Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
So far, taking bus is not an issue. However, this morning, there was a jam, not sure why. but not that long too. Usually no jam. Went in this morning by car, and was surprised to be caught in the jam... but short while.

As for bus, never an issue. If bus got caught means jam really bad

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Danga City Mall closing in July

About time. When something new comes up, something older has to go. Paradigm Mall is cannibalizing traffic from the other malls. Come later this year another 2 malls will come up, so others may have to give way.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During certain hours the unmovable jams are caused by those stupid jiuhu container trucks and lorries heading back to Johor Bahru CIQ. You can get stucked for hours if you foolishly sit in the bus and wait.

I walked and cleared both sides of the immigration and that's even faster than taking bus. This is the only time where there is no human traffic jam at the immigration counters because all are stucked on the buses! :s22:

From my observation motorbikes, e-scooters and bicycles are the traffic jam beaters at all times of the day. :s13:

If I am a Malaysian a kup kai + MACS combo is the way to go to earn SGD with the least headache. :D

Last edited:

bbmars1128

Reaction score
During certain hours the unmovable jams are caused by those stupid jiuhu container trucks and lorries heading back to Johor Bahru CIQ. You can get stucked for hours if you foolishly sit in the bus and wait.

I don't quite agree with what you said. I might be wrong, but not that I know. Those truck and lorries, they have a dedicated lane for them. Often then not as observed especially the jam crossing in JB.... when 3 lanes convert into 2 lanes... and bus and truck are on one lane... try to see what happen if there is a MY traffic police near the entry to the custom building. No body dare cut queue into the truck and lorry lane. its the design of the lane....

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
I don't quite agree with what you said. I might be wrong, but not that I know. Those truck and lorries, they have a dedicated lane for them. Often then not as observed especially the jam crossing in JB.... when 3 lanes convert into 2 lanes... and bus and truck are on one lane... try to see what happen if there is a MY traffic police near the entry to the custom building. No body dare cut queue into the truck and lorry lane. its the design of the lane....

problem occurs when theres traffic police. they get tip off that got tp, those in the wrong lane will try to cut into the queue before reach the tp. end up, the entire car/bus lane get blocked cause the lorry dont want let them cut into the lorry lane.
happen multiple times liao. once that ******* jaybee lorry manage to cut in, the ENTIRE LANE all the way to customs that bridge is a straight breezethrough. completely clear lol.

happens alot. if no tp, the traffic still move abit. those ******* jaybee truck drivers. come sg still think they in jaybee.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
problem occurs when theres traffic police. they get tip off that got tp, those in the wrong lane will try to cut into the queue before reach the tp. end up, the entire car/bus lane get blocked cause the lorry dont want let them cut into the lorry lane.
happen multiple times liao. once that ******* jaybee lorry manage to cut in, the ENTIRE LANE all the way to customs that bridge is a straight breezethrough. completely clear lol.

happens alot. if no tp, the traffic still move abit. those ******* jaybee truck drivers. come sg still think they in jaybee.

The traffic jam can already start way before reaching Singapore customs. SBS and SMRT buses cannot even move much because the bus drivers even though most of them are Malaysians they still have to play by the rules as the SGD rice bowl is at stake.

You are damn right and from my own observations over the years the problem is those f*cking jiuhu trucks. All enter and leave Singapore almost at the same time! :vijayadmin:

I can clear both sides of immigration faster by walking the entire causeway than taking bus! :eek:

The misery for those taking buses are single handedly caused by the damn bloody jiuhu trucks all these while not cars much less motorbikes.

KNN and when on Singapore roads can drive like driving on Federal Route 1 from Johor Bahru to Kedah at 100KM/H.

Last edited:

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The traffic jam can already start way before reaching Singapore customs. SBS and SMRT buses cannot even move much because the bus drivers even though most of them are Malaysians they still have to play by the rules as the SGD rice bowl is at stake.

You are damn right and from my own observations over the years the problem is those f*cking jiuhu trucks. All enter and leave Singapore almost at the same time! :vijayadmin:

I can clear both sides of immigration faster by walking the entire causeway than taking bus! :eek:

The misery for those taking buses are single handedly caused by the damn bloody jiuhu trucks all these while not cars much less motorbikes.

KNN and when on Singapore roads can drive like driving on Federal Route 1 from Johor Bahru to Kedah at 100KM/H.

I already start walking the causeway everyday leh. Those lorries are to support Singapore, you can't live without them. Maybe you can ask immigration and customs to clear them faster so they faster chiong back JB before 4 pm.:s22:

koohansen

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise how is the jam for cars going into jb on sat morning. How long will it take?

It depends if that Saturday have any public holiday before or after it or not.
If regular Saturday, reach SG Customs BEFORE 7am you will be fine, Singapore side will move fast, but it's the bottle neck where all the counters merge into 2 lanes (fuel check area) that 2 lanes shared with motorbikes as well. That part will be slow.
Malaysia Side, queue on the left then move to the right after the bus lane split.

julian_lim

Reaction score
If regular Saturday, reach SG Customs BEFORE 7am you will be fine, Singapore side will move fast, but it's the bottle neck where all the counters merge into 2 lanes (fuel check area) that 2 lanes shared with motorbikes as well. That part will be slow.
Malaysia Side, queue on the left then move to the right after the bus lane split.

Thank you very much.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about Saturday morning take public bus go in and personally queue to chop passport? Long queue?

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All those who are afraid of jams should take the train instead, Google Singapore JB ktmb train.

If you die die don't wanna walk, take 160 and 170 from kranji mrt.

911 and 913 have to walk even though its a shorter bus ride.

950 both queue and waiting time is forever long, I'll only take it if the bus arrives just when I happen to be at the bus interchange and if there's minimal queue.

Avoid +/-7am, +/-3pm and +/-7pm because human traffic will be slightly more due to the staffs working at the cp itself.

Avoid Mondays, Fridays (4pm onwards) and Saturdays.

Best day? Wednesday.

Sent from Nokia 8800 without using GAGT

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all need some advice. I have been to JB via train and so far went to KSL mall and City Sq. Any other places I can visit there? Not very sure of the transport etc thanks

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all need some advice. I have been to JB via train and so far went to KSL mall and City Sq. Any other places I can visit there? Not very sure of the transport etc thanks

There's Komtar JBCC next to City Square, and walking distance from KSL there's Holiday Plaza.

If you go via 2nd Link, can head for other malls like Sutera Mall, and Bukit Indah has Aeon, Tesco, and Giant. Can take bus after clearing JB immigration and customs, or bus to Gelang Patah for breakfast/lunch then GrabCar from there.

If entering from Woodlands side, can bus from JB Sentral to Tebrau where you'll have Tesco, Aeon, and IKEA. Or head for their biggest, Paradigm Mall. Can GrabCar to these places too.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Princess Cove Mall dunno when open. seems almost ready liao, walkway also completed linking it to JB Sentral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.