Forex/Cryptocurrency General Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MCD $10/hr I might consider leh. I think is public holidays then $10/hr lah. Go drive grab/cab can earn more than that lor.

Fast food restaurants really cannot make it. 30-40 years ago S$1.90/hr. Now only S$5.00/hr. You can see how the salary did not catch up with inflation. S$1.90 purchasing power then is higher than S$5.00 presently.

I work in F&B industry when I was a very young man. Just have to watch out for a**hole Ah Beng colleagues and supervisors. Sometimes customers are unreasonable also. One good thing about F&B is that it is a very social kind of job especially if you work frontline and not in the kitchen.

Communication skills are very important. Singapore service sector standard is mostly cannot make it as employees do not have pride in their jobs. Interaction with them is like talking with a robot.

Can know a lot of chicks (both colleagues and customers). No such thing as social media apps during my time. F&B job is the fastest and most efficient way to meet the opposite sex. :D

Also working in F&B industry before has helped me to build a solid foundation in communication and sales/marketing skill sets. Most importantly must know how to play some politics. This is boh bian. :D

ya now almost all hourly work double pay in public hoilday :s13:

All along by law is double pay during public holidays.

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DOLLAR-YEN: Pares European gains with a move back...

DOLLAR-YEN: Pares European gains with a move back under Y107.00 after Bloomberg headlines that China is said to study Yuan devaluation as a tool in trade spat. Rate touched pullback lows of Y106.96 followed by an immediate recovery to theY107.05/10 area.

I already mentioned before China will use CNY devaluation as a weapon. :s13:

By the way I feel USD is very well supported today judging by the strength of USD/JPY.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Communication skills are very important. Singapore service sector standard is mostly cannot make it as employees do not have pride in their jobs. Interaction with them is like talking with a robot.

how to have pride when their pay so low.. see the job ads some trying to hire retail assistants work 6 days a week for for 8 hrs a day .. pay only $1200-$1400 and yet only want to hire sinkies :eek: after CPF they get how much only after that

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to have pride when their pay so low.. see the job ads some trying to hire retail assistants work 6 days a week for for 8 hrs a day .. pay only $1200-$1400 and yet only want to hire sinkies :eek: after CPF they get how much only after that

Retail assistant I also work before. :D

Yes stagnant wages is a true fact even if you have a university degree.

Those stucked with low pay jobs definitely need to either upgrade their skills or do their own business to increase income.

If blue collar job wages are decent then there is no need to give what stupid housing grants for HDB flats. Stagnant wages are not catching up with the true cost of living. :D

Heng uncle trade Forex to scoop some KFC profits to 过日子. My SAFRA S$100 vouchers all use up on Sheng Siong groceries liao. Now I am considering to apply for temporary assistance. Ai zai zenghu will take care of low income uncles like me. :s13:

https://www.msf.gov.sg/Comcare/Pages/Urgent-Financial-Assistance.aspx

On a serious note most youngsters never gone through any hardships before. The value of money to them is as good as readily available ATM card from their parents.

I hope by speaking about my life experiences the readers here can better understand where I am coming from and the rhetoric/opinions on certain topics. :D

Last edited:

ExtremeWays

Banned
Reaction score
Retail assistant I also work before. :D

Yes stagnant wages is a true fact even if you have a university degree.

Those stucked with low pay jobs definitely need to either upgrade their skills or do their own business to increase income.

If blue collar job wages are decent then there is no need to give what stupid housing grants for HDB flats. Stagnant wages are not catching up with the true cost of living. :D

Heng uncle trade Forex to scoop some KFC profits to 过日子. My SAFRA S$100 vouchers all use up on Sheng Siong groceries liao. Now I am considering to apply for temporary assistance. Ai zai zenghu will take care of low income uncles like me. :s13:

https://www.msf.gov.sg/Comcare/Pages/Urgent-Financial-Assistance.aspx

On a serious note most youngsters never gone through any hardships before. The value of money to them is as good as readily available ATM card from their parents.

I hope by speaking about my life experiences the readers here can better understand where I am coming from and the rhetoric/opinions on certain topics. :D

Nowadays you need to create your own hardship because sg is in general very comfortable. I live in 300 dollar budget. 800 give to parents.

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USD

USD bear trap now. Do not be fooled. :s13:

One directional pumping on EUR/USD and USD/CHF.

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which zenghu so good? :s22: i also want:o

MIW loh but only if you create your own hardship! :s13:

comfortable? u is lucky man nvr get retrench or out of work be4?

Just ignore trolls like him lah. Whatever comes out of his mouth is crap. :D

Chua sai boy has never flipped burgers or mopped restaurant floor in a day of his life before for chump wages and want to lecture people what is hardship? :eek:

I still remember the time I got my first pay cheque even though is peanuts amount. I used part of it to buy myself a t-shirt. From that day onwards I strive to work towards my goal of financial freedom. :D

Life is really sucks if you are broke or poor in Singapore. Unlike the 'poor' farmer in a third world country that plants crops or rear poultry for self subsistence perpetually. You cannot do that in Singapore even if you want to lead the nature boy lifestyle. And the best part is the farmer's land is practically freehold while the average Singaporean 'owns' a 99 year leasehold HDB flat.

