 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After enabling the card in ABT, I received the email telling me to go to the GMT on the 10th. So after that if I go to one of the 3 stations for enabling of Mobile Payment, must I wait for another 7 days?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went down to City Hall MRT this afternoon to activate, pretty painless, done in under 5 minutes. Still have the notebook too if anyone is interested :s13:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
After enabling the card in ABT, I received the email telling me to go to the GMT on the 10th. So after that if I go to one of the 3 stations for enabling of Mobile Payment, must I wait for another 7 days?

yes.
the GTM is for u to select ezlink mode or bank (cc) mode, this step is required because your card has ezlink/flashpay function.

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok. i went to City Hall today and activate my APPLE Pay. Gotta wait for 7 working days.

I still have to activate my credit card on the 10th as i tried today at the GTM and it shows Card Failure or Not Working, something like that. Haha

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok. i went to City Hall today and activate my APPLE Pay. Gotta wait for 7 working days.

I still have to activate my credit card on the 10th as i tried today at the GTM and it shows Card Failure or Not Working, something like that. Haha

You managed to register your virtual card at City Hall transitlink office successfully before having your physical EZLink MasterCard converted to deduct via ABT at any GTM?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You managed to register your virtual card at City Hall transitlink office successfully before having your physical EZLink MasterCard converted to deduct via ABT at any GTM?

anyone can register their mobile payment cards over the counter and they won't check your status of ABT wallet. the thing is, since this is a manual entry and tying of mobile payment and physical card number, your physical card must be registered on ABT portal first followed by a change from CEPAS to Bank Card (only for cards with ezlink/nets flashpay only). If your mastercard doesn't have ezlink/flashpay, then there's no need to use GTM to change anything, cos GTM will tell you card not supported.

Example of Bank card with ezlink is POSB Everyday card.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can register their mobile payment cards over the counter and they won't check your status of ABT wallet...

So practically speaking, withOUT my MasterCard being actually converted to “bank card usage”, I can actually head down to the TransitLink office to bind the same virtual MasterCard to my ABT account & succeed?

Slavor

Reaction score
I don't think anybody will be able to give you a confirmed answer here... Seems like most of us who have been commenting here have been using their mastercard as a transit payment option for almost a year, so you may be the guinea pig to test it out haha

So practically speaking, withOUT my MasterCard being actually converted to “bank card usage”, I can actually head down to the TransitLink office to bind the same virtual MasterCard to my ABT account & succeed?

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think changing to bank card usage or not doesn't matter.
Important is your card must be added into abt account.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think anybody will be able to give you a confirmed answer here... Seems like most of us who have been commenting here have been using their mastercard as a transit payment option for almost a year, so you may be the guinea pig to test it out haha

Yah, may be my own mis-doings as well, i.e. when they launch ABT previously I didn’t care much for it because to me it’s still physically tapping a card(hence I didn’t sign up). I’m only interested in this new one because it means I no longer need to bring my physical card anymore.

Slavor

Reaction score
Oh I think it was the right decision for most people not to switch yet. If you already have giro set up then using one card over another doesn't make sense, whereas for me not having to top up my flashpay was so convenient. Doesn't hurt for you to try registering now, although may have complications since it's still in a trial period.

Yah, may be my own mis-doings as well, i.e. when they launch ABT previously I didn’t care much for it because to me it’s still physically tapping a card(hence I didn’t sign up). I’m only interested in this new one because it means I no longer need to bring my physical card anymore.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I've gathered, the mode selection is only for the physical scanning. You can have the card registered on portal but you still can have the freedom to use cepas mode or bank card mode.

Slavor

Reaction score
Friday I'll try. That would be considered like 5/6 working days since last week, and hopefully should be safe enough.

Previous poster tried after 5 days and had issue when transiting over to different mrt lines. I don't think my itchy finger is worth paying full mrt fare haha

those registered ABT mobile on friday, when are u going to start tapping? :D

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my done at CityHall TransitLink office. Experience is extremely superior to BV office, i.e. I haven’t say finish “I want to register...” the staff take out the reader. I didn’t show her the poster.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those registered ABT mobile on friday, when are u going to start tapping? :D

I registered on Fri. And I just tried tapping on a bus. The Ezlink reader indicated that my bank card is not supported. In Google Pay app, it shows "Public Transport" with the transaction in "pending" status.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Registered on Fri too at BV using my x.

Will start trying on this friday as well.

Suay that my watch screen cracked on last Monday. Else, I will register with AW as well.

But one qns, those reg with AW, u wearing ur watch on left or right wrist?

Slavor

Reaction score
Left wrist. Which is going to make tapping in on mrt a bit troublesome, but still better than having to take out my wallet hah

Registered on Fri too at BV using my x.

Will start trying on this friday as well.

Suay that my watch screen cracked on last monday. Else, i will register with AW as well.

But one qns, those reg with AW, u wearing ur watch on left or right wrist

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does it work for commuters with concession? Like old folks or school kids?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.