OCBC Voyage Card

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Just sign up as a Premier Banking customer and applied for the Voyage Premier Card. I was told there is $400 credit to my Voyage card once approved. $400 is for placement of 200K, for those who place $350K will get $1000. This $400 will almost offset the first year principal card annual fee. Not bad.

Trent_83

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Am travelling to kL via air, but return leg is via coach. Both legs are bought using the voyage card. Will travel insurance be applied in this case?

Tks

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Am travelling to kL via air, but return leg is via coach. Both legs are bought using the voyage card. Will travel insurance be applied in this case?

Tks

Hi Trent_83,

The complimentary travel insurance is applicable when cardholders fully charged his/her scheduled round-trip air/sea/land travel ticket to the Voyage card.

As your tickets are one way, and not round-trip, the travel insurance will not apply.

You may refer to https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/policy_document_ocbc voyage_complimentary_travel.pdf for more details.

^DG

Trent_83

Reaction score
Hi,

I just called great eastern and they told me it is covered, as long as both trips are bought using the same card. They consider different mode of transport as round trip.

Can you help verify?

Tks!

Hi Trent_83,

The complimentary travel insurance is applicable when cardholders fully charged his/her scheduled round-trip air/sea/land travel ticket to the Voyage card.

As your tickets are one way, and not round-trip, the travel insurance will not apply.

You may refer to https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/policy_document_ocbc voyage_complimentary_travel.pdf for more details.

^DG

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

Just gotten my Premier Voyage card. Quick question, can a supplementary card holder access the Plaza Premium Lounge without the principal card holder? The T&C only state "cardmember" so I can't tell whether a sub-card holder is considered one.

Also, is there JetQuey service with the card? Thanks!

Tiger9119

Reaction score
1. Supplementary cardholder can use Plaza Premium Lounge without principal cardholder.
2. No JetQuay.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

I just called great eastern and they told me it is covered, as long as both trips are bought using the same card. They consider different mode of transport as round trip.

Can you help verify?

Tks!

Hi Trent_83,

We have checked further with the relevant department, and have confirmed that as long as the tickets to go and return by air/ sea/ land is charged to the card, it should be covered under the complimentary travel insurance.

We apologise for our previous reply to you, stating that it will not be covered.

^DG

Trent_83

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it more worth it to use the miles to redeem krisflyer points, or for shopping vouchers/cash rebate?

Tks!

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it more worth it to use the miles to redeem krisflyer points, or for shopping vouchers/cash rebate?

Tks!

1. Take the value of the shopping vouchers or cash rebate and divide by the number of voyage miles needed to redeem, you will get the value of each vm.

2. Take the value of the SQ tickets (First, Business or Economy class) and divide by number of krisflyer miles needed to redeem.

Other than krisflyer miles, is there other thing to redeem?

Last edited:

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sign up as a Premier Banking customer and applied for the Voyage Premier Card. I was told there is $400 credit to my Voyage card once approved. $400 is for placement of 200K, for those who place $350K will get $1000. This $400 will almost offset the first year principal card annual fee. Not bad.

hi bro,

can pm me contacts of your rm?

im a current premier cust and would like to get the card if i can get the credit also.

my rm says no such thing. haha.

thanks!

#cheapskate

260Wolskel

Reaction score
hi bro,

can pm me contacts of your rm?

im a current premier cust and would like to get the card if i can get the credit also.

my rm says no such thing. haha.

thanks!

#cheapskate

I think that was a promotion ended March 31 tho.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score

First year fee should be waived......

danielkok

Reaction score
Just got a letter regarding a tie-up between this card and Starhub. States that I will receive 50 dollars Shilla Duty Free voucher and first year free waiver when I sign up before 31 May. So, how do I go about doing this?

dunmesswifme

Reaction score
Same old tricks

So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Just got a letter regarding a tie-up between this card and Starhub. States that I will receive 50 dollars Shilla Duty Free voucher and first year free waiver when I sign up before 31 May. So, how do I go about doing this?

Hi danielkok,

In the mailer sent to you, there would be a URL provided. Application will have to be done via the URL provided.

Should you have further queries on this, do drop us a PM.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol

Hi there,

We note that you are speaking with our service executive on this. May we check if you have received a reply on your request?

If not, could you drop us a PM with your contact details? We will check on your case with our service executive, and will get in touch, at the soonest.

^DG

vince123123

Reaction score
Theres no need to pay if you are cancelling.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.