A levels results advise

rj4412

Reaction score
Hi guys, just received my a level results, I have 4H2 Bs and GP D with PW B, MTL A. Can i have some advise about what course can i apply to? I am thinking about NTU Business/NUS Business and adminstration. What are my chances? And also, will my GP grade affect my chances in these courses?

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
Local uni biz schools quite particular about GP grade. Rightly or wrongly, they think GP is a predictor of written communication skills.

4 Bs also not that good.

You got any other backup courses in mind? Maybe econs?

hello7777777

Reaction score
Hi,
Quite likely you cannot get into NUS/ NTU business.
How about NTU econs? Or SUSS?
Or NTU arts and social science department?
You can google for IGP NUS / NTU / SMU to look at indicative grade profiles.
All the best.

rj4412

Reaction score
hi, thanks for your reply. I understand that it'll be pretty difficult to apply for biz courses. In fact i actually am considering econs as back up. i checked the IGP for FASS in NUS and i meet their 10th percentile, except for GP which they assume a C. Do you think i stand a chance for NUS econs?

Last edited:

hello7777777

Reaction score
Yes, most likely. I heard BCC can also get into FASS, but I am not sure whether they can do econs in FASS.

hellosgporean

Reaction score
I don't think you can get into NUS business cos its quite competitive. You can try NTU business, maybe with appeal / DSA?

GP doesnt matter as much if you have other subjects to back you up (for NTU biz, not sure about NUS).
For SMU, they might require you to take a proficiency test

keeneelee

Reaction score
Science and engineering course got more chance i think. Business/Accounting and arts quite particular about GP

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.