Macbook vs Macbook Air

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I notice besides size wise the touch pad also different...

Thinking to buy either one since my 2011 MBA cmi liao...

Other than tech specs, be sure to try out the demo models at retailers/Apple Store.

Personally i dislike the Macbook 12" because the screen hinge is too flimsy (will shake upon movement), due to its very thin frame. The latest Pro isnt too heavy at 1.3kg for the 13" model now.

PetPet

Reaction score
Do you do your photography workflow on your Macbook?
Get a Pro instead.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I notice the sound on macbook sounds better then mba... mba seems to have softer sound even my current one. Maybe cos hidden speaker.

Pro a bit out of my budget haha

Other than tech specs, be sure to try out the demo models at retailers/Apple Store.

Personally i dislike the Macbook 12" because the screen hinge is too flimsy (will shake upon movement), due to its very thin frame. The latest Pro isnt too heavy at 1.3kg for the 13" model now.

PetPet

Reaction score
If you're not gifting to anyone.
Do consider looking at the refurbished store, it comes with the same 1 year warranty and you're eligible to extend it to 3 years.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MBA for me. Hands down.

Most value for money, practical, numerous ports, faster processor, sleek beautiful design.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MBA for me. Hands down.

Most value for money, practical, numerous ports, faster processor, sleek beautiful design.
When your RAW files are 30-40mb each, processing hundreds to thousands on a MBA 13", it will be otherwise.

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
TBH, i prefer MBA

The keyboard is way way much better than the new MBP.

I'm using the 2017 MBP, the keyboard not as comfortable as the MBA

obichacha

Reaction score
This is depending on your to prefer over LCD display or Retina display.

With USB C thunderbolt or still stick with USB A port.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is depending on your to prefer over LCD display or Retina display.

With USB C thunderbolt or still stick with USB A port.

Most people will still need to get adapers to convert from usb c to usb.

MBA has a thunderbolt 2 port, which you can get an adapter to expand to more usb ports/ethernet on top of 2 usb ports + SD slot. Keyboard is also better.

Most importantly, MBA still uses MagSafe adapter. This feature saved my MBA a few times when my toddler nephew liked to suddenly ran to the wire and started pulling for no reason.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.