The Singapore Arcade Scene is dead

chenxiaop

Reaction score
i still went to nex to challenge people in kof once in a while. every friday and saturday night plentiful of challengers although it is just one machine only. other days mostly, i play kof online in this emulator called fightcade. there are challengers everyday online day and night.

I still remember the days when I was kicking peoples butt on Marvel vs Capcom.

The adrenaline rush whenever some new challenger inserts a token, the dread & nervousness when you recognize the challenger is an expert. But the excitement in winning matches by slight margins, the exhilaration of beating every opponent you have and while a whole crowd has gathered to watch you play yet no one having the balls to challenge you, the feeling is absolutely estatic.

It is just not the same anymore when you play multiplayer these days especially you not knowing who you are pitted against in your matches. I no longer feel a sense of accomplishment even if I beat the other guy.

R9-Type

Reaction score
The adrenaline rush whenever some new challenger inserts a token, the dread & nervousness when you recognize the challenger is an expert. But the excitement in winning matches by slight margins, the exhilaration of beating every opponent you have and while a whole crowd has gathered to watch you play yet no one having the balls to challenge you, the feeling is absolutely estatic.

Exactly this.

Sure, I purchased Tekken7 on PC too. Online play is a great thing, you find easily challengers all day and practice for free. But nothing beats a crowded Friday evening in an arcade with alike people VS playing and learning from each other.

Gone are those days...

lemonko

Reaction score
can try go the arcade, cow play cow moo at suntec
always see families with kids there

Sent from Green Hill Zone using GAGT

zuoom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there still a demand. As in enough to sustain ops, pay the rent etc.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably arcade scene is dead in general. Japan also.

Having one machine that costs thousands that can only play one game doesn't work with today's society anymore. With more and more games programmed for x86 (or even Windows in some cases), companies should come up with a new licensing system that allows more games to be played on a smaller number of machines.

kyo_99

Reaction score
Not much arcade scene now. Tbh it was going on a decline ever since sf4 days. If not for sf4, I believe it would be dead even sooner..

etbenben

Banned
Reaction score
Not much arcade scene now. Tbh it was going on a decline ever since sf4 days. If not for sf4, I believe it would be dead even sooner..

Not really ah . Wccf , those music games and wangan is still going strong ah

etbenben

Banned
Reaction score
For more than 3 years, I did not a single game.

Reason?

1) They kill off a lot of Konami's games. No online function and no new games.

2) It is the same old games . Didn't bring in new game like time crisis.

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT
U sure kill off?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The family theme arcades seem to be making a comeback.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.