samsung pay

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing any issue with Samsung Pay? Transaction was approved but there is no point given. And no history transaction too. Very weird leh.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
happened on genting dream

e-mail them, they will tell you what are necessary documents
your receipt has virtual card number right

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing any issue with Samsung Pay? Transaction was approved but there is no point given. And no history transaction too. Very weird leh.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Yesterday happened to me. So it's the server? I thought is my phone

HoGnix

Reaction score
Strange, I tried with NFC off but it doesn't work. I tried 3 times at 2 different places, same result. I can see NFC auto on but it doesn't work. So for both places, after the errors, I turn on NFC manually before scanning my iris, it works. I think my set is faulty

I've tried use Samsung pay via the menu icon (same as Google pay) with NFC Off(same step as Google pay) , the payment did not went through.
But it will success when bring up the Samsung pay using swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen. Even the phone is locked and screen is blank, the swipe upward method still works.

PongRareRare

Reaction score
I've tried use Samsung pay via the menu icon (same as Google pay) with NFC Off(same step as Google pay) , the payment did not went through.
But it will success when bring up the Samsung pay using swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen. Even the phone is locked and screen is blank, the swipe upward method still works.

I Google and found the solution. I always swipe up, but unable to use. After I clear caches and data for Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay Framework app, I'm able to pay with NFC off now. But got new problem, there's no transaction history and points. This is my first Samsung and will be my last, probably going back to iOS when the plus comes out.

HoGnix

Reaction score
I did not got transaction history in Samsung pay for recent two transactions,get normal SMS alert though.

I Google and found the solution. I always swipe up, but unable to use. After I clear caches and data for Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay Framework app, I'm able to pay with NFC off now. But got new problem, there's no transaction history and points. This is my first Samsung and will be my last, probably going back to iOS when the plus comes out.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my last night purchase just got Samsung pay points just now

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Those with working Samsung Pay, what permissions do u give to the app? Including the Samsung Pay Framework.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Those with working Samsung Pay, what permissions do u give to the app? Including the Samsung Pay Framework.

Hmm, I can't seem to find your previous post but what seems to be the issue? On my end, Samsung Pay has all permissions are given and Framework with none. NFC is left on cause it does SOOO little hurt to the battery life. If you are constantly turning off NFC, you are certainly over managing a smartphone.

PongRareRare

Reaction score
I don't adjust anything

Thanks!

Hmm, I can't seem to find your previous post but what seems to be the issue? On my end, Samsung Pay has all permissions are given and Framework with none. NFC is left on cause it does SOOO little hurt to the battery life. If you are constantly turning off NFC, you are certainly over managing a smartphone.

I had 2 issues.
1) my Samsung Pay don't work when NFC is off. I learnt from guys here that we can leave NFC off and Samsung Pay will auto toggle it when payment. I tried my set but doesn't work. Den I reset Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay Framework app, now I can get Samsung Pay to work with NFC off.
2) however, comes my second issue, my Samsung Pay doesn't record transactions. I don't have any transaction history and no points awarded after I use Samsung Pay.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I had 2 issues.
1) my Samsung Pay don't work when NFC is off. I learnt from guys here that we can leave NFC off and Samsung Pay will auto toggle it when payment. I tried my set but doesn't work. Den I reset Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay Framework app, now I can get Samsung Pay to work with NFC off.
2) however, comes my second issue, my Samsung Pay doesn't record transactions. I don't have any transaction history and no points awarded after I use Samsung Pay.

i don't have to turn on my NFC to use it suggest you delete your samsung pay and reinstall... maybe your phone have some issues...

toyknight

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Did you just started using Samsung Pay over the weekends? I wasn’t able to receive any Samsung points / or see transaction history for transactions done on Sunday (8/4) but I still able to use Samsung Pay.

Thanks!

I had 2 issues.

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Nfc will auto toggle when Samsung pay is activated. Last transaction was at around 8 hours ago and points awarded, history showing it.

PongRareRare

Reaction score
i don't have to turn on my NFC to use it suggest you delete your samsung pay and reinstall... maybe your phone have some issues...

Yea this issue was resolved, reset the Samsung Pay app and Samsung Pay Framework app. Just the Samsung Pay app won't do.

Did you just started using Samsung Pay over the weekends? I wasn’t able to receive any Samsung points / or see transaction history for transactions done on Sunday (8/4) but I still able to use Samsung Pay.

I factory reset my phone over the weekend, to clear some issues. I can now use Samsung Pay (with nfc off) but no transactions and points. Maybe I'll try again later

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea this issue was resolved, reset the Samsung Pay app and Samsung Pay Framework app. Just the Samsung Pay app won't do.

I factory reset my phone over the weekend, to clear some issues. I can now use Samsung Pay (with nfc off) but no transactions and points. Maybe I'll try again later

glad it works for you now

HoGnix

Reaction score

Turn off NFC is meant for security reason, not for saving the battery.
Example: See below text (via Google Search)

NFC devices suffer from a risk of downloading malware or otherwise unwanted applications without the device owners knowing. If the NFC device gets close enough to another NFC device, a connection could be made and malware downloaded. This malware could then sniff your device for sensitive data – such as credit card numbers, bank numbers, passwords, etc. – and send them to the attacker over the web or back through the NFC channel if the devices are still within range.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Turn off NFC is meant for security reason, not for saving the battery.
Example: See below text (via Google Search)

NFC devices suffer from a risk of downloading malware or otherwise unwanted applications without the device owners knowing. If the NFC device gets close enough to another NFC device, a connection could be made and malware downloaded. This malware could then sniff your device for sensitive data – such as credit card numbers, bank numbers, passwords, etc. – and send them to the attacker over the web or back through the NFC channel if the devices are still within range.

Yeah, that does not happen so easily like that. There is still MULTIPLE layers of safety net to pass through to ACTUALLY install anything on the device. Even if NFC somehow managed to pass the device a URL to an installer, you will still need to MANUALLY allow the application to install by pressing the install button.

EVEN BEFORE ALL OF THAT, you have to allow applications to be installed from UNKNOWN Sources which again is a MANUAL trigger by the user themselves.

Then people are going to say, OH it is automatic and somehow installs it all. Yeah no.. things don't happen like that so easily on Mobile devices anymore.

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Better be safe than sorry. Every one have their habit. Haha
Just do what u like.
Anyway, I just tried topping up ezlink. Got the transaction and points.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed with deathst.. there is indeed no immediate benefit from turning off nfc.

I k3ep mine on and the settings were correctly set to my preferences, example android beam off.

The annoying part is when my device keeps beeping on the cards when they are wrongfully placed below the phone.. other than that, my nfc is on because of the nfc ezlink transit..

Yeah, that does not happen so easily like that. There is still MULTIPLE layers of safety net to pass through to ACTUALLY install anything on the device. Even if NFC somehow managed to pass the device a URL to an installer, you will still need to MANUALLY allow the application to install by pressing the install button.

EVEN BEFORE ALL OF THAT, you have to allow applications to be installed from UNKNOWN Sources which again is a MANUAL trigger by the user themselves.

Then people are going to say, OH it is automatic and somehow installs it all. Yeah no.. things don't happen like that so easily on Mobile devices anymore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.