Again I 'preached' many ties before to invest in hard assets no matter a fresh 99 year leasehold or freehold property, plantation land, bus stations, railways, ports, airfields, etc. Long term wise will not rugi because the forces of inflation will reflect into the future valuation.

Some will say why you leave out gold? Come on gold is for drug lords, war lords, governments, tycoons, etc. to fight battles. They need a secure store of value that has tested the passage of time. We are just small time civilians. What we need is yield.

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EUR/TRY

Position Opened: 12/03/2018
Quantity: 0.1 Lot
Volume: US$10,000
Direction: Sell
Swap Earned: US$104.38 :s13:
Pips: -2816
Net Profit/Loss (Unrealised): -US$588.23

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USD/RUB

Limit sell order triggered today! Now down by -9249 pips (-US$153). :s13:

USD/RUB up 4% today due to US sanctions.

Last edited:

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
Economic data releases this week: Apr 8 - Apr 14
all times in SST

Tue Apr 10
9:30pm USD PPI m/m

Wed Apr 11
2:00pm AUD RBA Gov Lowe Speaks
5:30pm GBP Manufacturing Production m/m
8:00pm EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks:s12:
9:30pm USD CPI m/m
USD Core CPI m/m
11:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories

Thu Apr 12
3:00am USD FOMC Meeting Minutes:s12:
9:30am JPY BOJ Gov Kuroda Speaks:s12:
8:30pm EUR ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts

Fri Apr 13
4:00am GBP BOE Gov Carney Speaks:s12:

Takodoro

Reaction score
Is GBP too weak in the past? It had been rising since Oct 2016.

Feel that GBP is dragging EUR up.

Last edited:

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fast food restaurants really cannot make it. 30-40 years ago S$1.90/hr. Now only S$5.00/hr. You can see how the salary did not catch up with inflation. S$1.90 purchasing power then is higher than S$5.00 presently.

I work in F&B industry when I was a very young man. Just have to watch out for a**hole Ah Beng colleagues and supervisors. Sometimes customers are unreasonable also. One good thing about F&B is that it is a very social kind of job especially if you work frontline and not in the kitchen.

Can know a lot of chicks (both colleagues and customers). No such thing as social media apps during my time. F&B job is the fastest and most efficient way to meet the opposite sex. :D

Also working in F&B industry before has helped me to build a solid foundation in communication and sales/marketing skill sets. Most importantly must know how to play some politics. This is boh bian. :D

siao la $5/hr, other part time job at least $8/hr leh. Back then I almost worked at MCD($3.50/hr? lolwut smlj ??) when I worked as waiter for better pay especially hotel lor. Yeah it is one of the best way to meet the opposite sex. Ahaha. Anyway I kana fired before at Swiss hotel as I quarreled with manager and scolded him vulgarities; some more he is an ah neh.

Hospitality industry is bo bian one la, that is why most people dun wan to do.

Btw retail assistant is the most kan sien job espically the time pass so SLOWLY. zzzzzzz

:s13:

Last edited:

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays you need to create your own hardship because sg is in general very comfortable. I live in 300 dollar budget. 800 give to parents.

******* limpeh bet u never been through hardship and tell people wat is hardship. It is like a virgin is teaching people how to have the proper sex.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
siao la $5/hr, other part time job at least $8/hr leh. Back then I almost worked at MCD($3.50/hr? lolwut smlj ??) when I worked as waiter for better pay especially hotel lor. Yeah it is one of the best way to meet the opposite sex. Ahaha. Anyway I kana fired before at Swiss hotel as I quarreled with manager and scolded him vulgarities; some more he is an ah neh.

Hospitality industry is bo bian one la, that is why most people dun wan to do.

S$5.00/hr is indeed too jialat. Only for those under 16 years old with no choice.

Hotel jobs better due to more welfare and uniform and meals provided.

I also have skirmishes with non Chinese colleagues in F&B work places before also. In F&B industry there are a lot of barbaric individuals on ego trip after landing in a supervisory role.

I will only work in F&B industry again but it is not for money but to see how the place is run. If anyone wants my Facebook I will just say I deleted my account due to data breach scandal hahaha. Maybe along the way sian some lonely widow or MILF. :s13:

******* limpeh bet u never been through hardship and tell people wat is hardship. It is like a virgin is teaching people how to have the proper sex.

Kiam F this joker. If anyone wants to blast chua sai boy outright for crap posts please feel free to do so. Even those who ever work 'sh*t jobs' before come out to blast him! His comment is indeed an insult to us. :s13:

However I urge readers just to ignore and refrain from replying to him seriously as he is just trolling and talking rubbish. Thank you for cooperation. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.