Apple's education-themed launch, the new 9.7 ipad

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now flagship iPads also hitting 2k mark with accessories. Zz. Last time flagship ipad like 1.1k only

More premium materials and larger screens all contribute to the cost. Now even the casings have leather ones.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More premium materials and larger screens all contribute to the cost. Now even the casings have leather ones.

The leather sleeve 188 sgd. kidding me. Lol.
But I love my 12.9 inch 2nd gen iPad Pro with keyboard. Too Zai

nicepal

Reaction score
How is this entry level ipad 9.7” saw the 32GB WIfi is only S$478 or S$498 only.

Wanted to explore tablet to be use for office work and let users view pdfs and also some machine specification.

Brief checks tha tthis 32GB 9.7 is much lower than a Samsung S3 9.7”, where cheapest also at about S$688 to S$788.

As for the ipad pro smart keyboard. If you do quite a lot of typing, I would say the SKB really feels good. Response is superb, just that the clicking sounnd is quite irritating when you are typing away. If simply browsing, maybe just the ipad is good enough.. and apple pencil if you does sketching or notes taking.. and the pencil price drops by S$10 (I think).

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they throw in Apple Pencil then worth. Else with misery of 32gb cannot install much apps siaz.. Apple should default least 64gb now given by their status!
$498 for A10 + Apple pencil support is totally worth it. Price for student is $468.
9mOPxFKl.png

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they throw in Apple Pencil then worth. Else with misery of 32gb cannot install much apps siaz.. Apple should default least 64gb now given by their status!

I also hope they can throw in pencil, keyboard, give 256gb and sell at $299

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually US pricing better. 299 usd. Sometimes aliexpress can get parallel imports for like 30% off rrp. But I don’t know how trustworthy it is lol

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol! That is why I told everyone. Apple is a premium product. It is not for everyone. For me, I am happy with the new iPad

If all these for $299, it'll be snapped up within minutes and I'll happily buy 2 sets in a heartbeat. I've been an Apple user since the first gen iPod Shuffle (also my very first Apple product) and have bought numerous Apple products ever since. If Apple products are that cheap, it would've saved me tons of money and Apple will also close shop.

I'm awaiting for this year's iPad Pro refresh, so have to wait until after WWDC in June.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah agree. But it acts as a cover also

I know it does but adds to the bulk. My dream setup will be the 10.5" iPad Pro (or this year's update) with smart keyboard, TG screen protector and Apple's silicon case (no need leather one) and the pencil.

All the additional stuffs can easily add over $500 to the iPad's cost. :s22:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it is just the way we hold tablets that makes bezel-less impractical. Just pick up your tablet now and see how you will hold your tablet. You can hold it with one hand for sure, but your fingers will definitely be touching the bezel. I feel it is too much software work and potentially a problem to decide which is a genuine finger touch and which is an accidental one. Palm rejection perhaps is more straight forward.

not really. If u notice, most ppl use their Apple products with cases, including ipad. if u consider the case, the bezel less is not a concern at all.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am still using the iPad mini 2, its non-laminated screen does not bother me much. It is still a very good display for my daily use. :s12:

I love the mini for its size and portability. If the mini has a Pro version, I'd buy it immediately!

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speculation nia. Haven’t even release yet

But very plausible. Some time back there was already rumours that the new iPads will lean towards the iPhone X's technology and Face ID with bezel-less design is top of the agenda.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.