sometimes still got distortions .

Leisure

Reaction score
DVB-C terminated?

Is the DVB-C transmission from Starhub terminated? I cannot receive any channel on my STB in the past few days.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't remember where I saw the roll out phases, some places will receive a letter in April, Some in May.

Those eligible are household without Starhub/Singtel TV set up box. If you don't have you, you might be eligible

I don't have any set up box.
I am moving to new BTO within 1 day.
Even if letter comes, I can't claim anymore.
Unless it is my name written on the letter, claim using NRIC.

sgmem88

Reaction score

can share which remote you guys are using?
and where do you guys get it?
tia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.